Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 5, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Daily quotes
RE: Daily quotes
“A believer is a bird in a cage, a freethinker is an eagle parting the clouds with tireless wing”
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:I danced a tango with my hubris high on youth
We swept across the dance floor to subjective truth

But there was no harmony there
No reason for coexistence
Nothing to span the distance, now

Do we even know who we are
Living like all life is forfeit
Like we can just go redefine it
Regardless what we broke

Who died and made us stars
With our intellectual gambits
Our millionaire flair and our antics
We're like mirrors seen through smoke

I tried a shanty with the fool to find my pace
Anything from puns to jests to intertwine our ways

But there was no loyalty to hope
And funny the need for mercy
How it makes us bleed all mercy, now

Do we even know who we are...

Now the melody's void of sympathy
cos that shit's in byte size bits on YouTube
so tell me what am I supposed to do
When the malady's no remedy
Till we reach the lowest absolute
And necessity will finally force something through what's walling you

Do we even know who we are...

~Poets of the Fall - Smoke and Mirrors

Quote:This is my toothpaste moment, oh, I'll need to flash a smile
I'll be the super-absorbent-man, watch them flock to me in single file
And I'll need to do it with style, I need to keep me up to date
Swallowing the sun run another mile, it's overrated how we underrate

I dance in tune with what I fear
To do adrenaline
Completely rapt with what I hear

When passion colors everything
The songs I sing, from way out there to deep within
The face I wear behind my grin
The price I pay for my original sin
Everything, everything, everything

I have a mind for simple things, but things are not of mind to simplify
There's always some loophole technicality you buy into and pay until you die
Money doesn't bring me joy, it's more like a darling dead weight
And I seem to have lost my appetite, it's underrated how we overrate

I dance entangled with my dear
She pulls my every string
Completely trapped yet never here

When passion colors everything...

And when I'm finally brought to my senses
Parade the rain on my parade
Before I'm back to my defenses
To watch the whole thing escalate

I dance in tune with what I fear
To do adrenaline
Completely rapt with what I hear

When passion colors everything...

~Poets of the Fall - Passion Colors Everything

I'm on a PotF kick right now.

Quote:
The weaker are always anxious for justice and equality. The strong pay no heed to either.

— Aristotle

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I guess nobody's perfect. XD
“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning...”
CS Lewis, not really understanding the meaning of his own words, as usual. He's like the bible; everything he says is an argument for atheism.

“Yes, reason has been a part of organized religion, ever since two nudists took dietary advice from a talking snake.”
~Jon Stewart
Quote:“Now, should we treat women as independent agents, responsible for themselves? Of course. But being responsible has nothing to do with being raped. Women don’t get raped because they were drinking or took drugs. Women do not get raped because they weren’t careful enough. Women get raped because someone raped them.
― Jessica Valenti, The Purity Myth: How America's Obsession with Virginity is Hurting Young Women
“Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. Where tax-and-spend Democrats take all your hard-earned money and use it to buy electric cars for National Public Radio, and teach evolution to illegal immigrants. Oh, and everybody's high!”
― Stephen Colbert, I am America
Quote:“Yes, the long war on Christianity. I pray that one day we may live in an America where Christians can worship freely! In broad daylight! Openly wearing the symbols of their religion... perhaps around their necks? And maybe -- dare I dream it? -- maybe one day there can be an openly Christian President. Or, perhaps, 43 of them. Consecutively.”
- Jon Stewart
Quote:Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
-- The Cigarette Smoking Man, The X Files 4X07: Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man

Enjoy your day.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
"Fuck Edison."
-Nikola Tesla

[Not an actual quote but I wouldn't blame the man if he ever did say it.]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil Quotes From Evil Bastards The Architect Of Fate 2 483 December 16, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2704 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Your Favorite Religious/ Scriptural Quotes chimp3 37 4221 May 6, 2020 at 11:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Irreverent Quotes vulcanlogician 83 10913 January 27, 2018 at 5:18 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  I was looking at daily birth/death statistics Foxaèr 8 1473 May 27, 2017 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Terrorism daily explodes from my ass Foxaèr 16 1757 October 11, 2016 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Star Your favourite Atheist Celebrities Quotes! Zaphod Beeblebrox 20 5793 September 20, 2016 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Quotes taken out of context game. Losty 25 3283 September 3, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Losty
Video Great movie quotes... Aractus 48 5087 February 21, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Converse in movie quotes ApeNotKillApe 2 1111 February 10, 2016 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Athene