Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 11:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
(September 29, 2022 at 8:24 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(September 29, 2022 at 6:38 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Since all I wanted done with my hair today was a trim...nothing fancy...my hair is long, all one length, and pretty straight, I went to a chain salon.  Even if they had screwed it up a bit, it wouldn't be difficult to fix.  I looked at the price and when the lady rang up the total it was less.  That's when I noticed the senior discount.  Not sure if I should be happy or sad.

My wife was pretty upset when she went to the grocery store and the bag person called her "ma'am" instead of "miss". She was married, by then. Maybe they were looking at the 17 diamonds on her wedding ring. I sold my '40 Chevy gasser dragster to pay for that! My mom couldn't believe it. I got good mileage- we've been married 41 years as of last February.

Living in SC got me used to ma'am real fast.  All the kids' friends called me either ma'am or Mrs. J.  I wasn't even 30 yet when we moved there.  It was a combination of the Sothern thing and the military thing.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 29, 2022 at 8:37 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(September 29, 2022 at 8:24 pm)Fireball Wrote: My wife was pretty upset when she went to the grocery store and the bag person called her "ma'am" instead of "miss". She was married, by then. Maybe they were looking at the 17 diamonds on her wedding ring. I sold my '40 Chevy gasser dragster to pay for that! My mom couldn't believe it. I got good mileage- we've been married 41 years as of last February.

Living in SC got me used to ma'am real fast.  All the kids' friends called me either ma'am or Mrs. J.  I wasn't even yet when we moved there.  It was a combination of the Sothern thing and the military thing.

True, the military teaches politeness. One never knows if that gal in the commissary is "Mrs. Colonel". Better get that right! Hehe
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
'Twas 13 years ago today that I got the call confirming my breast cancer diagnosis.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Deep Hurting Project-eligible films streaming October 2022 (all films Tubi-exclusive unless otherwise noted)

Comedy:
  • Adventures of Pluto Nash
  • Deck the Hall (Local Library) XMAS
  • InAPPropriate Comedy
  • Gone Fishin (Local Library)
  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure (Local Library) XMAS
  • Stupids (Local Library)
Drama:
  • Aaliyah: The Princes of R&B (YouTube)
Horror:
  • Alice in Murderland
  • Arachnicide
  • Bless the Child (HBO Max) NEXT WEEK
  • Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Hulu)
  • Carnage: The Legend of Quiltface
  • Creepozoids (Amazon Prime, Tubi)
  • Curse of Pirate Death
  • Devilman
  • I Spit on Your Grave: Deja Vu (Tubi, Pluto)
  • JAson Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (HBO Max)
  • Jurassic Shark 2: Aquapocalypse (Amazon Prime, Tubi)
  • The Ripper
  • Source (Tubi, Pluto)
Sci-Fi/Fantasy:
  • LAwnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace (Tubi, Amazon Prime)
  • They Saved Hitler's Brain (Tubi)
Youth: 
  • CarGo (Tubi, Pluto)
  • Happily N'Ever After (HBO Max) LATER THIS MONTH
  • Happily N'Ever After 2: A Bite @ The Apple  (HBO Max) LATER THIS MONTH
  • Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House (Disney+) XMAS
  • Home Sweet Home Alone (Disney+) XMAS
Documentary of Lies: The Devil and Father Amorth (Tubi)

So, the Happily N'Ever After films and Jason Goes to Hell are going to leave HBO Max at the end of the month, so they're now at the front of the line. Probably going to add They Saved Hitler's Brain and The Devil and Father Amorth.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Uh-oh, the store was out of coffee. The end really is near.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 2, 2022 at 6:46 pm)Tomato Wrote: Uh-oh, the store was out of coffee. The end really is near.

So true! I live on coffee. I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea. There was a questionnaire about dozing off at different times of day- put in 0, 1 or 2 for how much/often. Must've been 8 questions, and my total was 5 points. When the respiratory person called for a follow-up, I confessed that I drink coffee to avoid that dozing off (I realized this realized later, after I returned the monitor). My favorite question- do you doze off after lunch (without alcohol). I'd face plant if I had alcohol with lunch! Maybe 30- 40 years ago, not so much. It'll be interesting if I get more/better sleep. I had a consult with a urologist who said that the latest thinking is that getting up at night to pee is more than likely due to sleep disturbance than BPH. Apnea? I stop breathing 18 times an hour, and that's called "moderate"? It was his recommendation for the sleep study.

I used to go years without seeing a doctor. I'm up to at least once a month, and sometimes three times. I'm starting to see the headlight of the train in the tunnel...

Well. There's some random shit, right there.  Blush
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
You can often see when certain people are petering out of their attractive phase. I often think, Better find your life partner real soon.
~ Erin Hunter
Know what we need?

Vaccine Vigilantes. People shooting anti-vaxxers with vaccine darts.
~ Erin Hunter
There are Halloween horror movies and Christmas horror movies, but where are all the Thanksgiving horror movies?
~ Erin Hunter
(October 4, 2022 at 3:55 am)Tomato Wrote: There are Halloween horror movies and Christmas horror movies, but where are all the Thanksgiving horror movies?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106675/?ref_=ttls_li_i

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2285 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2074 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2379 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2280 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5780 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2119 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1190 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1240 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 873 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1192 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous