Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 18, 2024, 10:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth's recent climate spiral.
RE: Earth's recent climate spiral.
Sahara and other deserts will become green due to warmer climate.

Great video!Thumb up
As others have pointed out - if it's going to be great, then perhaps we should be paying the third world.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 31, 2023 at 8:52 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: As others have pointed out - if it's going to be great, then perhaps we should be paying the third world.

I'm not saying that it will be great just far less dangerous than climate alarmists claim.
The danger is more in how people respond than in the weather itself. Global food production will be disrupted, and there will be climate refugees. Either one alone is a very dangerous situation. The backdrop to this will be more frequent and more intense weather events. In us parlance, that means an endless caravan of hurricanes, immigrants, and crop failure.

Now, IDK what nuts you listen to, but if you're listening to one set of nuts saying it will be the end of the world and another set of nuts saying...just as a kneejerk reaction to those nuts, that everything will be honky dory and the poors should pay for it all..... I think that's about the only way that it could get worse than even the nuts claim, because that will leave us unprepared.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 31, 2023 at 9:11 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Global food production will be disrupted
CO2 is a fertilizer and plants benefit from warmer wetter climate.

Quote:the backdrop to this will be more frequent and more intense weather events.
Wikipedia says that high hurricane frequency is caused by cleaner air.

Quote:Now, IDK what nuts you listen to, but if you're listening to one set of nuts saying it will be the end of the world
In my experience almost all climate alarmists claim that it will be the end of the world.
(January 31, 2023 at 9:20 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote:
(January 31, 2023 at 9:11 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Global food production will be disrupted
CO2 is a fertilizer and plants benefit from warmer wetter climate.
Profoundly wrong.  Firstly, co2 isn't a fertilizer...but supposing that it was, most people know that too much of any given fertilizer is not, in fact, good for plants.  Further, in the standard model, food production actually depends on moderate temperatures and dry soil conditions.  Warm and wet is a recipe for mildew, mold, fungus, soil parasites, anaerobic conditions and bacteria, insects, and mechanical failures...and, all of this, is before we talk about damage to critical on and off farm infrastructure as well as standing crop and the markets in which they sell from the events that would follow a warmer and wetter climate.  50 years ago it was decided that if you couldn't irrigate it, you shouldn't grow it.  That became the rule.  50 years from now it will be decided that if you can't cover it, don't grow it.  

In the coming decades, even if we were to stall agw right where it is now, conventional ag will need to relocate while making massive investments in climate controlled growing facilities, where the leading edge of ag is right now.  This is great for small producers like me who aren't tied to huge pieces of largely unsellable real estate and who came into the sector with hydro and polypro- but it's not great for markets or the food supply.  Doesn't really matter if it's great for "plants". Kudzu is a plant.
Quote:
Quote:the backdrop to this will be more frequent and more intense weather events.
Wikipedia says that high hurricane frequency is caused by cleaner air.
Hurricanes are caused by the convection of warm moist air.  

Quote:
Quote:Now, IDK what nuts you listen to, but if you're listening to one set of nuts saying it will be the end of the world
In my experience almost all climate alarmists claim that it will be the end of the world.

They might have folks like you in mind when they say as much.  Food for thought.
actually, co2 saturation of soil kills plants because plants actually need to absorb oxygen through their roots.

higher concentration of CO2 in the air has beneficial effects for the plants, it causes the plant to grow faster and reduce plant’s water needs. but it is directly harmful to humans who presume to feed on the plants, because as a result of less stressed plant growth condition, plants sequester less nutrients and become less valuable as a source of calories and nutrients for humans who eat them.
so ultimately, many of the alledged good things global warming does for the nature world comes at the price of screwing humans over, including such troglodytes who presume to call themselves humans who haunt northern climes near the arctic circle.
(January 31, 2023 at 9:34 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(January 31, 2023 at 9:20 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote: CO2 is a fertilizer and plants benefit from warmer wetter climate.
Profoundly wrong.  Firstly, co2 isn't a fertilizer...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CO2_fertilization_effect

Quote:Further, in the standard model, food production actually depends on moderate temperatures and dry soil conditions.  Warm and wet is a recipe for mildew, mold, fungus, soil parasites, anaerobic conditions and bacteria, insects, and mechanical failures...
Indian farmers seem to be doing fine in very wet climate

Quote:Hurricanes are caused by the convection of warm moist air.  
Hurricane frequency will be lower due to warmer climate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_c...ate_change

Quote:They might have folks like you in mind when they say as much.  Food for thought.
Yeah, climate alarmists are pathological liars.
1. Too much CO2 hurts plants
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...for-plants

https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2020/...-it-helps/

2. A Youtube video isn't an argument and India is struggling with climate change as much as everyone 
https://www.dw.com/en/india-climate-chan...a-58822174

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2022/9...-rice-crop

https://www.preventionweb.net/news/clima...dian-crops

https://theconversation.com/climate-chan...ies-118897

3. From your own source 
Quote:Research conducted by Murakami et al. following the 2015 hurricane season in the eastern and central Pacific Ocean where a record number of tropical cyclones and three simultaneous category 4 hurricanes occurred, concludes that greenhouse gas forcing enhances subtropical Pacific warming which they project will increase the frequency of extremely active tropical cyclones in this area.
Also 
Quote:Moreover, according to Knutson, most models show that climate change brings a slight increase in hurricane wind intensity. This change is likely related to warming ocean temperatures and more moisture in the air, both of which fuel hurricanes. While most models show either no change or a decrease in hurricane frequency in a warmer climate, a greater proportion of the storms that form will reach very intense (Category 4 or 5) levels. In other words, while there may be fewer storms, the ones that form have a greater chance of becoming stronger
https://climate.nasa.gov/news/3184/a-for...%20levels.

https://www.reuters.com/business/environ...022-09-20/

https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/weather-climate

4. It isn't us who are lying, buddy and there are no climate alarmists just people living in reality while you engage in 

[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg]
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth' Recent CLimate Spiral 2.0 Leonardo17 105 9446 November 5, 2023 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Leonardo17
  I am so sick of climate change deniers. Brian37 34 3927 November 23, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Can we recover from human caused climate change? Aroura 27 7865 November 23, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Geocentric Earth Haipule 174 31608 September 1, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Climate Change and ecological collapse ph445 42 10487 August 3, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Various ways of fighting climate change dyresand 15 3920 April 1, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  When religion is at odds with climate change research Aegon 24 3474 December 28, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Earth-Like Planet around Proxima? Alex K 30 5133 August 14, 2016 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Climate change Won2blv 56 12725 May 17, 2015 at 3:27 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Climate change skeptic turned proponent Surgenator 26 7449 February 19, 2015 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Surgenator