Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 4:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only corporations are considered people with freedom in America.
RE: Only corporations are considered people with freedom in America.
Really? You don't know much about the Revolutionary war, do you?

(It was fought and won by "peasants")

(November 18, 2011 at 11:08 am)aleialoura Wrote: Really? You don't know much about the Revolutionary war, do you?

(It was fought and won by "peasants")
Well, it wasn't led by them, however.
No revolutionary war was led by peasants.
I can say the same for our war for independence.
Without proper guidance, assistance and knowledge, any uprising is doomed to be a minor peasant rebellion.
Here it states;
Quote:“It’s not a middle-class uprising,” adds another veteran bank executive. “It’s fringe groups. It’s people who have the time to do this.”
I think this person is right.
People who have time to go through with such things are the ones that are generally there. It's not really a "99%" uprising as they tell us.
Note that I didn't say that their words are false(although I must say that they're not very well formulated or thought out), but merely stating that the American people are well integrated in the system that they live in, and large portions of it strive to protect it.
So, regarding the nature of these protests, I have to say that they are not a revolution, not even an uprising, since they aren't really doing anything, meaning, they're doing nothing.

[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Tell that to the people in Wall Street, LA and SF that they're "fringe groups" and that they're not the 99% despite losing home, being crushed with debt and angry at Too-Big-To-Fail.

You'll be lucky not to come out drawn and quartered.

OWS is playing a dangerous game, as is the establishment. OWS hopes that eventually, the establishment will use police to do some truly monstrous things, ending in the deaths of several people. They're hoping that will galvanize others into demanding change.

The fascists, I mean establishment, hopes that if they can harass and drown out OWS, then people will become afraid and not join OWS.

It can go either way at this point.

And it causes me sadness to think that if OWS is to succeed, even at instituting anti-corruption and anti-lobbyist laws, then a bunch of people for OWS must die in some manner that enrages the fearful public to act.

Nothing more irksome than a fear culture, because it stagnates action in preference of inaction -- which chiefly characterizes the inconsistent and pathological responses to OWS.

The biggest joke of it all, is that if the civic leaders of said cities were to engage in a dialogue (talk is cheap), they'd be able to whittle away and while down the OWS protestors.

Instead, they hide behind police actions and then decry said actions.

Must feel schizophrenic to be a cop right now.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(November 18, 2011 at 11:02 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Revolution?
Done by whom? I wonder what kind of people are those that are on the streets?
How many are really well-earning, or people with a degree that amounts for something, or actually people that have no time to waste on protests?
You can't have a revolution led by peasants.

I put my foot down.

MEHMET, you will NOT turn this thread into yet another discussion of warfare.

Please stay on topic

Quote:Tell that to the people in Wall Street, LA and SF that they're "fringe groups" and that they're not the 99% despite losing home, being crushed with debt and angry at Too-Big-To-Fail.
Well, I really wonder if this is actually a middle-class uprising, since it would have a true economic and social impact if it were as such.
Debt is something that even the rich owe to someone, as a clever businessman would never invest his own money into anything, and has to take up loans to do things, while not risking his own money outright.

But for the poorer pockets of society, I agree that debt can be a real problem. However, I don't know what the government, or the rich fucks in wall street are supposed to do about it.
The banks loan out credits to anyone who desires it(and can provide something that can amount for it, in case it does not return).

Quote:OWS is playing a dangerous game, as is the establishment. OWS hopes that eventually, the establishment will use police to do some truly monstrous things, ending in the deaths of several people. They're hoping that will galvanize others into demanding change.
Monstrous things? Like what? Like you mean in the "arab spring"? The people in OWS are not even experiencing anything near what the people in Tunisia have experienced, or those in Egypt...Like it's fun sitting around, doing nothing, holding up signs and all....But in truth, it does not amount to anything.
It's only a matter of time before OWS is blown into obscurity on it's own.
Quote:And it causes me sadness to think that if OWS is to succeed, even at instituting anti-corruption and anti-lobbyist laws, then a bunch of people for OWS must die in some manner that enrages the fearful public to act.
I doubt that this will result into the deaths of any protestors, unless the protestors decide to resort to acts of violence themselves, and not even then, they'll only get beaten over the head with batons and spread with tear gas, just like in athens.
For laws, as I said, the correct adress is in Washington, not in NY.
Quote:The biggest joke of it all, is that if the civic leaders of said cities were to engage in a dialogue (talk is cheap), they'd be able to whittle away and while down the OWS protestors.
Dialogue for what? Who are they to negotiate anything, really?
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(November 17, 2011 at 5:40 pm)5thHorseman Wrote:
(November 17, 2011 at 5:16 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote: The revolution will eventually come... don't worry.

Judging by what I saw in Nyc, there is no chance of there ever being a revolution. When the shit hits the fan, 1000people turn out in Wall Street. In the UK, the government asks people to contribute a bit more to their pension schemes, 400000 march through London. Americans seem be of the attitude 'I'm all right jack'. It stinks.

Re. the UK pension point, on November 30th, 2 maybe 3 million public sector workers will be on strike because the shitty government wants them to pay more, work longer and get less pension when they retire ( or drop dead before that...probably the preferred option by the Tory/ Liberal Coallition ).
The sad thing is, many in the private sector will not be supporting the strike because they have no or poor pensions and in their misguided view, they would drag pension entitlement down to their level rather than fight to match what the public sector has achieved.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(November 18, 2011 at 8:24 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(November 18, 2011 at 11:02 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Revolution?
Done by whom? I wonder what kind of people are those that are on the streets?
How many are really well-earning, or people with a degree that amounts for something, or actually people that have no time to waste on protests?
You can't have a revolution led by peasants.

I put my foot down.

MEHMET, you will NOT turn this thread into yet another discussion of warfare.

Please stay on topic
How exactly did you figure out that my post had anything to do with warfare?
It certainly has nothing to do with it.
Quote:Re. the UK pension point, on November 30th, 2 maybe 3 million public sector workers will be on strike because the shitty government wants them to pay more, work longer and get less pension when they retire ( or drop dead before that...probably the preferred option by the Tory/ Liberal Coallition ).
The sad thing is, many in the private sector will not be supporting the strike because they have no or poor pensions and in their misguided view, they would drag pension entitlement down to their level rather than fight to match what the public sector has achieved.
Are they not a part of worker's unions?
Good.

To be honest I like your posts. It just seems you like to dwell on warfare for some reason.
(November 18, 2011 at 9:35 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Good.

To be honest I like your posts. It just seems you like to dwell on warfare for some reason.
I dwell on something much more dirty and dangerous.
War is already beyond solving any situation around the world that politics cannot solve.
mehmet,
Many workers in the private sector are not members of trade unions.
Others are but have forgotten what worker solidarity is all about.
Rather than moaning about their poor pension plans, they should be joiming the fight to secure better.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why only religious beliefs protected? FrustratedFool 49 3973 September 27, 2023 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1614 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 4819 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1355 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 10545 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 9970 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Silver 61 4371 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Republican America Silver 19 1456 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 4710 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] The Mental Illness Crisis in America T.J. 9 1299 August 19, 2019 at 12:03 am
Last Post: AFTT47