Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 11:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
Naw..

The rabbi just wanted ALL of the bacon for himself...
Ant that really rare "beef" on his sandwich.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
There should really be "Psycho: The Musical"

[Image: Ladder.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(September 27, 2021 at 9:44 am)Fireball Wrote: Ant that really rare "beef" on his sandwich.

Reminds of this dusty:

A priest and a rabbi find themselves seated next to each other on the train. They strike up a cordial conversation and discuss the finer point of their respective theologies. Over lunch, the priest says, ‘Avram, I’d like to asked you a question. If it’s too personal, you don’t have to answer.’

The rabbi raises his eyebrows. ‘Nu? Ask your question.’

‘Well,’ says the priest, ‘I know that pork isn’t kosher. But I was wondering…have you ever given in to the temptation and tried it.’

The rabbi sits back and says with a sigh, ‘Michael, we’ve talked, we’ve broken bread - I feel we’ve become friends, so I’ll tell you. Yes. When I was at rabbinical school, I once ate a small piece of ham. I explained my weakness to God and I feel he understands that none of us is perfect. Now, may I ask you a question?’

‘Certainly.’

‘You’re a Catholic priest, so I know you’ve taken a vow of celibacy. Have you ever broken that vow?’

After a bit of hemming and hawing, the priest says, ‘Well…shortly after I was ordained, I gave into temptation and had sexual relations with a woman in my parish.’

The rabbi leans forward with a smile and says, ‘Better than ham, am I right?’

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Do you guys ever fantasize about having impressive relationships? Like hanging out with celebrities and stuff like that?
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(September 27, 2021 at 3:57 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Do you guys ever fantasize about having impressive relationships? Like hanging out with celebrities and stuff like that?

I fantasize about hanging out with intelligent people. Sadly, you are a bit of a stone in my shoe in that regard.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 27, 2021 at 4:12 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
(September 27, 2021 at 3:57 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Do you guys ever fantasize about having impressive relationships? Like hanging out with celebrities and stuff like that?

I fantasize about hanging out with intelligent people.  Sadly, you are a bit of a stone in my shoe in that regard.
Well that's boring.
(September 27, 2021 at 4:14 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 27, 2021 at 4:12 pm)Angrboda Wrote: I fantasize about hanging out with intelligent people.  Sadly, you are a bit of a stone in my shoe in that regard.
Well that's boring.

How would you know?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:Well that's boring.
Yes I imagine you would find that boring  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(September 27, 2021 at 4:18 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
(September 27, 2021 at 4:14 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Well that's boring.

How would you know?
You would rather sit around and discuss politics, philosophy, and other boring intellectual shit, than party with Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2285 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2074 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2379 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2280 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5780 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2119 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1190 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1240 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 873 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1192 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous