Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 3:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
Husband came in with the mail and said that Chewy .com must have made a mistake. There was a card addressed to me and the envelope said "Happy Birthday" on it. My birthday is in June. It is for Quinn - who is 6 today - and Harley will be a year old on Thursday. Though I don't use them as much as I used to, it's kind of nice that they make the effort to send cards for birthdays and Christmas. I don't care that it's automated...it's still a level of customer service that is fast disappearing.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

The chief trouble with Trump isn’t that he’s a compulsive liar (he is), but that his followers are compulsive believers.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(October 14, 2023 at 11:30 am)Foxaèr Wrote: I had three of those Amber books when I was growing up, but I do not recall if I ever read them.

Zelazny was a lovely world builder. I bought Nine Princes in Amber at bookstore in Callao, Peru, and had it read by the time we got to Buenos Aires. The ending pissed me off no end, but in a good way. "MORE! YES!" He died in 1995, leaving me with many happy moments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Zela...bliography
(October 14, 2023 at 7:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Husband came in with the mail and said that Chewy .com must have made a mistake.  There was a card addressed to me and the envelope said "Happy Birthday" on it.  My birthday is in June.  It is for Quinn - who is 6 today  - and Harley will be a year old on Thursday.  Though I don't use them as much as I used to, it's kind of nice that they make the effort to send cards for birthdays and Christmas.  I don't care that it's automated...it's still a level of customer service that is fast disappearing.

We have the dog's kibble on auto refill.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
NB: Zelazny and John Varley are quite similar. Varley's "Thunder and Lightning" quadrilogy and his "TITAN/WIZARD/DEMON" trilogy are among my favorites.
(October 14, 2023 at 8:28 pm)brewer Wrote:
(October 14, 2023 at 7:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Husband came in with the mail and said that Chewy .com must have made a mistake.  There was a card addressed to me and the envelope said "Happy Birthday" on it.  My birthday is in June.  It is for Quinn - who is 6 today  - and Harley will be a year old on Thursday.  Though I don't use them as much as I used to, it's kind of nice that they make the effort to send cards for birthdays and Christmas.  I don't care that it's automated...it's still a level of customer service that is fast disappearing.

We have the dog's kibble on auto refill.

I had a couple things on auto refill but have found that I can actually save money using Amazon now for the kibble and going to Tractor Supply for the other item...the savings there is about 66% and very worth it.  I need to remember to price check the kibble there.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 14, 2023 at 8:44 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 14, 2023 at 8:28 pm)brewer Wrote: We have the dog's kibble on auto refill.

I had a couple things on auto refill but have found that I can actually save money using Amazon now for the kibble and going to Tractor Supply for the other item...the savings there is about 66% and very worth it.  I need to remember to price check the kibble there.

"kibble" is a funny word, I think.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(October 14, 2023 at 8:44 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 14, 2023 at 8:28 pm)brewer Wrote: We have the dog's kibble on auto refill.

Tractor Supply? You have the dogs pulling the lawnmower? Big Grin
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 14, 2023 at 9:05 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(October 14, 2023 at 8:44 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I had a couple things on auto refill but have found that I can actually save money using Amazon now for the kibble and going to Tractor Supply for the other item...the savings there is about 66% and very worth it.  I need to remember to price check the kibble there.

Tractor Supply? You have the dogs pulling the lawnmower? Big Grin

LOL - I hadn't been in there in years and years.  Someone suggested looking there for pet supplies and it turns out that at least 1/3 of the store is pet supplies.  And it's about 2 miles from my house so easy to add a stop when running errands.

(And anyway, Quinn would faint.  Loud noises make him woozy.  Ziggy would just lay down and Harley would zoom around in figure 8s.)

So far, working at this new facility is so much less hectic than the other place.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2283 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2073 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2379 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2278 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5780 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2119 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1190 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1240 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 873 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1192 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous