Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 18, 2024, 7:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Quote:Disney is trying to have a widower's wrongful death lawsuit dismissed and sent to arbitration because the man had signed up for a Disney+ account several years ago.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dis...rcna166594
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 16, 2024 at 4:44 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
Quote:Disney is trying to have a widower's wrongful death lawsuit dismissed and sent to arbitration because the man had signed up for a Disney+ account several years ago.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dis...rcna166594

What's noteworthiest about this is that the man is only trying to sue for $50 000. Seems a small enough amount that Disney would just write the check and make this go away.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
It's a test bubble meant to determine just how far disneys legal fiefdom extends. 50k is a steal for that service. Should disney knowingly hire a drunk and intentionally defer maintenance on a cruise ship to cut costs that goes down with all souls, provided they all hit "I accept" on their suite tv as the ship departs......
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Pogroms continue in the West Bank as well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c623zkwd04qo
(August 16, 2024 at 4:09 am)Belacqua Wrote: Has everybody been keeping up with the gang rape news out of Israel? I'm not sure if the media where you are are covering this.

So a few days after the US Congress gave Netanyahu 58 standing ovations, military police in Israel went to arrest nine prison guards who had gang raped two Palestinian prisoners. There have been lots of reports of rape in Israeli prisons over the years, but apparently this time there was video.

Soon after the guards were arrested, angry Israeli mobs overran two military installations, demanding their release. There was a debate in the Knesset over whether gang rape is OK or not, and several high-ranking politicians argued that it's a good thing to gang rape Palestinians. A well-known news commentator went on TV to argue that gang raping prisoners is self-defense. The guards were released without punishment. The rape victims died of their wounds.

A few days after the debate in the Knesset, the US promised Israel another $3,000,000,000 worth of weapons. Two days ago, they promised another $20,000,000,000 worth. Although much of this figure includes war planes which won't be delivered for a while.

Meanwhile of course the genocide continues. The same day that the war planes were promised, Israel dropped bombs on a school being used as a refugee camp, killing close to 100 people.

Both Harris and Trump promise to continue this.

Us politicians: Oh no, we're outraged by all these blatant violations of the lives of palestinians
also US politicians: gimme all the mooneys for these guns and ammo, please!
European politicians: We go along with the guys that have big guns and the bags of money.

And then they wonder why people are fed up with the "western powers". What a bunch of blatant double standards!
Like it or not, support of Israel is still an important piece of American foreign policy. It's not the first time the U.S. has supported a bad actor because of larger concerns.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 16, 2024 at 8:29 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(August 16, 2024 at 4:09 am)Belacqua Wrote: Has everybody been keeping up with the gang rape news out of Israel? I'm not sure if the media where you are are covering this.

So a few days after the US Congress gave Netanyahu 58 standing ovations, military police in Israel went to arrest nine prison guards who had gang raped two Palestinian prisoners. There have been lots of reports of rape in Israeli prisons over the years, but apparently this time there was video.

Soon after the guards were arrested, angry Israeli mobs overran two military installations, demanding their release. There was a debate in the Knesset over whether gang rape is OK or not, and several high-ranking politicians argued that it's a good thing to gang rape Palestinians. A well-known news commentator went on TV to argue that gang raping prisoners is self-defense. The guards were released without punishment. The rape victims died of their wounds.

A few days after the debate in the Knesset, the US promised Israel another $3,000,000,000 worth of weapons. Two days ago, they promised another $20,000,000,000 worth. Although much of this figure includes war planes which won't be delivered for a while.

Meanwhile of course the genocide continues. The same day that the war planes were promised, Israel dropped bombs on a school being used as a refugee camp, killing close to 100 people.

Both Harris and Trump promise to continue this.

Us politicians: Oh no, we're outraged by all these blatant violations of the lives of palestinians
also US politicians: gimme all the mooneys for these guns and ammo, please!
European politicians: We go along with the guys that have big guns and the bags of money.

And then they wonder why people are fed up with the "western powers". What a bunch of blatant double standards!

Yeah, but it's only evil when the US does it. Don't believe me? Just ask @Belacqua.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Boston Duck Boat rescues father, infant from Charles River

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2...aturestack

"Citing information from fire officials, the spokesperson said a father jumped into the water after his young child fell from a walkway along the river. A nearby duck boat spotted the pair and rushed to their aid. Both father and child were taken to a Boston hospital for evaluation, the spokesperson said."

We make fun of the duck boats here, though they are quite popular with tourists. Big ups to the crew of this one.
(August 19, 2024 at 1:46 pm)Nanny Wrote: Boston Duck Boat rescues father, infant from Charles River

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2...aturestack

"Citing information from fire officials, the spokesperson said a father jumped into the water after his young child fell from a walkway along the river. A nearby duck boat spotted the pair and rushed to their aid. Both father and child were taken to a Boston hospital for evaluation, the spokesperson said."

We make fun of the duck boats here, though they are quite popular with tourists. Big ups to the crew of this one.

Did the boat have an accent?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
^ a wikkid hahd one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 5736 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 594 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1676 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37