Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 5:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not ashamed anymore.
RE: Not ashamed anymore.
(February 7, 2013 at 1:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yea but I wouldn't trade places with Madoff or Gadaffi. Happiness still amounts to being happy with yourself first. Material things come and go, but relationships are really the ultimate things that we have that matter.

Wouldn't you, though? They had amazing control over their populations until foreigners got involved Tongue

Relationships are material things, and they come and go.

Quote:For example. I wouldn't trade the knowledge in my head that lead me to my atheism for any amount of money.

I'd trade my 'atheism' in a heartbeat for money, I mean... even as a theist: I'd still not care very much about the whole afterlife thing.

Quote:Life is still ultimately a range and people are individuals. Life is not a script. All one can do or should do is simply be themselves and be happy no matter what their income is if they go up to the top, or get to the middle or even stay at the bottom.

Feels like a script to me, it's why I'm a deist Tongue

Staying at the bottom's pretty shit for being happy, and if being yourself is what's keeping you there: maybe you should temporarily rethink that.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(February 7, 2013 at 1:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Life is still ultimately a range and people are individuals. Life is not a script. All one can do or should do is simply be themselves and be happy no matter what their income is if they go up to the top, or get to the middle or even stay at the bottom.

I very much doubt a person can be that happy when they have so little they have no idea if they will have a place to live or food enough for them and their children. Living in fear that they will be put out on the street and lose their children.

Being rich is not a guarantee of happiness but it certainly helps your odds.

(February 7, 2013 at 1:42 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Feels like a script to me, it's why I'm a deist Tongue

If its a script I demand a new writer. This one hates my character. Tongue
If you're rich, you can buy all the bacon you want. Purchasable happiness Heart
(February 7, 2013 at 1:56 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: If you're rich, you can buy all the bacon you want. Purchasable happiness Heart

Mmmmmm bacon.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX1pGFFIwLa4qDGrOF4oq...mXxHqgYUO5]
Ok fine look guys I really do not think there is an argument. My only beef is when people get jaded, not that they have more or may want more than I do. To me it is how you treat society and how you treat individuals. For a long time now as an adult, I have long since stopped being impressed with what other people have or project themselves on me. I don't care.

Just like when I had that cheap bike and not the expensive ones the other kids had. I have a house, I have family and friends and co workers and a job I love.
(February 7, 2013 at 2:04 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Ok fine look guys I really do not think there is an argument. My only beef is
Poor people don't have beef, Brian...insensitive bastard!
(February 7, 2013 at 2:04 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Ok fine look guys I really do not think there is an argument. My only beef is when people get jaded, not that they have more or may want more than I do. To me it is how you treat society and how you treat individuals. For a long time now as an adult, I have long since stopped being impressed with what other people have or project themselves on me. I don't care.

You have a beef with jaded people... while you're jaded Thinking

Is there something wrong with boredom? Are not allowed to be tired? To lack enthusiasm is the deadliest of the sins?

Quote:Just like when I had that cheap bike and not the expensive ones the other kids had. I have a house, I have family and friends and co workers and a job I love.

Well, those other kids had a bigger house, a family and friends, and might not even need to have a sucky job or the stupid coworkers you have to deal with Tongue

Nothing wrong with having an expensive bike, chaps.

(February 7, 2013 at 2:08 pm)John V Wrote: Poor people don't have beef, Brian...insensitive bastard!

How can poor people not have beef? THEY EVEN LIFT!
(February 7, 2013 at 2:09 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: How can poor people not have beef? THEY EVEN LIFT!
Good point. I heard that neither you nor TJ lift, and the only meat you have is a coupla tube steaks which you're trying to get rid of anyway.
Wink Shades
(February 7, 2013 at 2:21 pm)John V Wrote: Good point. I heard that neither you nor TJ lift, and the only meat you have is a coupla tube steaks which you're trying to get rid of anyway.
Wink Shades

Well, I could always save it aside after the surgery... stringy sausage, maybe I should cook it up and serve it to you? Smile

Or would you rather 'eat it' in its current state? Angel
Oops, did I say tube steaks? Shoulda said cocktail weenies. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nobody wants to work anymore Foxaèr 92 6983 October 29, 2021 at 11:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why should I be ashamed? A rant by a Mexican. J a c k 61 10734 March 20, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I can't keep this up anymore <3 PiousPaladin 67 6296 June 29, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  I cant do this anymore. Brian37 49 5074 April 1, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why are women ashamed of their vagina? Phatt Matt s 54 12137 April 12, 2014 at 4:31 am
Last Post: Jiggerj
  SHIA LABEOUF IS NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE shep 25 4488 March 9, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Not coming out, but not hiding it anymore Fruity 36 11273 June 24, 2013 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Sir Clive sinclair doesn't use computers anymore. leo-rcc 2 1511 March 2, 2010 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc