Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 4:11 pm

Poll: Negative reputation
This poll is closed.
Yes
30.23%
13 30.23%
No
69.77%
30 69.77%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative reputation?
RE: Negative reputation?
(September 8, 2012 at 7:00 pm)greneknight Wrote: There should be a symbol for the gender.

Nah. A gender symbol isn't relevant any more than an age or race one. Besides, if people choose to disclose their gender it's viewable on their profile. I don't think it should be required.

(September 8, 2012 at 7:00 pm)greneknight Wrote: It's easier to relate to folks when we are sure if they're boys or girls.

What makes you think someone is either one or the other? Tongue
(September 8, 2012 at 7:00 pm)greneknight Wrote: What? She's not a girl? Simon? Anyway, there should be some way to identify the gender of folks here. There should be a symbol for the gender. It's easier to relate to folks when we are sure if they're boys or girls.

This post... makes me so sad.

As though there were only two options. As though I wasn't a gal. As though a "symbol" for gender would be a good idea.

Easier? It'll be easier to relate to *people* when you've got a little more experience with the world.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(September 8, 2012 at 7:00 pm)greneknight Wrote: What? She's not a girl? Simon? Anyway, there should be some way to identify the gender of folks here. There should be a symbol for the gender. It's easier to relate to folks when we are sure if they're boys or girls.

My profile pic should be a good enough gender marker for me.

Although, I'm sure there would be a surprise or two from some of the people as far as I go. Wink Shades
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 8, 2012 at 7:48 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote:

This post... makes me so sad.

As though there were only two options. As though I wasn't a gal. As though a "symbol" for gender would be a good idea.

Easier? It'll be easier to relate to *people* when you've got a little more experience with the world.

Of course I know you're a girl. Your avatar is obvious. And your signature below is also quite obvious that you're a girl. It's just that someone mentioned "Simon" and that puzzled me a little. You entire persona is very obviously that of a girl. I'm not THAT inexperienced that I can't tell a girl from a boy. Big Grin

(September 8, 2012 at 7:56 pm)TaraJo Wrote: My profile pic should be a good enough gender marker for me.

Oh yes, I should think so. Absolutely unmistakeable. Big Grin
(September 8, 2012 at 5:15 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: whateverist said he was shooting for exactly 17 and that he was pleased with the result.

...so I repped him to 18.

Well I'm perfectly happy with achieving my goal of exactly 35 rep, so I do hope nobody comes along and messes it up in some way.

Wink Shades
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 8, 2012 at 8:12 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Well I'm perfectly happy with achieving my goal of exactly 35 rep, so I do hope nobody comes along and messes it up in some way.

I would have messed it up if I could. Big Grin
(September 8, 2012 at 8:01 pm)greneknight Wrote: Of course I know you're a girl. Your avatar is obvious. And your signature below is also quite obvious that you're a girl. It's just that someone mentioned "Simon" and that puzzled me a little. You entire persona is very obviously that of a girl. I'm not THAT inexperienced that I can't tell a girl from a boy. Big Grin

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]
(September 8, 2012 at 9:23 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: [Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]

I have mixed feelings about Bailey Jay. On one hand, I'm jealous because she looks so much better than I do. On the other hand, she's fucking hot and I lust for her.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 8, 2012 at 9:29 pm)TaraJo Wrote: I have mixed feelings about Bailey Jay. On one hand, I'm jealous because she looks so much better than I do. On the other hand, she's fucking hot and I lust for her.

I totally didn't know who that girl was 0.o

Yeah, I'd go for that too Thinking
(September 8, 2012 at 7:25 am)Red Celt Wrote:
(September 8, 2012 at 7:15 am)Tiberius Wrote: It is easy to see who the best members are...they have 5+ reputation points. Trolls either have a couple, or none at all.

Oi! Angry

I must say, though... despite making a lot of what (to me) seemed like entertaining/amusing/informative posts... you lot are tight-arsed as hell when it comes to giving out reputation points. Wink

Clam down Red you're doing fine. You WILL be rep't by the discerning,as I have been.(takes awhile) Tiger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kudos/reputation LadyForCamus 69 13972 March 3, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone? Pyrrho 22 6121 May 3, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Reputation Zazzy 49 11501 September 23, 2013 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Negative Reputation Loading Please Wait 22 6854 March 17, 2012 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  What is reputation? Fluké 28 8698 May 14, 2010 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc