Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP McCain
RIP McCain
He was one of the few republicans I liked.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/25/obitu...-dead.html
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: RIP McCain
(August 25, 2018 at 9:09 pm)Losty Wrote: He was one of the few replucicans I liked.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/25/obitu...-dead.html

Wow. I heard that he was discontinuing treatment for his cancer last night. That was quick.

And with McCain dies Republican bipartisanship in Congress.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I didn't know much about Senator McCain until he ran against Obama.  The more I learned about him, the more I understood him to be a highly principled man who put country above party.  You lot could do with more like him.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
With McCain dies what little dignity the Republicans had left. He was one of the very few who had my respect.

RIP to a good man and a true, American hero.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Voted for him back in the day. He was a good man. Sad day for the country.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Odd coincidence:

died 9 years to the day after Ted Kennedy, of the same form of cancer . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I seriously considered voting for him, until Sarah Palin was tagged for the VP slot. DAFUQ!? Hard to say what would have transpired during his administration, had he been elected. I'm quite pleased with Obama's performance in both his terms. He had some things that I didn't like, but the 95% answer is "Great Job".
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
A sad day. A good man dies.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 25, 2018 at 11:05 pm)Fireball Wrote: I seriously considered voting for him, until Sarah Palin was tagged for the VP slot. DAFUQ!? Hard to say what would have transpired during his administration, had he been elected. I'm quite pleased with Obama's performance in both his terms. He had some things that I didn't like, but the 95% answer is "Great Job".

Yeah, the Palin thing is a detriment to his legacy, no doubt. We all have red ink in our personal ledger though. His bottom line comes up black.

Who amongst us would have stood true to our principles in the face of torture for 5 years? If you are honest with yourself, you have to proudly stand and salute the man for that - regardless of what side of the aisle you stand on. We Americans can take pride in the fact that he was one of us. The kind of strength he showed was extraordinary.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RIP Sad  John McCain was a very inspirational person to me. Very sad to hear he passed away; I think the Republicans and the USA as a whole were lucky to have his experience and strength.

I am very interested to where the Republicans go with this added to everything going on in the states right now. The winds are changing one way or another.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RIP thread Fake Messiah 1703 108945 45 minutes ago
Last Post: Belacqua
  There is no justice...... RBG RIP! Brian37 96 5331 September 29, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  RIP Luke Perry Fake Messiah 12 1644 March 8, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  RIP Keith Flint GUBU 1 500 March 4, 2019 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  RIP Stan Lee Foxaèr 1 367 November 13, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  McCain Tells Why He Gave The Steele Dossier to the FBI Minimalist 1 476 May 10, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Rosie Riveter RIP, Brian37 3 932 January 23, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  RIP Brucie Cyberman 2 1314 August 19, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  RIP Gene Gene Wilder Sterben 15 2423 August 30, 2016 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  RIP Scion c172 1 743 February 3, 2016 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless