Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks As If Brexit Is Complicated, Too.
Looks As If Brexit Is Complicated, Too.
Why is everyone surprised?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44582831

Quote:BMW joins Airbus in Brexit warning

Quote:The car giant BMW has followed plane-maker Airbus in warning about the consequences of Brexit uncertainty.
BMW UK boss Ian Robertson says clarity is needed by the end of the summer. BMW makes the Mini and Rolls Royce and employs about 8,000 people in the UK.
Earlier, Airbus, which employs 14,000 people in the UK, warned it could leave if the UK exits the single market and customs union with no transition deal.
RE: Looks As If Brexit Is Complicated, Too.
It's going to go down in the history books as one of most idiotic events ever. It's not like one of those tragedies that couldn't have been foreseen. This was totally unnecessary and a complete waste of time and resources. What a fucking farce, trying to "leave" the EU while begging them to keep everything the same.

All we seem to get out of it is less regulated Tories, and I don't see how that's a good thing.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
What's a Torie?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(June 23, 2018 at 12:40 am)Joods Wrote: What's a Torie?

An unofficial/official name for a member of the Conservative party in the UK. The term goes back centuries, it used to be the actual name of a political party: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tories_(Br...cal_party)
That's very interesting! Thanks Tibs.😀
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
They're about 1,000 times diluted of your average "fuck poor people" American politician, but they still suck. Devious and self-interested, they do everything they can get away with.

Sadly our other parties aren't fielding much strong competition at the moment.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
I told 'em brexit was a stupid idea but they never listen to me Sad
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Brexit it looking to be a massive disaster for my country, and the 48% of us that voted remain may be left with a hard brexit that does not reflect the fact that the vote was quite tight. I accept the democratic vote; but I feel the consequences as types of brexit were unknown to many at the time of the referendum when both leave and remain ran horrible campaigns.

I hope Parliament gets a meaningful vote on the final withdrawal; a hard Brexit could be disastrous, certainly in the short and mid-term future of British trade.

Fuck the Tories.
Since it’s well known most people didn’t understand what they were voting on, and that the leave campaign exceeded the spending limit and used false propaganda, the result should be wiped off.

Ultimately this is on David Cameron.

Index of my best videos
(June 23, 2018 at 12:44 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(June 23, 2018 at 12:40 am)Joods Wrote: What's a Torie?

An unofficial/official name for a member of the Conservative party in the UK. The term goes back centuries, it used to be the actual name of a political party: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tories_(Br...cal_party)

It's also early modern Irish for highwayman.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too PC for me. onlinebiker 256 13990 December 20, 2021 at 6:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  NRA, too many hands in the cookie jar? Gawdzilla Sama 11 842 November 28, 2020 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Obama: This simple '60 Minutes' question was 'too tough' for Trump WinterHold 7 785 October 31, 2020 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 1894 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The impeachment of Trump suddenly looks like much more than just a theory WinterHold 45 3805 January 10, 2020 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  When Irony Is Too Good To Ignore BrianSoddingBoru4 13 2786 July 8, 2019 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  So, Brits. How's Brexit Going? Minimalist 190 15520 February 4, 2019 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Too stupid to let loose Mr.Obvious 5 897 October 27, 2018 at 5:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This is just too good brewer 5 688 October 15, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  And this figures, too Minimalist 0 305 September 10, 2018 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist