Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
I went 18 days without smoking, and went back to smoking. What a stupid decision. I should've been in the clear.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(September 10, 2021 at 11:29 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(September 10, 2021 at 10:57 am)Ahriman Wrote: I can't stop smoking cigarettes. Someone please help me.
Go play in traffic.....

That' s how I did it.

44 days in the ICU and I was a non-smoker.

I was in the hospital once for long enough that the physical dependence on nicotine and most of the cravings had gone. The first thing I did when I got the chance was light up. It made me nauseated but I kept smoking.

Quitting is hard. You just have to keep trying. It took me about 10 attempts before I succeeded. There is no wrong way.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Feeling a bit yucky today. Most likely the result of the flu shot I got yesterday morning. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Happiness is its own kind of curse.......I am content, but very, very bored. I have 3 friends, a male and two females, I prefer the females. The male can be a bit of a jerk off, at times. The only holy relic left in my house is a ceramic "hand with eye in the palm" piece, mounted on my wall. I've noticed fewer roaches in my house since mounting the piece. I wish I was smart enough to go to college. I need a life coach, someone who will encourage me to take the right kind of chances, that will lead me to worldly success.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
In case you didn't know, Ahriman: 
Quote:The Hamsa is also variously known as the Hand of Fatima after the daughter of Muhammad,[7] the Hand of Mary, the Hand of Miriam, and the Hand of the Goddess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamsa
Four night work weekend begins this evening.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I need to work all weekend, the bit of work I'm working on is failing inexplicably. It's supposed to go into production on Wednesday. I don't mind, it'll keep me away from the whiskey, for awhile.
(September 10, 2021 at 11:00 pm)Jackalope Wrote: I need to work all weekend, the bit of work I'm working on is failing inexplicably.  It's supposed to go into production on Wednesday.   I don't mind, it'll keep me away from the whiskey, for awhile.

I've had code (FORTRAN) give me problems like that. I'll never forget writing some polarization sense correction code and having it take me a week to realize that a PDP-12/23 (yes, I'm that old) doesn't accept "tab" like a DEC mainframe does. I ended up going back and using the space bar on many lines of code to replace the "tab" with the requisite number of spaces.  Doh

I got called back later because the guy in charge of that had given me bad instructions about the use of logarithms. He wanted the results expressed in negative logs instead of dB negative. Of course, that's just mathematically stupid, so I coded it properly. When he told the senior scientist what I had done, I got called back to "make it right". I took a brief look at it, and said, "It's already correct, I wrote it against your instructions".  Hehe  He was not amused.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
When complete strangers try to interact with me for no discernible reason, I tend to go along with it. I can’t shake the conviction that they might be Scott Bakula trying to change history.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Ziggy says there's a 26 percent chance you' re right....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2317 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2091 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2402 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2300 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5827 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2147 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1202 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1254 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 874 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1196 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous