Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Far right Catholic group worried about being banned.
Far right Catholic group worried about being banned.
Quote:For a while now, social media giants (and tech giants in general) have been flexing their progressivist digital muscles by limiting access to “conservative” content on their platforms. (I use the power quotes because much of what passes for conservative conserves nothing worthwhile; it’s a fluid term.) Whether it’s Twitter “shadow banning” Trump supporters, or Facebook suddenly enforcing their “community standards” in a very lopsided way against an anti-LGBTQlmnop activist, this discrimination has been going on for years now.

In Case We’re Banned from Social Media…

As Facebook is a private organization, why should they tolerate Christian hate groups?
RE: Far right Catholic group worried about being banned.
On the other side of the spectrum, I hear about Youtube screwing over independent news channels. So maybe not quite as lopsided as they think.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

They could always take their content to conservative social media..but they wont, because it sucks, and doesn't give them access to the rest of us.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If they're violating the terms of service, they chose to do that, or chose not to familiarize themselves with them. If they haven't violated the terms of service, they should not be banned.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I don't think that anyone is paying much attention to them.  Last time I checked their YouTube channel, their videos were getting single-digit views.  It is both amusing and interesting, though, that a religious group that hardly anyone is paying to is worried about getting banned from Facebook!
It is quite easy to ignore and avoid undesirable content.
Oh no! A corporate entities are marginalizing the religious right!

What a conundrum! It forces these guys to choose between their two favorite gods: hate and capitalism.

WWJD?
(August 23, 2018 at 8:50 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Oh no! A corporate entities are marginalizing the religious right!

What a conundrum! It forces these guys to choose between their two favorite gods: hate and capitalism.

WWJD?

Who Wants Jelly Donuts? Not I.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Wait.  There's a Pervert Priest Channel?
(August 23, 2018 at 9:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Wait.  There's a Pervert Priest Channel?

There’s probably a dating site that has altar boys...
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 32579 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 354 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Twelve religious group members arrested over Australian girl's death zebo-the-fat 2 690 July 6, 2022 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 3878 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1386 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1340 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 774 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How far reaching are God's powers? Fake Messiah 332 17189 November 25, 2020 at 3:14 pm
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6384 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2522 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama