Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 3:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Again....But it's never the guns!
RE: Again....But it's never the guns!
(December 23, 2012 at 10:59 am)Napoléon Wrote: I reckon 80-90 people die each year on hunting exercises because the deer got mad. Nothing to do with guns.

lol ... snarky comment of the day. Thumb up
[Image: angrydeeri128559836375901785.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTFHgsOxjTtoTEuQmRDWa...GmflTXYtPw]
[Image: Evolution.png]

Isn't it odd how all the fucking jesus freaks want people walking around with machine guns?

Guess you all think your 'god' was a real pussy for this "turn the other cheek" horseshit. How do you manage to cherry pick your alleged "scriptures" to get out of that one?

[Image: jesus-nra-card.jpg]
(December 23, 2012 at 10:58 am)Aractus Wrote:
(December 23, 2012 at 10:48 am)A Theist Wrote: "massacres will still take place using bolt-action rifles, shotguns and handguns...The public shouldn't have automatic or semiautomatic assault rifles, and taking them away is a step in the right direction, but the entire gun-culture in America needs to be addressed."...Timothy McVeigh murdered 168 people and wounded another 800 people in the Oklahoma City bombing by using a mixture of a common farming fertilizer and racing fuel....there's no gun culture to address...the left looks naively just to more regulation on guns as if that's the cure all to end violence...what needs addressed is what would motivate a person in the first place to commit murder like this, as well as the mental state and the environment impressing an unstable person...this rush to heavily regulating, and or banning guns without addressing the other factors isn't going to solve anything...
Then perhaps you'd like to explain why each year in the USA 80-90 people die in hunting accidents? Surely if all the hunters were using their guns correctly and responsibly there would be 0 hunting deaths, correct?
Then maybe you would like to explain why multitudes more die in traffic accidents each year than by hunting accidents, or why more people die annually from alcohol related deaths than all the drug and gun related deaths combined....Surely if all drivers were driving responsibly and all consumers of alcohol were drinking responsibly there would be 0 traffic related deaths and 0 deaths by alcohol, correct?....but we weren't talking about accidental deaths were we?
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(December 23, 2012 at 10:59 am)Napoléon Wrote: I reckon 80-90 people die each year on hunting exercises because the deer got mad. Nothing to do with guns.

Many die for the same reasons inexperienced backpackers get themselves killed.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(December 23, 2012 at 11:15 am)Cinjin Wrote: lol ... snarky comment of the day. Thumb up

I do try my 'deer'.

Hehe, see what I did there? Ah man I'm too good. ROFLOL
(December 23, 2012 at 10:48 am)A Theist Wrote: "massacres will still take place using bolt-action rifles, shotguns and handguns...The public shouldn't have automatic or semiautomatic assault rifles, and taking them away is a step in the right direction, but the entire gun-culture in America needs to be addressed."...Timothy McVeigh murdered 168 people and wounded another 800 people in the Oklahoma City bombing by using a mixture of a common farming fertilizer and racing fuel....there's no gun culture to address...the left looks naively just to more regulation on guns as if that's the cure all to end violence...what needs addressed is what would motivate a person in the first place to commit murder like this, as well as the mental state and the environment impressing an unstable person...this rush to heavily regulating, and or banning guns without addressing the other factors isn't going to solve anything...

Since 100% of mass murders are not done using guns, any attempt to regulate guns won't eliminate 100% of violence and we should therefore do nothing.

It's not naive to look at guns as a major part of the problem when guns are obviously a major part of the problem. The presence of a gun in the home was associated with a nearly fivefold risk of suicide and an almost threefold risk of homicide.
Correlation/causation. I suppose I should be dead by now judging by the amount of firearms in my home. For some strange reason I stubbornly refuse to commit homicide or suicide. Naive isn't exactly the word I'd use for this one......
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Correlation/causation.

I see you and raise you one Appeal to Experience, as I made no claim that it is a guarantee. ; )
Ah, I see, so the gun bit isn't a guarantee? I bet we can guarantee that human beings are involved in 100% of homicides and suicides. It's almost as though we're trying to implicate a hammer for the crime of driving a nail.....rather than the man who swung it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 23, 2012 at 11:33 am)A Theist Wrote: Then maybe you would like to explain why multitudes more die in traffic accidents each year than by hunting accidents,
Don't you require that people hold a current driver's license to drive? Why not implement an equitable system with owning firearms? 1. require people to renew their license after every 1 or 2 years by passing a safety test, 2. require that anyone owning firearms or using them to also have a current first aid certificate (renewed every 3 years or whatever the situation is in the USA with first aid accreditation).

When you do that, then you're allowed to compare it to cars.
Quote:or why more people die annually from alcohol related deaths than all the drug and gun related deaths combined....
And people eat their way to an early grave too, what's your point?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 8515 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  No More Guns Foxaèr 75 5740 August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2446 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1977 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 9194 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1356 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10575 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bringing out the big guns. onlinebiker 24 1823 August 17, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Do ( D )s sell more guns than ( R )s? onlinebiker 170 13945 February 22, 2019 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  My view regarding guns in the USA as a foreigner. Macoleco 41 3033 March 12, 2018 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd