Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 5:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Born this way, baby
RE: Born this way, baby
(March 26, 2013 at 3:07 pm)Mr Infidel Wrote:
(March 26, 2013 at 3:04 pm)catfish Wrote: So are you a top or a bottom? (or both)

That is irrelevant to the thread topic.

No it's not. It may very well convince you that you are gay for psychological reasons instead of physical ones.
You asserted in thread title that you were born that way and I took the position that you had no actual proof of that statement.

Can you concede that psychological factors may cause a person to become gay or not?
(March 26, 2013 at 3:05 pm)Esquilax Wrote: So let's not pretend that straight sex is any more clean than gay sex is. They're both a little bit gross. Tongue

"Awww, don't do that - half of you are gonna go down on each other when you go home tonight! If you're willing to swallow cum, let's not pretend that anything I say is gross, mmkay?" - George Carlin

(March 26, 2013 at 3:11 pm)catfish Wrote: No it's not. It may very well convince you that you are gay for psychological reasons instead of physical ones.

What does being a top or bottom have to do with being gay? I'm a submissive, and while I might have bisexual tendencies, I mostly consider myself straight.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 26, 2013 at 3:11 pm)catfish Wrote: Can you concede that psychological factors may cause a person to become gay or not?

Quote:No, lesbian, gay, and bisexual orientations are not disorders. Research has found no inherent association between any of these sexual orientations and psychopathology. Both heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Fuck the APA, really, fuck them lying bastards sideways.
If they could find a drug to combat homosexuality, they'd reinstate their 70's dictionary and be drugging them like crazy...
(March 26, 2013 at 3:03 pm)Tonus Wrote: It took several pages of posts to get to "sodomy is icky"?

Is anal sex with a woman just as blasphemous? Or is girly poo poo on your wee wee less revolting?
(March 26, 2013 at 3:39 pm)catfish Wrote: Fuck the APA, really, fuck them lying bastards sideways.
If they could find a drug to combat homosexuality, they'd reinstate their 70's dictionary and be drugging them like crazy...

Do not worry. One day they will find a cure for your type of ignorance.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 26, 2013 at 3:39 pm)catfish Wrote: Fuck the APA, really, fuck them lying bastards sideways.

They had one. It was called "religion". It just doesn't work that well.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 26, 2013 at 3:43 pm)Mr Infidel Wrote: Do not worry. One day they will find a cure for your type of ignorance.

Min used to have an avatar with W Bush picture on it and the caption, "you can't fix stupid"
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(March 26, 2013 at 3:43 pm)Mr Infidel Wrote:

Do not worry. One day they will find a cure for your type of ignorance.

Ignorance is quoting a website as an authority that directly supports my position in this so-called "debate"...

"What causes a person to have a particular sexual orientation?
There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

Mr. Infidel, when did you develop your sexual orientation?
Re: Born this way, baby
Catfish, when did you choose yours?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tis the season for the magic baby NuclearEnergy 27 5025 December 18, 2017 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  I don't exactly feel the same way I once did. Ryantology 18 2815 January 26, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  If someone says science can't explain everything what's the best way to repond? ReptilianPeon 94 14058 December 14, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Theist trope: "Is life just a game?", what's the best way to rerpond? ReptilianPeon 8 3174 May 20, 2016 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Alex K
  If someone says to me "consciousness, therefore god", what's the best way to respond? ReptilianPeon 56 8273 March 9, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Justifying the way things are. Combanitorics 11 3686 October 31, 2015 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Billboard proclaims "Nobody is born gay" Foxaèr 201 30916 December 22, 2014 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Okay, You Were Born Gay...But You're Still Going To Hell! Nope 18 7699 December 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Christian Mingle, The Easiest Way To Get Laid. JohnDG 51 50867 September 9, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Best way to annoy a theist Dystopia 21 6016 July 21, 2014 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda