Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 6:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
[Image: Suicide_Squad_Karen_Fukuhara_Katana-1280x720.jpg]

Suicide Squad.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Well, it’s official. I finally have a working Blu-ray of Guardians of the Galaxy that doesn’t crap out 77 minutes in. And likely it’s not going to be a crapshoot whether or not it actually shows anything past the language selection screen. Also, apparently Howard the Duck is part of the MCU.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
[Image: 220px-Back_to_the_Future_Part_III.jpg]
Friends : The Reunion (2021)

Apparently, It's not a special episode or something. I'm just watching a talk show...
This week in the Deep Hurting Project, from the makers of Fishtales, is Finding Jesus. And, somehow, I get the feeling it's going to be even less of a movie than Fishtales was.
  • So, an underwater day in the ocean. As opposed to the above-water days in the ocean.
  • A fish named Muggles. In a Christian movie.
  • So, why is this shark not moving, not eating Joy and Muggles, and speaking like someone who made last place in a Jimmy Stewart imitation contest?
  • I'd be baffled as to why these fish are so big on Jesus, but I was raised on Veggietales. But, then again, by this point in a Veggietales video, there'd be an actual plot. But it's the same couple shots repeated for a couple minutes. Fucking Christ, Big Idea put in effort when they did Veggietales, even when it was just a couple guys in an abandoned mall working before the release of Toy Story.
  • A dolphin can swim faster in currents without a dorsal fin?
  • Scary Henry is a depressed crab who looks like he's always smiling. Why does nothing about this character make sense?
  • It's nine minutes in and only now have they actually put some effort in conveying what the point of Christianity even is.
  • Yes, that's a smile. And, of course you two didn't do anything, it's the same exact same look you gave Scary Henry in the beginning. 
  • And this adventure barely did anything. You know what,  I'm just gonna leave this here:

What do you know, they actually had a proper story structure and decent writing. And, to remind you, this was made before Toy Story was released. And it's still more effort than was put in the film.
  • Wait, are we on repeat? Is this the same exact structure we just had to go through? Fuck me, this is going to be a compilation of episodes of an abortion of a TV show stuck together and called a movie, isn't it?
  • All those new predators? Like Professor Shark should be?
  • Wait, Marlo got stuck in seaweed? Why didn't Professor Shark actually help him?
  • There's no time to lose, which is why they're still stuck in the same places for the last couple minutes.
  • Why the fuck are we talking about the importance of friendship and not saving Marlo? Isn't there a life at stake?
  • They swim like never before. Which is why they kept to the same model.
  • And that's apparently an algae bed. And why can't we see any green?
  • So, these fish are two weeks old.
  • So, what about David and Jonathan reminds you of Muggles and Joy? Is it the simple fact that they're friendships? And why the fuck aren't they acting it out? That's what Veggietales would have done.
  • And these new reefs the fish have been exploring are so awesome, they're not even going to show them.
  • Well, that was anticlimactic: Marlo saved himself.
  • And they're discovering another new bed of algae with another fish helping them, except this time around, we don't even see it. 
  • So, giving to the poor is better because you'll be rewarded when the dead rise from the grave. Got it. 
  • And there's no crustaceans in this place apparently rich in crustaceans?
  • Wait, why are they so worried about homework? Didn't Professor Shark tell them to take the rest of the day off because they showed friends a bed of algae? Okay, so apparently the transition between this episode and the last one is a bit less obvious than the last episodes.
  • Didn't you just do this verse from the book of Timothy?
  • So, Mr. Sushi is just a sushi roll speaking in what I can only describe as a clearly fake Franco-Japanese accent.
  • They're going to tell Professor Shark about all the things they studied. But not the audience, evidently.
  • And, apparently, the school is willing to give two-week old fish a job as a teacher. 
  • Boo Cakes? Is he any relation to Buck Cake? 
  • We're all perfect in Jesus' eyes? That does not sound like actual Christian doctrine. 
  • "It's been a blood day?" 
  • Forgetfulness=/=clumsiness.
  • A pink fish? You mean a seahorse? 
Well, that was shit. Worse than Fishtales, less of a movie, and didn't even bother to integrate its Christianity into the movie beyond pontificating about how awesome Jesus is. And nobody even bothered to look for Jesus, let alone find him.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
‘The Bank Job’ (2008). Jason Statham, Saffron Burrows.

Very, VERY loosely based on the 1971 Baker Street bank robbery. It’s ok for what it is, a rather atypical heist film.  Kind of refreshing, though, to see Statham beat almost no one up. Well, not until near the end, and then it’s only 3 people. 6/10.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Anabelle Comes Home
I went on a Lord of the Rings marathon over the weekend, watching the extended versions of the trilogy.  Popcorn
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Plan B (2021) - another comedy about abortion as well as religious oppression in the US. It's about teenagers and bad sex-ed they get in school (abstinence-only program), then how they can't get contraceptive products because of "religious freedoms" that clerks have, and some kids being completely religiously brainwashed.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 640 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 4685 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 1014 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 749 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 606 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 651 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 2074 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2766 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1967 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 2245 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer