Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 12:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Absurd GOP
RE: The Absurd GOP
Matt Gaetz Makes Up More Stupid Stuff

Quote:Far-right Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) is claiming that "at least five" known "assassination teams" are hunting former President Donald Trump, in a statement posted to his congressional website.

Quote:Gaetz claimed to have obtained the knowledge of the assassination teams from a senior Department of Homeland Security official, but did not elaborate on who it was or what evidence he was shown.

Quote:“Three of these teams are foreign-inspired, from my understanding: Iranians, Ukraine, Pakistan," he said, while providing no evidence.

(Bold mine, which should surprise no one)

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
NYT corroborates some of what Congressman Butthead said. SS has said publicly that Iran has a contract out on Trump, and a Pakistani national was busted for taking on the contract.
(September 25, 2024 at 11:27 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: "A gentleman"

GOP congressman posts, then deletes, racist comments about Haitians

In a post on X, formerly Twitter, Higgins called Haitians “thugs,” called Haiti the “nastiest country in the western hemisphere,” and repeated false and dehumanizing claims about pet-eating. The remarks were called out and he deleted the post, though he has not yet issued an apology.

House Speaker Mike Johnson, also a Louisiana Republican, told reporters Higgins was approached by colleagues who told him the post was “offensive.” Johnson said he then spoke to Higgins about it, after which Higgins “prayed about it and he regretted it and he pulled the post down.”

“That’s what you want the gentleman to do,” Johnson said.

"The gentleman" is back with his racism.

Quote:'It's All True': GOP Rep Doubles Down After Wildly Racist Tweet Sparks Huge Backlash

Rep. Clay Higgins (R-La.) defended his deeply racist comments about Haitian people even though House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) claimed the lawmaker had prayed about the post and regretted it.

“It’s all true,” Higgins told CNN Wednesday, even though he ultimately deleted the widely condemned tweet. “I can put up another controversial post tomorrow if you want me to. I mean, we do have freedom of speech. I’ll say what I want.”

“It’s not a big deal to me. It’s like something stuck to the bottom of my boot. Just scrape it off and move on with my life,” he added.

Earlier Wednesday, the lawmaker had expanded on the racist lies pushed by Republican nominee Donald Trump and his running mate, JD Vance, posting on X (formerly Twitter) that Haitians are “eating pets” and come from the “nastiest country in the western hemisphere.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/clay-higg...63235f52a3
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(September 25, 2024 at 11:27 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:
Quote:“I can put up another controversial post tomorrow if you want me to. I mean, we do have freedom of speech. I’ll say what I want.”
Si tacuisses, philosophum mansisses

Freedom of speech does not mean you HAVE to tell everybody what a pos you are. I mean, sure you can, by would you? Most probably because you are the retarded variant pos.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(September 26, 2024 at 7:49 am)Nanny Wrote: NYT corroborates some of what Congressman Butthead said. SS has said publicly that Iran has a contract out on Trump, and a Pakistani national was busted for taking on the contract.

But that’s not what he said. Not remotely.

Boru
Quote:US intelligence officials have briefed Donald Trump about a suspected Iranian plot to kill him, his campaign has said.

The briefing, from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), is believed to have focused on a scheme unrelated to two failed domestic assassination attempts against the Republican nominee for president, and came amid reports suggesting that Iran is conducting an ongoing hack against Trump’s campaign.

Steven Cheung, the Trump campaign’s spokesperson, said the briefing concerned “real and specific threats from Iran to assassinate [Trump] in an effort to destabilize and sow chaos in the United States”.

He added: “Intelligence officials have identified that these continued and coordinated attacks have heightened in the past few months, and law enforcement officials across all agencies are working to ensure President Trump is protected and the election is free from interference.”

The ODNI confirmed to the Guardian on Wednesday morning that the briefing took place.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024...ation-plot

There's a grain of truth in the mountain of shit that Gaetz spewed.

(September 26, 2024 at 1:09 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
Quote:US intelligence officials have briefed Donald Trump about a suspected Iranian plot to kill him, his campaign has said.

The briefing, from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), is believed to have focused on a scheme unrelated to two failed domestic assassination attempts against the Republican nominee for president, and came amid reports suggesting that Iran is conducting an ongoing hack against Trump’s campaign.

Steven Cheung, the Trump campaign’s spokesperson, said the briefing concerned “real and specific threats from Iran to assassinate [Trump] in an effort to destabilize and sow chaos in the United States”.

He added: “Intelligence officials have identified that these continued and coordinated attacks have heightened in the past few months, and law enforcement officials across all agencies are working to ensure President Trump is protected and the election is free from interference.”

The ODNI confirmed to the Guardian on Wednesday morning that the briefing took place.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024...ation-plot

(Bold mine)

Really, Steve?

Boru
An example of how the MAGA machine takes a kernel of truth and pops it into a basketful of nonsense.
(September 26, 2024 at 2:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 26, 2024 at 1:09 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024...ation-plot

(Bold mine)

Really, Steve?

Boru

Sure, Cheung, like most Trumpeteers, exaggerates the threat. But the point in that article is not Cheung's comments, but the fact that high-level intel has identified at least one plot against Trump, hence, my verbiage of "a grain of truth".

Roseanne Barr: Democrats “Eat Babies, Love The Taste Of Human Flesh, They Drink Human Blood”

During an appearance on Tucker Carlson’s cross-country tour, Roseanne Barr insisted that “they” — as always, it’s never quite clear who “they” are, but one assumes given the context she means Democrats — “eat babies,” and “love the taste of human flesh, and they drink human blood.”

Perhaps sensing that her QAnon-adjacent takes would find skepticism in an audience of even Tucker Carlson supporters, she added, “That is not bullshit! It’s true!”

Carlson, who really does know better, treated the insane comments as valid. He invoked another conspiracy theory, this one about Haitian migrants in Ohio, cracking: “So it’s not just the dogs and the cats. Not just the pets.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/im-not-c...son-event/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 47 4826 April 30, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1359 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 12152 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1905 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 2110 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1303 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 3025 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  GOP Jesus Minimalist 1 631 November 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 3527 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1379 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist