Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 9:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence Against God
RE: Evidence Against God
There is no "prosecution", life is not a court of law.

On the other hand, I concede the argument entirely. Would you consider yourself a neo-pagan or a reconstructionist? How many gods do you figure there are (and do you have a favorite pantheon)?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 17, 2012 at 3:54 pm)Abishalom Wrote: Where did I suggest that this article prove God is true. I only said that it proves that babies are predisposed to a belief in a higher being and that things exist to serve a purpose.

Then what was your point?

Also it's absurd to claim to know what babies believe. I hope this is self evident. Without language one cannot believe in these concepts.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
(April 17, 2012 at 4:27 pm)mediamogul Wrote: Then what was your point?

Also it's absurd to claim to know what babies believe. I hope this is self evident. Without language one cannot believe in these concepts.

Do you know what a predisposition is? There a difference between believing a concept and having a predisposition. A belief in a concept requires conditioning. A predisposition is involuntary and does not have to be taught.

My point answering somebody's claim of that a baby is naturally an atheist. This is wrong. Humans have a natural predisposition to belief in a higher being and that everything in the natural world has a purpose.
(April 17, 2012 at 4:18 pm)Abishalom Wrote: No I never made such claim. You have EVERY single one of my post quoted. Find the quote where I said natural evidence either doesn't count or doesn't exist? (Hint:there is no such post) Now you are either a liar or you lack comprehension. Now you don't sound like you're dumb, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Wink

"If all we can see is the natural world, then how does our knowledge of the natural world prove that God does not exists?"
Did you or did you not type that.
Feel free to cry and sob as you type yes. :-)

Oh and while you're at it take a look at another one of my favorite quotes of yours: "I said no such thing. I said the evidence does not actually speak to you, so therefore it would depend on your worldview on how you would perceive the evidence. You might be thinking too hard."
Thats right people, you're just thinking too hard. Stop it! Stop thinking too hard! You need to think just the right amount otherwise you can't agree with him!
(Oh and don't imply I'm a liar or that I lack comprehension again you filthy little charlatan or I'll open up a fresh can of whupass to embarrass the crap out of you infront of all these internet surfers. Wink )
(April 17, 2012 at 4:18 pm)Abishalom Wrote: Right because scientist cannot understand it, therefore it does not exist.

No, it doesn't exist because its logically impossible. That's the same reason why it also doesn't make any sense.

(April 17, 2012 at 4:18 pm)Abishalom Wrote: Yes in that there is a beginning to everything that exist. If in fact there was no God and nothing in the beginning and nature popped into existence. How then do we get all this diversity and complexity? These are the kind of questions scientist rationalize with naturalism to explain away God (but they don't do very good job at it).

So, let's get this straight. If you are provided evidence that matter can pop into existence without any cause, you'd consider it as proof against god's existence and become an atheist?
(April 17, 2012 at 4:36 pm)genkaus Wrote: So, let's get this straight. If you are provided evidence that matter can pop into existence without any cause, you'd consider it as proof against god's existence and become an atheist?

I'm still studying that. Apparently they have found that some particles do pop in and out of existence and the mass of the universe was once smaller than a particle. Perhaps the universe really did just....pop into existence.
Still reading into it. Very interesting. Big Grin
'Virtual particles'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_particle
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(April 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: "If all we can see is the natural world, then how does our knowledge of the natural world prove that God does not exists?"

Oh and while you're at it take a look at another one of my favorite quotes of yours: "I said no such thing. I said the evidence does not actually speak to you, so therefore it would depend on your worldview on how you would perceive the evidence. You might be thinking too hard."
Thats right people, you're just thinking too hard. Stop it! Stop thinking too hard! You need to think just the right amount otherwise you can't agree with him!
(Oh and don't imply I'm a liar or that I lack comprehension again you filthy little charlatan or I'll open up a fresh can of whupass to embarrass the crap out of you infront of all these internet surfers. Wink )
"If all we can see is the natural world, then how does our knowledge of the natural world prove that God does not exists?" Yes I typed this. Now please do tell. How does this statement equate to "the natural evidence either does not count or does not exist" (your words). Again either you have lack of comprehension or you're a liar. You seem like a bright guy, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Wink
What sort of evidence would you like to discuss Ab? Which god claim would you like to see destroyed? It's real easy around here, you just make a thread.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm)Abishalom Wrote: "If all we can see is the natural world, then how does our knowledge of the natural world prove that God does not exists?" Yes I typed this. Now please do tell. How does this statement equate to "the natural evidence either does not count or does not exist" (your words). Again either you have lack of comprehension or you're a liar. You seem like a bright guy, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Wink

