Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 3:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
Tell Me A Creepy Story

Quote:Collection of horror stories features some bone-chilling tales dealing with serial murderers, home invasions, insatiable hunger, and more.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The Electrical Life of Louis Wain

Quote:English artist Louis Wain rises to prominence at the end of the 19th century for his surreal cat paintings that seemed to reflect his declining sanity.
~ Erin Hunter
Prime ads have been showing the trailer for Someone Like You.

Sorry, Brian the IVth of the Sodding Boru's, but I'm not watching that nonsense.
~ Erin Hunter
I recently discovered that some Deep Hurting Project-level films that I haven't covered yet are back on streaming. So, the Deep Hurting Project is back, even if it's only for a few weeks. The first one I'm going to watch for this particular fit is Can't Stop the Music, a biopic and origin story for the Village People. And it's only available in Canada, so, as far as Tubi's concerned, I'm currently in Toronto.
  • This record store's just named "Sheet Music?"
  • Gee, I wonder if that construction worker's going to come back... in this movie about the origins of the Village People.
  • San... Cisco... Fran? Well, someone fucked that up.

• You know, for a movie about gay icons, there's a lot of focus on beautiful woman who seem to not be wearing bras. In absolute fairness, only the cowboy and the Native were actually gay IRL, but still.
  • Goddam, they could afford to just have some Marilyn Monroe, Jean Harlow, and Betty Grable impersonators in the window.
  • New York is the city of music? What about Nashville? Or Manchester?
  • So, they just have this Puerto Rican guy hanging around in a Native American war bonnet? Well, technically, since the guy's Puerto Rican, I can't use the typical "Stupid Fucking White Man" clip, but it's still fucking cringe because he's not actually a real Indian.
  • Handling a root canal is actually pretty easy. Just ask for nitrous during the surgery, and have either Love's Forever Changes
  • Why is everybody just having these electrical glitches like Dr. Manhattan's trying to achieve a physical form?
  • Shouldn't a demo sound like a real record? That depends, are you Pete Townshend? Or are you a record label that decides that just releasing a demo's easier than releasing a fully polished track?
  • You know, the funny thing is that, even when they're comparing their plan to one of those old Judy Garland/Mickey Rooney musicals, and the construction worker's talking about how he likes them, IRL, he was the exact opposite, saying:
    Quote:When I first read the script, I threw it across the room. I though it was a piece of crap. It read like one of those stupid old Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney pictures. We didn't believe in the movie, but no one would listen to us! You can only go on for so long being a joke.
  • The construction worker's singing a song that's mostly just the lyrics "I love you to death" while surrounded with scantily-clad women in red. I'm starting to think that this movie's really squeamish about associating themselves with LGBT culture.
  • Also, Caitlyn Jenner's in this movie, back from when she was still pretending to be a Dude. Fortunately, despite earlier reports, she does not play herself, but a lawyer named Ron White. Thanks for making me an easy out of having to deadname her. So, if you see me name-drop Redneck comedians, that's why.
  • What the fuck was Granny's plan? Pretend to get hit by a bike, force a cake onto some guy at gunpoint, and then ride away on the bike that ran you over?
  • The indignities the Native Americans suffered in Roots? That's black people, not Indians!
  • How many fucking headdresses does Felipe have? And why is Jeff Foxworthy here the only guy who thinks that his habit is weird?
  • Yes, it's a terrible day when America's top model gives it all up. Especially when there won't be a competition for the next top model until 2003.
  • Huh. They just had everything they needed ready. They already knew how to do the song, and they even had a backing track ready. They even found a way to way to isolate themselves from all the ambient noise around New York Ci- Who the fuck am I kidding? This is obviously on a set.
  • ... This guy's a talented composer... And yet Arthur Russell languished in obscurity for decades, only to achieve fame after his death.

• Huh, Bill Engvall has two personalities. Presumably one's male and the other's female?
  • And now we've got a random GI, and a leatherman. I wonder if they're going to
  • Why is Alice Cooper eating the phone cord?
  • Well, that's what I expect from a big disco musical: a straight performance of "Danny Boy." 
  • Huh. It took them 75 minutes to do a song I recognise. 
  • ... I think I saw some cock in this PG movie. 
  • You know, cock aside, the version in this movie would probably make a better music video for "YMCA" than the actual music video they made for the song. At least we actually get to see inside the Y.

• Hmm. "Liberation" sounds pretty based. I wonder if this is just supposed to be about gay rights without actually mentioning gayness.
  • You like some sangria? Put a little acid in it and I'm sold!
  • $20 bucks a head for 2,000 people, plus what you make at the bar? That sounds more like revenue than profit.
  • Milk commercial intro. So generic that they don't have a brand name for th-- Are those kid versions of the Village People? 
  • If that won't sell milk,nothing will. I mean, could you imagine a huge hit milk commercial that hinges on knowing early American history or something like that?
g

And the other two movies in this particular fit:
  1. Adventures of Pluto Nash
  2. Megamind vs the Doom Syndicate
I'm inclined towards covering the latter first.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Starman (1984), Jeff Bridges, Karen Allen. I’d forgotten how good it is.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Teen Witch

Quote:High school misfit Louise, at a loss for romance, discovers magical abilities, but the teenage witch finds that she cannot conjure herself true love, so what?

