Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 2:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Yeah, fun to be had. The swamp got him, not justice, but something like it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yeah shot himself in the head in that swamp. I do feel bad for his parents. What they did was wrong (refusing to talk to the police/the Petitos, not holding their son accountable), but no one deserves to lose a child. And all the media harassment outside their home had to have been hard, though I'm sure I contributed to the problem by reading every news article about it.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
If you are going to shoot yourself in the head - a swamp is a great place to do it.

You shoot yourself in the head in the house - somebody has to clean up the mess - probably need to repaint the walls and ceiling - and replace the carpeting.

In a swamp? Hell - they can just leave you there and let the critters clean up.....
(November 24, 2021 at 6:16 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I think the lead prosecutor in the Ahmaud case did a fantastic job.

It helps when the whole thing is on video.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
It’s to be expected, I suppose. You love your kid even if they’re a dirtball…so you’re not gonna talk, and people are gonna be pissed. I’m sure they considered that going in.

Id probably tell anyone looking to pound fucking sand and just let them yell at me, myself. Couldn’t be bothered to feel like I was being harassed- more like people responding to my stubborn belligerence.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Josephine Baker (1903-1975), American-French dancer, singer, member of the French Resistance during WWII, intelligence agent, outspoken hater of Nazis, and civil rights activist, is to be re-interred at the Pantheon, among such luminaries as Voltaire, Victor Hugo, and Louis Braille. She is the first black woman to be so honoured.

About bleedin’ time.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
People were saying the anti-Dave Chappelle people weren't looking to destroy comedy. No slippery slope, right? Well, now woke news reporters are even attacking someone as milktoast as Trevor Noah for making supposedly anti-black jokes. Clown world. This is why comedians get a pass for making God damn jokes. You start nitpicking, and this is where you end up.

Oh noeees! Did they kill Trevor? Did he get better?

( fyi, he’s caught shit off and on since 2015. Still has a cultural megaphone, corporate backers, and studio time. As far as I’m aware, congress has yet to write a “Shut up Trevor” bill… though I’m sure it’s crossed the mind of plenty of your fellow frozen peach fans)
Quote:People were saying the anti-Dave Chappelle people weren't looking to destroy comedy. No slippery slope, right? Well, now woke news reporters are even attacking someone as milktoast as Trevor Noah for making supposedly anti-black jokes. Clown world. This is why comedians get a pass for making God damn jokes. You start nitpicking, and this is where you end up.
Oh no not Trevor Noah whatever will do. Comedy is doomed because .....Um ....People criticize comedians and hold them to a standard when they do shitty things  Dodgy

(November 26, 2021 at 6:10 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Oh noeees!  Did they kill Trevor?  Did he get better?

( fyi, he’s caught shit off and on since 2015.  Still has a cultural megaphone, corporate backers, and studio time.  As far as I’m aware, congress has yet to write a “Shut up Trevor” bill… though I’m sure it’s crossed the mind of plenty of your fellow frozen peach fans)
Gotta keep The Culture War Fear Train rolling ..... Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(November 26, 2021 at 6:10 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Oh noeees!  Did they kill Trevor?  Did he get better?

( fyi, he’s caught shit off and on since 2015.  Still has a cultural megaphone, corporate backers, and studio time.  As far as I’m aware, congress has yet to write a “Shut up Trevor” bill… though I’m sure it’s crossed the mind of plenty of your fellow frozen peach fans)

No one said Trevor Noah was cancelled or going broke. What I was implying is that this is where things are heading. Comedy is dying a death by a thousand cuts. Where will comedy be in 20 years? In 50 years? What are you not going to be allowed to joke about in 100 years? I think long term.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4961 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 566 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1622 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37