So, you are just going to ignore my question and hope that it gets lost in multi-quoting?
(April 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm)Abishalom Wrote:
(April 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(April 17, 2012 at 4:18 pm)Abishalom Wrote:
(April 17, 2012 at 3:50 pm)genkaus Wrote: Well, then, I guess you should be an atheist once you study up on big-bang cosmology, according to which, time and space exist only within the context of this universe and therefore the term "beginning of the universe" makes no sense.
Right because scientist cannot understand it, therefore it does not exist.

Quote:You said this and later on you said that natural evidence points to god. This is the change in your position I'm talking about.
Yes in that there is a beginning to everything that exist. If in fact there was no God and nothing in the beginning and nature popped into existence. How then do we get all this diversity and complexity? These are the kind of questions scientist rationalize with naturalism to explain away God (but they don't do very good job at it).

Quote:I don't have to ask myself - I already know the answer. The biblical account is a lie.
I know you do.

(April 17, 2012 at 4:12 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(April 17, 2012 at 4:01 pm)Abishalom Wrote: When did I ever say there was no natural evidence? Either you lack comprehension or you are being manipulative with my words. I don't think you're dumb, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Wink
Well you got the game part right because you obviously like playing games. But you're the atheist. What is the logic behind this position?
Through out this thread you've claimed that natural evidence either: a) doesn't count or b) doesn't exist. Do you have the memory of a goldfish or are you being willfully ignorant?
Oh *right*, its my lack of comprehension that just forced you to make an ridiculously unbacked claim. Good one. Way to turn the tables on me, you shouldn't be embarrassed of that response at all. Do you blame all of your mistakes on others or is this a one off? I'm guessing its the first option.

Oh and I like playing games because it gives me entertainment before I take on someone with challenging points that actually takes up more then 1% of my IQ to discuss. You are not such an individual. You're more the court jester that entertains me before I deal with serious matters.
Be proud my little clown, be proud. :-)
[Image: flogging_dead_horse_what.jpg]
No I never made such claim. You have EVERY single one of my post quoted. Find the quote where I said natural evidence either doesn't count or doesn't exist? (Hint:there is no such post) Now you are either a liar or you lack comprehension. Now you don't sound like you're dumb, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Wink

"If all we can see is the natural world, then how does our knowledge of the natural world prove that God does not exists?"

"If all we can see is the natural world, then how does our knowledge of the natural world prove that God does not exists?" Yes I typed this. Now please do tell. How does this statement equate to "the natural evidence either does not count or does not exist" (your words). Again either you have lack of comprehension or you're a liar. You seem like a bright guy, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Wink

Why should the same evidence be usable for "proving God", I say that ironically, if it isn't allowed to discount him? Sounds like you're the one lacking the comprehension here pal. You see I've seen some stupid moves in my time but to not allow people to use the fact the world around them doesn't include anything supernatural or God like and then say the world around us proves God exists is kind of like giving someone a loaded gun, saying their not allowed to use it and then snatching it and pulling the trigger... only for it to misfire and kill you.
I know you have this strange little delusion that you're making good points and that people here aren't laughing at every single sentence you type as it seems to conflict with the one before but if you could take one moment to take your mind off the fact your a product of repeated incest that consequently makes your family tree look like a circle you might notice that you've so far spouted nothing but bullshit and conjecture with not a bit of evidence or logic.
Every single sentence you've typed has more or less added up to "I don't need facts, I gots faith!"
You may speak now. :-)
[Image: INCEST.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2739 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3594 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1822 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 5243 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 9009 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 3087 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A simple argument against God Disagreeable 149 13516 December 29, 2022 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1088 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 17808 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2738 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball