Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Luke Perry
RIP Luke Perry
I guess for me he was a relic from the '90s because I only watched him in "Beverly Hills" in times when people didn't care that much about politics but spoiled white rich brats. But the show died for me when they ditched Brenda character.

Oh well what else can I say about this seemingly minor actor who is perhaps forgotten in today's world. Especially since he just made a Tarantino move and died.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: RIP Luke Perry
He sure died young. I didn't know who he was. I've heard the name, but I had no idea what shows he did. I checked to see if I ever watched him in anything. I saw a few episodes of Jeremiah. That's it.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
There are two things I will always remember him for.

The first:

The second:

Of course, there’s also the web-exclusive episode of Clone High where he played Ponce de Leon, but since that scene has him acting out why “Litter Kills: Literally”, it might be a bit too soon.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The only thing I can recall seeing him in was ‘The Fifth Element’. I liked him well enough. Sad to see anyone snuff it so young, though.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
With Milla Jovovich in those bandages and Chris Tucker in all that... that, I completely forgot he was in that.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I thought he was that guy in "Friends',who had apparently gone down hill a lot since the show ended.

He was in The Fifth Element? Was he the younger archaeologist at the beginning?

Yeah, Mia Jovovich wearing anything, or indeed, nothing, is riveting .
I knew he was in the hospital, just woke up this morning to hear of his death. I used to be into 90210.
(March 4, 2019 at 6:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The only thing I can recall seeing him in was ‘The Fifth Element’. I liked him well enough. Sad to see anyone snuff it so young, though.

Boru

All praise grappa!

(March 5, 2019 at 2:11 am)fredd bear Wrote: I thought he was that guy in "Friends',who had apparently gone down hill a lot since the show ended.

He was in The Fifth Element?  Was he the younger archaeologist at the beginning?

Yeah, Mia Jovovich  wearing anything, or indeed, nothing, is riveting  .

He was the other English speaker in the chamber at the beginning. The younger one.
Pike.  Buffy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If only he had dropped a box of matches...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RIP thread Fake Messiah 1702 108896 56 minutes ago
Last Post: polymath257
  There is no justice...... RBG RIP! Brian37 96 5330 September 29, 2020 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  RIP Keith Flint GUBU 1 500 March 4, 2019 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  RIP Stan Lee Foxaèr 1 367 November 13, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  RIP McCain Losty 51 5520 September 4, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Rosie Riveter RIP, Brian37 3 932 January 23, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  RIP Brucie Cyberman 2 1314 August 19, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry dies account_inactive 3 580 October 23, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  RIP Gene Gene Wilder Sterben 15 2423 August 30, 2016 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  RIP Scion c172 1 743 February 3, 2016 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless