Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 12:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Hobby Lobby Faces Backlash Over Newspaper Ad Calling for Christian-Run Government

https://www.newsweek.com/hobby-lobby-chr...rt-1606873
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 7, 2021 at 9:58 am)brewer Wrote: Hobby Lobby Faces Backlash Over Newspaper Ad Calling for Christian-Run Government

https://www.newsweek.com/hobby-lobby-chr...rt-1606873

The more outrageous these firms are, the more successful they are.  Sure, 50% of the country will hate them, but the other 50% will flock to their stores.

I'm surprised we don't have entire companies declaring themselves Christian-only.  Buy "Christian Cola", not that non-secular Coke.

I would think that catering to the culture wars could be very profitable for more than just televangelists.
San Jose To Tax Gun Owners

Quote:San Jose has become the first US city to require gun owners to cover the cost of gun violence.
The move comes after the May mass shooting at a transit yard in the city that left nine people dead.
The move was approved by the city council this week and will require every gun owner to buy liability insurance and pay an annual fee for gun-related emergency responses.

This is really fucking stupid, because:

-It completely ignores the problem of gun violence.

-It’s going to lead - almost immediately - to selective enforcement.

-It is putting a tax on a Constitutionally enumerated right.

-And most of all, the city council have to KNOW it isn’t going to survive legal challenges. 

Idiots.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Trump sues Twitter, Facebook, Google and CEOs Dorsey, Zuckerberg, Pichai

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/07/trump-sa...ichai.html
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 7, 2021 at 11:14 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: San Jose To Tax Gun Owners

Quote:San Jose has become the first US city to require gun owners to cover the cost of gun violence.
The move comes after the May mass shooting at a transit yard in the city that left nine people dead.
The move was approved by the city council this week and will require every gun owner to buy liability insurance and pay an annual fee for gun-related emergency responses.

This is really fucking stupid, because:

-It completely ignores the problem of gun violence.

-It’s going to lead - almost immediately - to selective enforcement.

-It is putting a tax on a Constitutionally enumerated right.

-And most of all, the city council have to KNOW it isn’t going to survive legal challenges. 

Idiots.

Boru

If they want to tax rights I guess they would also be OK with a poll tax.
We’re fine with poll taxes. We use them to keep the hated others from voting.

More of a political minefield than a legal one, IMO.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Florida tries to make it illegal for media platforms to ban or censor politicians.

Judge Blocks Florida Law
America's what?! Wacky

[Image: Royal-Family.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I've heard the idea floated of 'Homicide Hotlines' for people consumed with rage to get help before they murder someone. Not sure how effective it would be, but it doesn't cross the Constitution.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 8, 2021 at 11:03 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: I've heard the idea floated of 'Homicide Hotlines' for people consumed with rage to get help before they murder someone. Not sure how effective it would be, but it doesn't cross the Constitution.

If you're enraged enough to kill some motherfucker - you' re way past making a phone call to talk about it.......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 5753 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 594 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1681 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37