Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 8:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good exists - a Catholic comments
RE: Good exists - a Catholic comments
(October 29, 2023 at 7:54 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(October 29, 2023 at 6:31 am)h4ym4n Wrote: Can I make a choice god didn’t want me to make?

Actually no, you can't, because God doesn't care what you "choose" to do.
Also God (Deuteronomy 30:19): I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live
(October 29, 2023 at 11:26 am)Foxaèr Wrote:
(October 29, 2023 at 11:18 am)Ahriman Wrote: And? A giraffe doesn't "just happen", the giraffe atoms didn't just randomly coalesce into the form of a giraffe out of nowhere for no goddamn reason at all.

[Image: b8c49681c937b45e1463b216bb034908.jpg]

I'm sure God has better things to do than entertain some stupid human's misguided notion of "evidence" for the sake of demonstrating His power.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(October 29, 2023 at 11:18 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(October 29, 2023 at 11:12 am)LinuxGal Wrote: Actually, the decay of Carbon 14 to Nitrogen 14 "just happens".

And? A giraffe doesn't "just happen", the giraffe atoms didn't just randomly coalesce into the form of a giraffe out of nowhere for no goddamn reason at all.

So it’s a lucky thing that not a single biologist on Earth makes that claim. Moron.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(October 29, 2023 at 11:39 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(October 29, 2023 at 11:26 am)Foxaèr Wrote: [Image: b8c49681c937b45e1463b216bb034908.jpg]

I'm sure God has better things to do than entertain some stupid human's misguided notion of "evidence" for the sake of demonstrating His power.

According to the book, he seems to have nothing better to do.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(October 29, 2023 at 11:39 am)Ahriman Wrote: I'm sure God has better things to do than entertain some stupid human's misguided notion of "evidence" for the sake of demonstrating His power.

The Aints and the Colts are playing today and there's some touchdowns that God needs to make happen.
(October 29, 2023 at 11:39 am)Ahriman Wrote: I'm sure God has better things to do than entertain some stupid human's misguided notion of "evidence" for the sake of demonstrating His power.

AKA, he does not exist. Wink
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Maybe giraffes could just pop into existence for no reason at all, if there were creator gods.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's a common claim that things can't pop into existence, but I've yet to see anyone offer evidence that this is true.

Ahriman, what's your evidence that giraffes can't pop into existence; not that they don't, but can't.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 29, 2023 at 11:54 am)Angrboda Wrote: It's a common claim that things can't pop into existence, but I've yet to see anyone offer evidence that this is true.

Ahriman, what's your evidence that giraffes can't pop into existence; not that they don't, but can't.

It's never happened. So I don't think it can.

Side note.....do people in real life ever say you are very emotional?
"Imagination, life is your creation"
Well, if you say it's never happened, then I guess no god has ever managed it either.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 396 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4193 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1748 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1461 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 891 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2660 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2327 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 697 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2249 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Far right Catholic group worried about being banned. Jehanne 14 2097 August 24, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire