Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 25, 2024, 2:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two things I want to talk about, politics wise
RE: Two things I want to talk about, politics wise
(September 22, 2023 at 1:26 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
(September 22, 2023 at 1:24 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Damn, I thought we worked through all that.

Blush

We did. <3

Cuddle
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

But…on the subject of Hispanics becoming the majority in the US, or any non-white race for that matter, that would take a long time, a very long time. Or it may not happen, or will never happen as someone on this topic said. It probably will never happen if especially, but not limited to the possibility of us humans destroying ourselves ends up happening first.

Personally, I think that could happen.
Hey, @ShinyCrystals, check this article out:

Quote:The nation’s racial and ethnic minority groups—especially Hispanics—are growing more rapidly than the non-Hispanic white population, fueled by both immigration and births. This trend has been taking place for decades, and one result is the Census Bureau’s announcement today that non-Hispanic whites now account for a minority of births in the U.S. for the first time.

The bureau reported that minorities—defined as anyone who is not a single-race non-Hispanic white—made up 50.4% of the nation’s population younger than age 1 on July 1, 2011. Members of minority groups account for 49.7% of children younger than age 5, the bureau said, and for 36.6% of the total population. The findings are included in the bureau’s first set of national population estimates since the 2010 Census, when 49.5% of babies under age 1 were minorities.

[...]

The long-term result of these changes among younger age groups is that non-Hispanic whites are projected to become a minority of the population (47%) by 2050, according to Pew Research Center population projections.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trend...te-births/

(September 22, 2023 at 2:26 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Hey, @ShinyCrystals, check this article out:

Quote:The nation’s racial and ethnic minority groups—especially Hispanics—are growing more rapidly than the non-Hispanic white population, fueled by both immigration and births. This trend has been taking place for decades, and one result is the Census Bureau’s announcement today that non-Hispanic whites now account for a minority of births in the U.S. for the first time.

The bureau reported that minorities—defined as anyone who is not a single-race non-Hispanic white—made up 50.4% of the nation’s population younger than age 1 on July 1, 2011. Members of minority groups account for 49.7% of children younger than age 5, the bureau said, and for 36.6% of the total population. The findings are included in the bureau’s first set of national population estimates since the 2010 Census, when 49.5% of babies under age 1 were minorities.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trend...te-births/

Oh, that is interesting.

Still don’t think a change in the majority will happen for a good, long while, but thanks for sharing this.
Oh noeees, single race non hispanic whites will only be 47% of the pop by 2050....leaving the other 53% to carve up between literally everyone else, including those single race non hispanic whites own increasingly mixed children (which is what drives those numbers, not immigration). Supposedly, this will make them a "minority". Sort of like how, if you only own 47% of a company, and the rest of it is split between a dozen other other people.... you're the minority shareholder?

Framing.

Ill give you the short version of a long story. Whites can't be replaced in the us because the people replacing them....are white. Anyone who can be white in the us, is white. Whole fucking lot of hispanic whites. A similar thing happens (at least in the us, we're a unicorn in this) with immigration. The complaint/fear/excuse is that they'll come here, take something from us, and not conform to our culture and language...but that's not what happens. Not with whiteness, and not with our national identity. This has been going on for some time, it's why both things are shaped the way they are in the first place - and why neither of them - today- reflects what previous generations considered either thing.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
'Pure' white is fading, if it's even existed in a while. More and more bi- and multi-racial families are coming along every day. Perhaps the Hispanic population won't become the majority but the white folk are becoming less white. That's where the change is going to be first. The blended race will take the lead if it hasn't already. Depends on how you count it really. Some people are going to say you aren't white if you have a tiny fraction of any other race in your family tree. Funny thing is that the real bigots would probably find some color in their genetics if they bothered to look.

I'm in Texas...I process payroll for a company has a large Hispanic workforce as well as a white English girl married to a Hispanic. Our token guy is gay and we used to have a lesbian but she went off to fire dance and spread positivity through motivational speaking.

The melting pot is finally blending together.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Yeah, they don't sequence you for the census, the numbers might look a little different if they did, lol. Not that they'd be any more accurate, because neither genes nor census data can tell us about The White Race. It's a cultural fiction. A compound identity formed by a ton of groups that at one time or another were excluded. More fun with framing.

I wonder what percentage of the pop is single race non hispanic non irish non polish non italian white? Now that...I bet, could approach an actual minority.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 22, 2023 at 1:30 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: But…on the subject of Hispanics becoming the majority in the US, or any non-white race for that matter, that would take a long time, a very long time. Or it may not happen, or will never happen as someone on this topic said. It probably will never happen if especially, but not limited to the possibility of us humans destroying ourselves ends up happening first.

Personally, I think that could happen.

The Census Bureau thinks whites will no longer be a majority in the US by 2045.

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Censu...5-1144.pdf
*for novel understandings of a majority and whiteness in multiracial cultures.
All of the despicable, smelly, rotten, worthless hoomans can bet broken down into 2 categories.

Cool ones, and asshats.

Regardless of which patch of earth you call home, the melanin content of your skin, the amount of money you possess, what sex you are, what sex you are attracted to, what language you speak, or any other nonsense hoomans use to divide themselves, if you are a scumbag, you are a scumbag.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 10075 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 378 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1249 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 1076 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 668 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1798 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1922 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  Do you REALLY want things to change? onlinebiker 16 1915 September 19, 2020 at 4:45 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 1773 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 499 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama