Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 7:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roe v. Wade is gone.
RE: Roe v. Wade is gone.
(August 3, 2022 at 7:49 pm)TheJefe817 Wrote:   Kansans voted, apparently unexpectedly and apparently with a pretty wide margin, to *not* let the conservative legislature there take up the issue of removing abortion protections from the state constitution. 

And no one is hating the results in Kansas more than six members of SCOTUS.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
A great day in the US, when a "red" state like Kansas votes this way. I'd have to say that Kansas is a bit closer to maybe, magenta, these days. All that crazy right wing shit won't disappear soon enough to suit me, but it's going away.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(August 3, 2022 at 10:31 pm)Fireball Wrote: A great day in the US, when a "red" state like Kansas votes this way. I'd have to say that Kansas is a bit closer to maybe, magenta, these days. All that crazy right wing shit won't disappear soon enough to suit me, but it's going away.

Remember, Kansas was the setting of the Flock of Dodos.

Progress has been made!!
(August 3, 2022 at 10:00 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(August 3, 2022 at 7:49 pm)TheJefe817 Wrote:   Kansans voted, apparently unexpectedly and apparently with a pretty wide margin, to *not* let the conservative legislature there take up the issue of removing abortion protections from the state constitution. 

And no one is hating the results in Kansas more than six members of SCOTUS.

I would imagine the phrase "Oh shit!" was on full display in each of those six households prior to their family prayer time today.
[Image: Monmouth_generic_poll_Aug04.jpg]
[Image: yZ31ZGt_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(August 7, 2022 at 5:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: [Image: yZ31ZGt_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

Boru

Is it my settings or just the way you post pictures that all I can see isn’t a string of text?

(August 3, 2022 at 4:33 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(August 3, 2022 at 2:31 pm)GUBU Wrote: What do you mean?  It's a documented fact that the republitraitor party illegally disenfranchised between 10 million and 13 million US citizens in 2016 and at least 8.5 million in 2020.

This referendum is a perfect opportunity to further refine who they get to remove the vote from.

The vote in Kansas was a landslide!

Yeah, plenty of people for the party of treason to look at and invent "reasonable" excuses for ripping up their rights, such as crimes committed in 2047 or their great grand pappy running away from the plantation where massa treated him so well.

PS there've been lots of state level refrenda that the party of treason have been busy ignoring over the last few years, most notably when citizens have mandated non-partisan electoral districts. This one won't be any different.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(August 7, 2022 at 6:04 am)h4ym4n Wrote:
(August 7, 2022 at 5:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: [Image: yZ31ZGt_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

Boru

Is it my settings or just the way you post pictures that all I can see isn’t a string of text?

Might be your settings. Other posters and I seem to be able to see them.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(August 7, 2022 at 7:09 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 7, 2022 at 6:04 am)h4ym4n Wrote: Is it my settings or just the way you post pictures that all I can see isn’t a string of text?

Might be your settings. Other posters and I seem to be able to see them.

Boru

Looks fine to me!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 22142 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1652 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  HBO removes Gone with the wind. ignoramus 156 9162 June 29, 2020 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  If roe vs. Wade is overturned. CapnAwesome 58 5142 October 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Toys 'R' Us have gone Ker Plunk! ignoramus 11 1300 May 23, 2018 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The WLB Should Have Gone To The Correspondents Dinner Minimalist 0 671 April 28, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Where no wiener should have gone. brewer 49 7473 August 15, 2017 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Norma McCorvey, "Jane Roe" in Roe v. Wade abortion case, dead at 69 c172 1 1058 February 18, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  The Thrill Is Gone, BB King Dies 89 Brian37 21 3567 May 16, 2015 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Oh Arkansas, you've gone too far SteelCurtain 11 2580 February 16, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Aisha