Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 7:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
(February 22, 2023 at 6:04 am)Tomato Wrote: My username. My username.

I'm confused. Which one of the ~10 should we consider?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 22, 2023 at 5:42 am)Tomato Wrote: If the shortened version of the name is spelled Mike, the longer version should be spelled Mikael.

Or if you want to spell it Michael, the shorter version should be Mich.

Just saying.

If I called my husband Mich he wouldn't know I was talking to him.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Crazy damn puppy...she was just at the far end of the couch and was shaking the little blanket around and did a backflip over the arm of the couch onto the floor. Then she walked around to the front of the couch and barked at me....like I did it. Cripes.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

So, I regularly check the NME's newsfeed for potential article material.

This article made me click, but not necessarily for the reasons they intended.
Watch Cookie Monster eat Lizzo’s flute on ‘Sesame Street’

And this is the image they decided to use to accompany it:

[Image: lizzo-cookie-monster-2000x1270-1-696x442.jpg]

And, no, Grover isn't even in the sketch. I know that Sesame Street never really caught on in the UK, but seriously? All I had to do was type in "Cookie Monster" and immediately fond five good photos of Cookie. I even got the same results when using my VPN and changing my location to the Docklands.

I even found the stock Alamy photo they used and cited, and it still said it was Grover, not Cookie Monster.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The manifestation of reality is shown to be a failed concept due to the fact that we rarely get what we want.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The iPhone debuted in 2007. That means that most of the people who made the first iPhones are now adults.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
In hindsight, we can see how stupid we've been. Imagine the damage done to the time-space continuum if we all had the ability to fix those past mistakes.
~ Erin Hunter
Why were parents of the past always threatening their kids with military school? What a weird fad.
~ Erin Hunter
(February 23, 2023 at 10:41 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: So, I regularly check the NME's newsfeed for potential article material.

This article made me click, but not necessarily for the reasons they intended.
Watch Cookie Monster eat Lizzo’s flute on ‘Sesame Street’

And this is the image they decided to use to accompany it:

[Image: lizzo-cookie-monster-2000x1270-1-696x442.jpg]

And, no, Grover isn't even in the sketch. I know that Sesame Street never really caught on in the UK, but seriously? All I had to do was type in "Cookie Monster" and immediately fond five good photos of Cookie. I even got the same results when using my VPN and changing my location to the Docklands.

I even found the stock Alamy photo they used and cited, and it still said it was Grover, not Cookie Monster.

I'm my experience it did take off in the UK, me and my sister grew up on it in the 80's and 90's. I'm not quite sure how old we were when we watched it... I think we were too old for the learning/alphabet stuff etc, but not too old for the puppets. We loved it.
A lot of parents don't/didn't like to set boundaries on their children, with the expected results. Military schools helped teach the kids boundaries. I taught at a private school for a couple of years; a lot of the kids were entertainment industry brats. The parents expected the teachers to teach the kids discipline. But if they won't/won't do it at home, it's kind of a pointless expectation.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2756 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2336 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2696 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2533 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 6568 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2387 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1342 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1395 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 990 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1241 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous