Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 25, 2024, 4:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity is unsafe for your health
Christianity is unsafe for your health
This comes from an email from
[email protected]
I received on Saturday, Aug 31, 2024

Quote:Earlier this month, Gallup released a troubling new poll. Among its findings:

TITLE = Far Fewer in U.S. Regard Childhood Vaccinations as Important
Decline occurs among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents
Source:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/648308/far-...id=8326847

Only 40% of Americans say vaccinating their children is essential, down from 58% in 2019.
Just 51% of Americans believe the government should require children to be vaccinated, down from 62% in 2019.
1 in 5 adults in the United States believe vaccines are more dangerous than the diseases they are designed to prevent.

The pollsters reported “the declining belief in the importance of vaccines is essentially confined to Republicans and Republican-leaning independents.” This aligns with other research that’s found vaccine denialism occurs across the political spectrum but tends to skew conservative.

^^^^^That's a rapid drop in numbers for the USA.
I wonder how do the numbers look for Canada and related countries? Come on Gallup!

Quote:TITLE = For COVID-19 vaccinations, party affiliation matters more than race and ethnicity
Source:
https://www.brookings.edu/articles/for-c...id=8326847

There is no reason to believe that these gaps in vaccination rates will disappear anytime soon. According to Gallup, 40% of Republicans “don’t plan” to get vaccinated, versus 26% of Independents and just 3% of Democrats. In response to a more sharply worded KFF question, 23% of Republicans report that they will “definitely not” get vaccinated, compared to 11% of Independents and just 4% of Democrats.

^^^^^Maybe the independent types are the kind of people that tell me "stop being a sheep or a sheople".

Quote:Religiosity, too, is a contributing factor in vaccine rejection. An analysis released this week found, for example, “Catholics have a significantly lower COVID-19 vaccine intention than atheists, and this relationship was mediated by lower belief in science among Catholics.”

^^^^^That line was in the email.
RE: Christianity is unsafe for your health
One reason why there's overlap between RKF supporters and Trumpty-numpties. Neither sect has science as a basis for understanding. So anti-vaxxian RFK fanbois feel more comfortable with another sect that accepts different conspiracy theories from their own, but still feel that they might be more welcome.

Well I'm not getting vaccinated. I don't see any need to do that.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
Why not?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(September 3, 2024 at 11:52 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Well I'm not getting vaccinated. I don't see any need to do that.

Remember that time you didn't get polio?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(September 4, 2024 at 4:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 3, 2024 at 11:52 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Well I'm not getting vaccinated. I don't see any need to do that.

Remember that time you didn't get polio?

Boru

I thought polio was a genetic illness.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(September 4, 2024 at 5:13 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 4, 2024 at 4:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Remember that time you didn't get polio?

Boru

I thought polio was a genetic illness.

Nope, it’s a virus. This is why the polio vaccine works.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
This is why education is important!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(September 4, 2024 at 6:40 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 4, 2024 at 5:13 am)Ahriman Wrote: I thought polio was a genetic illness.

Nope, it’s a virus. This is why the polio vaccine works.

Boru

And the vaccination is important enough to create pauses in a war so that it can be administered. It's been all over the news. JFC Ahri, are you intentionally stupid?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
(September 4, 2024 at 7:29 am)brewer Wrote: And the vaccination is important enough to create pauses in a war so that it can be administered. It's been all over the news. 

Isn't this amazing? 

A Canadian charity built a water purification facility in southern Gaza some years ago. 

A couple of months ago Israeli soldiers destroyed it. This was not collateral damage, there were no tunnels underneath. This was intentional terrorism to take away Gazans' clean water. 

So of course polio is back. 

And now they're pausing the genocide ("war" is not the right word) so they can vaccinate people; kids in Gaza will be healthy when they're killed by bombs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7699 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ignore Your Health And Have Another Baby For Jesus! Nope 25 4694 June 10, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  sick of your threats Christianity! atheist04330 12 2228 July 13, 2014 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Woohoo! Fred Phelps in poor health! Doubting Thomas 10 1802 March 21, 2014 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8896 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 19151 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  What's your problem with christianity? gitonga 102 42097 May 25, 2013 at 12:37 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Sex Outside Matrimony Unsafe. Loading Please Wait 35 14229 July 30, 2012 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Lion IRC
  What is your complaint with Christianity? DeeTee 61 21716 May 11, 2012 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Ryft