Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not ashamed anymore.
Not ashamed anymore.
Ok, growing up I was always late to the "in stuff". While others had BMX bikes with mag rims, I had a Ross with spokes.

At my first year of public high school, I had crushes on a couple of icons, as do most teens. Farrah was one. But I unfortunately announced during the revolt against disco that I was a fan of ABBA. Oh boy did that get me some beatings.

To the assholes who bullied me, I say FUCK YOU. I love ABBA just like lots of other music. I also like Metallica and Paula Abdul, Harry Connic Jr and Meggadeth.

Viva ABBA!
RE: Not ashamed anymore.
Can you give me the phone of your dealer? Big Grin
You got beat up for liking ABBA?
Dealer, lol?

I realize Abba's topics were not deep. But damn bubble gum pop is is no different than a good cheesburger, you dont live off it, but damn it is good once and a while.

(January 25, 2013 at 9:57 am)Insanity x Wrote: You got beat up for liking ABBA?

Yea, that was right during the revolt against disco. I think you can actually find clips of the full stadium where they burned disco records.
(January 25, 2013 at 9:57 am)Brian37 Wrote: Yea, that was right during the revolt against disco. I think you can actually find clips of the full stadium where they burned disco records.

Weird. That's some dedication to hating a genre.
(January 25, 2013 at 10:01 am)Insanity x Wrote:
(January 25, 2013 at 9:57 am)Brian37 Wrote: Yea, that was right during the revolt against disco. I think you can actually find clips of the full stadium where they burned disco records.

Weird. That's some dedication to hating a genre.

It was real. Disco dominated the 70s and I guess media over hyped it and people got tired of it. Unfortunately for me I was late to the party. Not that it matters now. But it sucks when you are a teen trying to fit in.
Bug 
(January 25, 2013 at 10:07 am)Brian37 Wrote: It was real. Disco dominated the 70s and I guess media over hyped it and people got tired of it. Unfortunately for me I was late to the party.

[Image: ddpic16.jpg]

Wow. People be crazy.

(January 25, 2013 at 10:07 am)Brian37 Wrote: Not that it matters now. But it sucks when you are a teen trying to fit in.

Yeah I just hung out with the nerdy people. They may have called me the smartest dumb person they know but they were nicer than the others.
(January 25, 2013 at 10:16 am)Insanity x Wrote:
(January 25, 2013 at 10:07 am)Brian37 Wrote: It was real. Disco dominated the 70s and I guess media over hyped it and people got tired of it. Unfortunately for me I was late to the party.

[Image: ddpic16.jpg]

Wow. People be crazy.

(January 25, 2013 at 10:07 am)Brian37 Wrote: Not that it matters now. But it sucks when you are a teen trying to fit in.

Yeah I just hung out with the nerdy people. They may have called me the smartest dumb person they know but they were nicer than the others.

What a bunch of fucking pricks. DONNA SUMMER RULES!

My two most favorite ABBA songs are in a tie.

"The Name Of The Game"
"Take A Chance on Me"

I also now realize how mature "The Winner Takes It All" and "Knowing Me, Knowing You" were as far as handling break ups.
I like this thread, I used to get bullied, and I used to be very conscious about telling people what I may or may have not enjoyed/been into.

If I saw any of them now I'd like to see them take the piss. No really, I'd fucking LOVE to see them take the piss.
I was thinking of doing a spoof of Dancing Queen and calling it "Faux Punditry"

Faux Punditry(Fucks News)

They distort, they always lie
Having put facts aside
See that crap, watch them breed
Faux Punditry

Friday night and all week long
Looking out for mind rot blow
With the right asshole
Hannity will do
You're in the mood for crap

Anyone could be that dense
The no spin zone is just that
With a bit of twisting, anything makes sense
You're in the mood for crap
And when you fall for it.......

Faux Punditry
Wait and see, it's all fact free
Oh yea
Faux punditry

You're a channel
We should turn off
Ruppart Murdroch (sp)
Can lick my balls

Faux punditry
Wait and see, it's all fact free
Faux punditry
Screw Hannity OH YEA

Putting the truth aside
Ohhh see that tripe, watch me scream
At Faux Punditry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nobody wants to work anymore Foxaèr 92 6209 October 29, 2021 at 11:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why should I be ashamed? A rant by a Mexican. J a c k 61 10487 March 20, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I can't keep this up anymore <3 PiousPaladin 67 6179 June 29, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  I cant do this anymore. Brian37 49 4960 April 1, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why are women ashamed of their vagina? Phatt Matt s 54 11841 April 12, 2014 at 4:31 am
Last Post: Jiggerj
  SHIA LABEOUF IS NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE shep 25 4428 March 9, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Not coming out, but not hiding it anymore Fruity 36 11081 June 24, 2013 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Sir Clive sinclair doesn't use computers anymore. leo-rcc 2 1496 March 2, 2010 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc