Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RIP thread
RE: RIP thread
'Bat Out Of Hell' was the first album I bought with my own money.

It's really a shame that Meatloaf became rather a sad parody of himself. Helluva voice in the early days, though.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(January 21, 2022 at 4:39 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 21, 2022 at 4:35 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Meatloaf.

Can't say I'm shocked. His health was always on the dodgy side.

Bummer, though.

Boru

F me! Always loved this song. His fans will miss him.

(January 21, 2022 at 5:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Bat Out Of Hell' was the first album I bought with my own money.

It's really a shame that Meatloaf became rather a sad parody of himself. Helluva voice in the early days, though.

Boru

I remember channel surfing a few years ago and coming across one of those "ghost hunt" shows thst were so popular a few years ago.

Mr. Loaf was on it and was utterly ridiculous.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
The first concert I went to in 1978.
He was real big then... Needed oxygen...
Excellent nonetheless.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 21, 2022 at 5:05 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 21, 2022 at 4:39 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Can't say I'm shocked. His health was always on the dodgy side.

Bummer, though.

Boru

F me! Always loved this song. His fans will miss him.

Here's a bit of trivia for you, since you're a 'Night Court' fan: The female vocals on 'Paradise' were by Ellen Foley, who played Billie Young in the second season of 'Night Court'. She didn't appear in the video because the producers felt she wasn't sexy enough.

Boru
(January 21, 2022 at 5:16 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 21, 2022 at 5:05 am)Brian37 Wrote: F me! Always loved this song. His fans will miss him.

Here's a bit of trivia for you, since you're a 'Night Court' fan: The female vocals on 'Paradise' were by Ellen Foley, who played Billie Young in the second season of 'Night Court'. She didn't appear in the video because the producers felt she wasn't sexy enough.

Boru

Wow, thanks for that tid bit. I really mean that. Hollywood and music do lots of twisting to make things work for their profits.
(January 21, 2022 at 5:18 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 21, 2022 at 5:16 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Here's a bit of trivia for you, since you're a 'Night Court' fan: The female vocals on 'Paradise' were by Ellen Foley, who played Billie Young in the second season of 'Night Court'. She didn't appear in the video because the producers felt she wasn't sexy enough.

Boru

Wow, thanks for that tid bit. I really mean that. Hollywood and music do lots of twisting to make things work for their profits.

Kinda their job, though.

Boru
I was a little surprised that he was in over 60 movies. While I was aware he was in a few, I didn't think it was that many.

He certainly had a couple of big hits...big man...the anti-rock star guy.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 21, 2022 at 8:41 am)arewethereyet Wrote: I was a little surprised that he was in over 60 movies.  While I was aware he was in a few, I didn't think it was that many.

He always said he preferred acting to music. He was pretty fair as an actor - not world class, but hardly an embarrassment, either.

Boru
(January 21, 2022 at 11:40 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 21, 2022 at 8:41 am)arewethereyet Wrote: I was a little surprised that he was in over 60 movies.  While I was aware he was in a few, I didn't think it was that many.

He always said he preferred acting to music. He was pretty fair as an actor - not world class, but hardly an embarrassment, either.

Boru

And this should probably be under what I know today that I didn't know yesterday...but on the radio this morning when they announced his death they added that he was from Dallas. A local boy. Who knew?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There is no justice...... RBG RIP! Brian37 96 5672 September 29, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  RIP Luke Perry Fake Messiah 12 1758 March 8, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  RIP Keith Flint GUBU 1 539 March 4, 2019 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  RIP Stan Lee Foxaèr 1 404 November 13, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  RIP McCain Losty 51 5816 September 4, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Rosie Riveter RIP, Brian37 3 980 January 23, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  RIP Brucie Cyberman 2 1354 August 19, 2017 at 4:30 am