There are few films I'll rewatch, but this is my favorite 80s movie.
~ Erin Hunter
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
There is a character who has something that Brian37 would also value as the greatest treasure in his life and wear it around his neck.

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
This week in the Deep Hurting Project, Megamind vs. The Doom Syndicate. I didn't watch this movie until about a week ago, but I thought it was alright. 14 years later, they released a sequel with all the cast replaced. How well did it do? Well, they released it direct to streaming just before Kung Fu Panda 4. Also, apparently, they somehow decided to not release the original movie to streaming. So, unless you either had the original DVD or figured out how and where to use a VPN, all you had was the sequel.

• It's the first few seconds and I can already tell that everything's wrong with Megamind. He sounds closer to Tom Kenny than Will Ferrell, and even his assets look different. 
  • My God! That's Des Essenties' koi fish!
  • Minion's created a cease and desist order against Minion in the span of a few days?
  • That line about constants made me check if there was anybody from the original involved. Fortunately, the two writers who wrote the original returned to write the sequel.
  • So, the youth were born tech-savvy? I guess they were willing to gamble that whatever kids were willing to sit through this and enjoy this movie enough to want to see the original could figure out how to set your VPN to Canada, go onto Paramount Plus, and then watch it.
  • Apparently, Lady Doppler knows how to touch burning rock without feeling anything.
  • So, apparently you can tie someone up with darkness.
  • And why did they take "Knighty Knight" from Willy's Wonderland.
  • Or you could have just turned location services on for her phone without
  • How the fuck is someone who's able to take over the  world unable to figure out that you need to plug in toasters?
  • So, Megamind spent some time in prison in the original. Why is this the first time we're hearing of Megamind having a Doom Syndicate.
  • Is Megamind getting the key to the city the first they've heard of him in a long time? How did they not notice when he saved the city from TitanTighten a couple days ago? And how did they not get involved when he was just going on a crime spree unmolested?
  • They'll pound you into a blue pulp... At least if you didn't use that Dehydration gun. 
  • Since when were you ever part of the Doom Syndicate? Good question.
  • And he went to Villain School? Didn't he go to the same school as Metro Man?
  • She keeps fucking mentioning that this plan could EASILY have been finished.
  • And to think that now, Megamind's cover is just one livestream away from being blown.
  • I get the feeling the Mayor is related to this girl:

• And why the fuck is he waiting to use the dehydration gun on the bandits? And why didn't he use it on the Doom Syndicate?
  • "Me is one of my favourite things in the world!"
  • You need a way to take them all out at once? How long does it take the dehydration gun to  dehydrate people? So, I guess that the shark takes more time to dehydrate than the bandit, so I guess you can just.
  • You've been breaking your brain for a plan? 

• So, what the fuck can Chum do that his dehydration gun can't? 
  • I can't tell whether or not storing donuts on a spool is practical or not.
  • So, he figured out how to use the Porta-Prison. The same one that didn't work in the beginning. And how long can BrainBot 227 maintain that-- well, that was short.
  • So, Knighty Knight can be harmed with a fucking flashlight? And I thought Metro Man having faking a weakness to copper was stupid!
  • Well, at least that baseball bat is wooden and not metal.
  • You're the only one you can save the city? You took a blindingly obvious way out and didn't bother using it.
  • They're still doing goth jokes? Even by the original, they were switching to using emo kids as a punching bag.
  • Nice to see them stop this movie with an ad for a fictional store.
  • That's a macaw, not a parakeet.
  • And they're fucking defeating the bad guys with tennis balls, and making decent headway.
  • Why does that traffic light have two yellows and greens right next to one another?
  • Why is BrainBot a parrot now?
  • And why does Metro City look like it's something out of Skibidi Toilet?
  • So, here's how the Doom Squad gets dispatched. Mr. Mime gets covered in cement, Lady Doppler gets electrocuted, Behemoth gets run over by a truck, and Knighty Knight gets destroyed by a flash bomb. SOmehow, they're alive enough to go back to Prison.
  • Also, some Evil Con Carne motherfucker called Machiavillain taught Megamind everything he knows. And not his prison mates. Whatever.
Next week, the  last one until we go back into dormancy: The Adventures of Pluto Nash
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Chocolat. A woman opens a chocolate shop in a small town to the delight of local citizens, only for it to turn out that she's been feeding them her turds dipped in sugar.

[Image: lCA2ITco_o.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I caught Civil War over the weekend. Pretty riveting story of war journalism, never clear what would prompt Texas and California to secede together.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 591 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 4057 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 889 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 647 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 520 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 558 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1799 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2384 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1796 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1882 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer