Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 9:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
Bloody Hell

Quote:A man with a mysterious past flees the country to escape his own personal hell - only to arrive somewhere much, much worse.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Parallel

Quote:A group of friends stumble upon a mirror that serves as a portal to a "multiverse", but soon discover that importing knowledge from the other side in order to better their lives brings increasingly dangerous consequences.
~ Erin Hunter
Await the Dawn

Quote:A troubled family traveling cross country are highjacked by a desperate man. Only to discover he's running from something more dangerous than he is.
~ Erin Hunter
The Hitcher. Sean Bean being psychotic.  

Any movie Sean Bean dies in is a good one.

But does he? Huh
Catherine Called Birdy

Quote:A 14 year old girl in medieval England navigates through life and avoiding potential suitors her father has in mind.
~ Erin Hunter
Cyrano

Quote:Too self-conscious to woo Roxanne himself, wordsmith Cyrano de Bergerac helps young Christian nab her heart through love letters.
~ Erin Hunter
This week in the Deep  Hurting Project: Arachnicide. It's an Italian movie dubbed into English about, well, exactly what you'd expect from the title.
  • Okay, I expected a giant spider movie, but instead, we devote the first two minutes to a Sweded version of Gravity for some reason.
  • Is that seriously the quality of ADR we're dealing with? I've seen a lot of Italian movies dubbed into English, but they usually get someone who's at least passable to voice the actors. Or did Italy just forget how to dub once the market for Spaghetti Westerns dried up?
  • Um, why the fuck are we getting a lecture on the history of agriculture?
  • So, apparently Monsanto's made The Food of the Gods?
  • Is this like one of those North Korean Sitcoms where they just spout out propaganda and put on a laugh track after certain lines, even if the line in question isn't even funny?
  • Every scene in this movie looks like a cut-scene from a second rate Call of Duty knockoff, but it's still live-action.
  • Nice to know that they took until half of the movie before they actually set up the giant spiders we were promised.
  • So, the Cartel's plan to take out the commando team is by getting them eaten by giant spiders? They couldn't just bomb them? 
  • They're only just now noticing that the spider webs are fucking massive? And that slugs made them?
  • So the Monsanto calc made the spiders more truthful? Or are you trying to turn "voracious" into a noun and not settling on "Voraciousness?"
  • So, that's literally all that needed to happen to kill these giant spiders? Wait for them to die of old age? Seriously? 
  • I can only assume that these are the military spiders that coccooned the Aqua Teens in the Mojave Desert for those few episodes.
Next week, Alice in Murderland. And, after that, I guess I'll find some other way to regroup.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
[Image: A_Beautiful_Planet_poster.jpg]

Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
"The Meg", with Stratham. Big fishy-wishy doesn't play well with others.

Cast gets an extra tour in Purgatory for this one.
'Relative Strangers'. A regrettable waste of premise and talent (Danny DeVito, Kathy Bates).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 583 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3864 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 852 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 620 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 495 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 530 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1744 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2338 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1737 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1826 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer