Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 6:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Absurd GOP
RE: The Absurd GOP
Yes, the America they govern, is nazi the Amerikkka they want.
Quote:Conservative hardliners once celebrated Mitch McConnell for wrestling the federal judiciary to the right and thwarting progressive hopes.

Now he is under open attack from the right for even trying to work with Democrats on the border.

The Senate GOP leader is facing internal resistance not seen in more than a year as Republicans descend into discord over two issues they once demanded be linked: border security and the war in Ukraine.

Politico

Such a Goofy Ole Party.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Slick Willy stole the economy, and now Sleepy Joe took the border. I feel like anyone with two brain cells to rub together could have seen that coming. It was never prudent to pick a border fight with Obamas VP. Meanwhile, the maga wing has been busy trying to impeach hunters dick and the rnc is broke. The play appears to be to up the antidemocratic policy and rhetoric to eleventy - but I think that they've misread their home demographic. White grievance isn't interested in a do-nothing anti-government. They think the government should be doing more for them, and less for others. That's the whole point of taking it back.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The clown car caucus strikes again.
(February 7, 2024 at 11:57 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Slick Willy stole the economy, and now Sleepy Joe took the border.  I feel like anyone with two brain cells to rub together could have seen that coming.  It was never prudent to pick a border fight with Obamas VP.  Meanwhile, the maga wing has been busy trying to impeach hunters dick and the rnc is broke.  The play appears to be to up the antidemocratic policy and rhetoric to eleventy - but I think that they've misread their home demographic.  White grievance isn't interested in a do-nothing anti-government.  They think the government should be doing more for them, and less for others.  That's the whole point of taking it back.

To wit:

Quote:A new survey found that a majority of Republicans say it is fine for former President Trump to be a dictator for the day if he wins the presidential election.

The survey from the University of Massachusetts Amherst and YouGov found that 74 percent of Republican voters said it would be a good idea if Trump follows through on his remarks in which he said he would be a dictator only on the first day of his second term. Twenty-six percent of Republicans say it would be a bad thing.

Thirty-six percent of independent voters said it would be good, while 65 percent said it would be a bad idea.

Democrats were much more opposed. Only 13 percent of Democratic respondents said it would be a good idea for the country if Trump fulfilled his vow to be dictator for a day, while 87 percent said it would be a bad idea.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/44...for-a-day/

It's a shame we can't outlaw a political party for being antidemocratic.

^But it would only be for a day, right? Then he’d simply give up his dictatorial powers like so many, many dictators have done before.

Pull the other one, it’s got bells on.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
That 13% of dems is what ya gotta worry about.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
^ Right? What the actual fuck is anyone doing, saying he can commit crimes, penalty free?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(February 7, 2024 at 7:01 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: That 13% of dems is what ya gotta worry about.

Biden can afford to lose 13% of Democrats better than Trump can afford to lose 65% of independents.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
[Image: MAdkmen.jpg]
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 47 4849 April 30, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1360 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 12190 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1910 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 2112 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1305 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 3031 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  GOP Jesus Minimalist 1 632 November 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 3532 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1379 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist