Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone?
Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone?
The title pretty much says it all:  Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone?

I do not mean, merely change the text of the reputation one has given to someone, but a way to eliminate the rating one has given?

It is easy enough to remove kudos if one wishes; is there some way of removing a reputation rating as well?

Thank you.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
RE: Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone?
Click on "rate user", then hit "delete".
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(May 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Click on "rate user", then hit "delete".

I wonder if this is a moderator thing, I can't seem to find the delete button, there's only 'update rating'

not that I'd want to unrep anyone, just curious Tongue
I don't get the delete option either...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I see a report button on each rep.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(May 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Click on "rate user", then hit "delete".

There is no "delete" option that appears when I click on "rate user."  The only option is "Update Rating," which allows me to edit the text, but does not allow me to delete the rating.  If I delete all of the text, it will not accept that and the rating then is unchanged.

(May 3, 2015 at 12:49 pm)Alex K Wrote: I don't get the delete option either...

phew, my rep is safe... for now
(May 3, 2015 at 12:53 pm)c172 Wrote: I see a report button on each rep.

That allows one to report the reputation to a moderator.  Presumably, that is in case someone puts objectionable text in the rating.

I am willing to contact a moderator that way to ask for it to be deleted, but I do not want to use that report feature if that is not considered proper use of the feature.  Also, I would rather be able to delete it myself, if there is a way to do that.

Waiting to see if my rep goes down now.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Yeah... don't start reporting reps you mean to delete! We might need a fix for this, but meanwhile, if you have reps you want to delete, I can do it. I'd rather you find a nice way to leave it there, but I'm willing to go in and delete if you PM me a reeeeeally good reason Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Account. Delete zempo 3 1093 July 9, 2021 at 5:20 am
Last Post: no one
  Is there any way to get unbanned from a thread? Angrboda 10 1527 September 17, 2020 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reasonable way for a new section to be added Foxaèr 4 907 July 15, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4819 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Possibly something wrong with rating? tackattack 5 1301 November 19, 2018 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1400 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Thread rating? brewer 39 7300 May 15, 2018 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is there a way to insert Giphy images on this forum? Foxaèr 12 2468 May 14, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How do I delete saved quotes? Succubus 9 1979 August 15, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Is there a way to disable private messages? *Deidre* 14 2635 July 21, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer