Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RIP thread
RIP thread
Possibly Hitler's lover, Verena Lafferentz was a granddaughter of Richard Wagner. She has died at 98, the last surviving grandchild of the composer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/23/obitu...-dead.html
RE: RIP thread
(April 25, 2019 at 9:06 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Possibly Hitler's lover, Verena Lafferentz was a granddaughter of Richard Wagner. She has died at 98, the last surviving grandchild of the composer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/23/obitu...-dead.html

98 you say? She wasn't a fan of his operas then? Hang  

Sorry, sorry.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Chewbacca actor, Peter Mayhew passed away.

Here's what Harrison Ford said

Quote:Peter Mayhew was a kind and gentle man, possessed of great dignity and noble character. These aspects of his own personality, plus his wit and grace, he brought to Chewbacca. We were partners in film and friends in life for over 30 years and I loved him. He invested his soul in the character and brought great pleasure to the Star Wars audience.
Chewbacca was an important part of the success of the films we made together. He knew how important the fans of the franchise were to it's continued success and he was devoted to them. I and millions of others will never forget Peter and what he gave us all. My thoughts are with his dear wife Angie and his children. Rest easy, my dear friend....

And George Lucas
Quote:Peter was a wonderful man. He was the closest any human being could be to a Wookiee: big heart, gentle nature...and I learned to always let him win. He was a good friend and I'm saddened by his passing.
His padawan got to spend time with him, so the wisdom will carry on.
"Big heart, gentle nature. Would rip your arms off if you beat him at chess!"

Three of the original Star Wars cast have died,now. I wonder who will be next?"
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 3, 2019 at 7:18 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: "Big heart, gentle nature.  Would rip your arms off if you beat him at chess!"

Three of the original Star Wars cast have died,now.  I wonder who will be next?"

Four.  Mayhew, Fisher, Kenny Baker and Peter Cushing (and a few lesser characters).

My money's on David Prowse to go next - he's 83 and not at all well.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 3, 2019 at 8:09 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 3, 2019 at 7:18 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: "Big heart, gentle nature.  Would rip your arms off if you beat him at chess!"

Three of the original Star Wars cast have died,now.  I wonder who will be next?"

Four.  Mayhew, Fisher, Kenny Baker and Peter Cushing (and a few lesser characters).

My money's on David Prowse to go next - he's 83 and not at all well.

Boru

Forgot about Peter Cushing. And, of course, Alec Guinness.
Dying to live, living to die.
Every time I hear "Alec Guinness" I hear men whistling.
Doris Day Snuffs It At 97

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 13, 2019 at 11:02 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Doris Day Snuffs It At 97

Boru

This reminded me of a second hand music store I visited in the 90s where they had a box of vinyl records with a tag "Free records. Please take those away and unburden us" and it were just bunch of some poor anonymous musicians, but as a sore thumb among them was a record of songs sang by Doris Day with glamorous photo of her - I guess it was, what you would call, a real John Waters moment

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There is no justice...... RBG RIP! Brian37 96 5412 September 29, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  RIP Luke Perry Fake Messiah 12 1652 March 8, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  RIP Keith Flint GUBU 1 505 March 4, 2019 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  RIP Stan Lee Foxaèr 1 371 November 13, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  RIP McCain Losty 51 5534 September 4, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Rosie Riveter RIP, Brian37 3 937 January 23, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  RIP Brucie Cyberman 2 1320 August 19, 2017 at 4:30 am