Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 11:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution
RE: Evolution
Hilariously, Muslim nations carried the torch whilst the Europeans stumbled.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Christians on an atheist forum.

Validating Dunning–Kruger one post at a time.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Genkaus the dark ages is a MYTH. Science vs Christianity is a MYTH. You buy into the hype (possibly due to predispositions).

Wow, Abi - project much?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 1, 2012 at 11:15 pm)Abishalom Wrote: Genkaus the dark ages is a MYTH. Science vs Christianity is a MYTH. You buy into the hype (possibly due to predispositions).

Abishalom.

Dark Ages refer to a time period. That time period really happened. So, not a myth.

Science vs Christianity is only a part of reason vs faith. That too is not a myth.

You stubbornly choose to keep ignoring the obvious because of your indoctrination.
(May 1, 2012 at 11:27 pm)genkaus Wrote: Abishalom.

Dark Ages refer to a time period. That time period really happened. So, not a myth.

Science vs Christianity is only a part of reason vs faith. That too is not a myth.

You stubbornly choose to keep ignoring the obvious because of your indoctrination.
Well genkaus...what is your view on this "dark age"? Just simple interpretation would suffice.

And while you're at it please explain to me your view of "Christianity vs Science". It would be much appreciated.

(May 1, 2012 at 11:35 pm)Abishalom Wrote: Well genkaus...what is your view on this "dark age"? Just simple interpretation would suffice.

Frequent warfare.
Little urban life.
No significant scientific development.

(May 1, 2012 at 11:35 pm)Abishalom Wrote: And while you're at it please explain to me your view of "Christianity vs Science". It would be much appreciated.

Chistianity = Belief in the outdated immoral doctrine to be believed without evidence, which depends upon accepting oneself as evil and worthless and then scapegoating someone else for those non-existent faults.

Science = Study of what is and using it to create what could be.
(May 1, 2012 at 11:46 pm)genkaus Wrote:
(May 1, 2012 at 11:35 pm)Abishalom Wrote: Well genkaus...what is your view on this "dark age"? Just simple interpretation would suffice.

Frequent warfare.
Little urban life.
No significant scientific development.

(May 1, 2012 at 11:35 pm)Abishalom Wrote: And while you're at it please explain to me your view of "Christianity vs Science". It would be much appreciated.

Chistianity = Belief in the outdated immoral doctrine to be believed without evidence, which depends upon accepting oneself as evil and worthless and then scapegoating someone else for those non-existent faults.

Science = Study of what is and using it to create what could be.

I did not ask for a definition (although an actual definition of Christianity vs science would be nice instead of independent definitions of he 2). I asked for your views on these subjects. Your view about Christian worldview affect on the "dark ages" and your view on Christianity vs science.
(May 1, 2012 at 11:57 pm)Abishalom Wrote: I did not ask for a definition (although an actual definition of Christianity vs science would be nice instead of independent definitions of he 2). I asked for your views on these subjects. Your view about Christian worldview affect on the "dark ages" and your view on Christianity vs science.

Unlike you, my views on the subject are consistent with the facts. Ergo, the definitions actually do represent my views.
(May 2, 2012 at 12:08 am)genkaus Wrote:
(May 1, 2012 at 11:57 pm)Abishalom Wrote: I did not ask for a definition (although an actual definition of Christianity vs science would be nice instead of independent definitions of he 2). I asked for your views on these subjects. Your view about Christian worldview affect on the "dark ages" and your view on Christianity vs science.

Unlike you, my views on the subject are consistent with the facts. Ergo, the definitions actually do represent my views.

I just asked you for your views of these subjects and this is your response (without even answering my question...tsk tsk)?