Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 4:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Too PC for me.
RE: Too PC for me.
(October 2, 2021 at 1:13 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Blah blah blah...

On.and fucking on about what I think.....

It' s really quite simple.

Only idiots think that men get pregnant.

Fine. But I don't think anyone made a claim about biology.

Think about society for a moment, biker. We have all kinds of gender norms in society. I don't think it's a bad thing. I conform to and participate in gender norms all the time. We all do. These norms are entrenched in our social constructs.

But (though it may bother you to no end) there are folks who don't fit the gender mold we have traditionally imposed on every individual. Some people at NPR are making room for these folks. They aren't harassing you. They aren't imposing their views on you. They're just making room for people who don't conform to gender norms.

Don't be the "Southern sheriff" archetype who is bothered about hippies gathering together in his town and being weird. Nonconformity is a good thing. Live and let live.
Wait, wait -- I've figured it out! Conservatives are more likely to be vaccine-hesitant. Conservatives are more likely to be annoyed by PC language. I've got it! It's a conspiracy to persuade liberals to get vaccinated, yet trigger vaccine-hesitant conservatives so they won't get vaccinated. It's reverse replacement! While we're trying to bring brown people in to replace white people, we're also trying to see that as many of the wrong kind of white people die. It makes sense to me now.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 1, 2021 at 11:55 am)Angrboda Wrote: Biker is the type of asshole who would call a guy with long hair a girl by mistake and then not apologize because he doesn't agree with guys wearing long hair.

Absolutely zero insight into other people and no tolerance for anybody's opinion but his own.

Quote:bigot, n.

a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

~ Merriam-Webster

Totally of topic, I was once stood behind a lad with hip lenght hair. Only problem was that Therapy? were on stage.

On topic, you are who you are, and frankly it's what your brain is saying is what's most important. For too long we've been thinking of sexuality and gender identity as a binary thing when it's not. It is much more multifaceted and complicated, and accepting people as they wish is the only sensible way to go.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
One thing is for certain, social norms and customs change. If you study history, this fact is unquestionably evident. Most of us live in a tiny bubble consisting of a handful of generations in a single country. The oldest generation typically struggles to keep change at bay. Each successive younger generation struggles to do their own thing and is baffled by the older generation berating them for it. But change is inevitable and when you understand and accept that, it makes your life a lot easier. And of course all of this applies to language as well; it's always evolving.

I'm not going to pretend to know if this fact is a good or a bad thing; but it is a fact. Customs we all find normal would appall people from 100 or 1,000 years ago and we would be appalled by some of their customs, too. So in the grand scheme of time, I don't see why any of it matters. As long as we are not talking about people getting hurt or oppressed in any way, I believe it just is what it is.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller

And they always will.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(October 1, 2021 at 11:20 am)arewethereyet Wrote: I just have a difficult time remembering what's okay and what's not.  

I find it odd to use wife and husband when clearly those are gender based labels.

(October 2, 2021 at 11:11 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(October 2, 2021 at 11:05 am)Mermaid Wrote: It's odd how being considerate of others is now termed "PC".

Who exactly - are they being considerate for?

Safe bet - no direct answer forthcoming.
Huh? What do you mean? You don't know me, so why would you make that assumption? 

Here are some direct answers: 

You would call someone by their gender identity out of consideration for them. 
You'd call someone by the ethnic name of their choosing out of consideration for them. 
You'd call someone by the sexual preference of their choosing out of consideration for them. 
The list goes on. 

Just like you would call someone by the name they give you out of consideration for them.

(October 2, 2021 at 1:13 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Blah blah blah...

It' s really quite simple.

Jesus on a raft, you're a dick.

(October 1, 2021 at 8:53 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 1, 2021 at 6:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Where in the OP do you see " outrage" you sniveling old bitch ?

"Annoying" is not synonomous with " outrage" .

If you are unclear with the definition of annoying - consult a mirror.
Name calling is the first sign that you’re losing the argument, lol.

Oh, I don't know abut that, I think it's also a sign that the person in question is being an exasperating penisface and isn't worth arguing with anymore.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Quote:Who exactly - are they being considerate for?

Safe bet - no direct answer forthcoming.

Wow, that's really unfair.  You've gotten dozens of direct answers to this topic and pretty much rejected on all of them despite them being mostly sincere responses.

I don't know if you read my earlier post about how older people when I was young demanded to be addressed in a respectable way, such as sir, ma'am, miss and so forth.  I don't see how these expectations are any different than the one's you are complaining about now.  They are all arbitrary.  All of them have something to do with dignity and respect.  It's also socially expected to refer to people holding a PHD as Dr., though this appears to be fading somewhat.  These things are all in the same purview.  Have you ever addressed a member of the police as "ossifer"?  Man, you'll get body slammed for that.

Funny side note.  When General Washington became the first US President, there was a lively debate about how to properly address him/the office.  Numerous suggestions abounded, some of them lengthy and noble, but eventually it was decided that it should simply be Mr. President.  Imagine how different it might be now if John Adams had gotten his way and the address became "His Highness, the President of the United States of America and the Protector of their Liberties"!!
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
Quote:Blah blah blah...

Well, you make your thoughts pretty clear. You are not some profound genius who is too complex for any of us to figure out.

Quote:It' s really quite simple.

Only an idiot denies Trans people exist

Quote:Who exactly - are they being considerate for?
Trans people. Have you been paying attention?

Quote:Safe bet - no direct answer forthcoming.
Like 6 people have responded with good answer so this statement is false
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I swear if I were to sign on as Biker and said the sky is blue there is a contingent that would show up and argue about.

I can think of a handful of people who seem to just seek to argue with him.

I argue with him too...I just don't feel it's something I need to do on every thread/post.

But y'all do y'all.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NRA, too many hands in the cookie jar? Gawdzilla Sama 11 1099 November 28, 2020 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Obama: This simple '60 Minutes' question was 'too tough' for Trump WinterHold 7 1142 October 31, 2020 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 2677 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  When Irony Is Too Good To Ignore BrianSoddingBoru4 13 3149 July 8, 2019 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Too stupid to let loose Mr.Obvious 5 1066 October 27, 2018 at 5:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This is just too good brewer 5 811 October 15, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  And this figures, too Minimalist 0 344 September 10, 2018 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm Sure The WLB Will Pardon This Asshole, Too Minimalist 0 441 August 30, 2018 at 2:59 pm
  Looks As If Brexit Is Complicated, Too. Minimalist 10 1598 June 23, 2018 at 12:16 pm
  Does She Get $130G Too? How About The Boinkee? Minimalist 10 1898 May 8, 2018 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0