Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 4:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes Islam so special?
RE: What makes Islam so special?
(April 10, 2013 at 6:58 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
Quote: You need to point where exactly it fails either in the premises or a step is not leading to the next.

As many people have already pointed out to you, the third portion of your 'proof' consists of nothing but your own baseless assertions. It fails completely right there.
Which point do you object on?
(March 23, 2013 at 7:17 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I would like to read some muslim opinions on the mohammed caricatures to be precice.

So, if you think it should be illegal and punishable to make fun of islam and it`s prophet, can you give me an argument for your motion which a non muslim might understand and or even agree on?

What you need to understand is that "Muslim anger" is something that the religious leaders use to inflame and control their subjects.

Before the Danish cartoons, and the ridiculously crappy film "Innocence of Muslims", Southpark featured Mohammed as one of the 7 Super Best Friends.

[Image: south-park-super-best-friends-depiction-of-muhammad.jpg]

No one ever made a fuss about it. I have a lot of Muslim friends that were not only not offended, but they also found the episode amusing.

On the other hand there are a lot of things that come out that should offend Muslims but because their religious leaders don't mobilize, no one riots and destroys embassies.

You have a selection of stupid and offensive fatwas to glare upon.

You also have a myriad of instances where the same clerics would preach against the "tyranny of the common Jew" but fail to act to protect their "fellow Muslims" that are being kiilled in Gaza.

In Islamic history, Mohammed was drawn even though rarely. As well as other figures of religious importance such his cousin Ali Bin Abi Taleb.

Muslims are passing through the dark ages right now and as in any dark ages, criticism and humour are not only frowned upon, but are tickets to a painful death.
"If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another." - Epicurus
Muslims I know have noted that they are forbidden to draw Mohamed (or people, or animals)...but they don't expect non-Muslims to follow their rules and don't get why people would riot over what a non-Muslim draws. I'm not saying that they're representative, just that there is diversity of thought on this topic among Muslims.
(April 16, 2013 at 3:06 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Muslims I know have noted that they are forbidden to draw Mohamed (or people, or animals)...but they don't expect non-Muslims to follow their rules and don't get why people would riot over what a non-Muslim draws. I'm not saying that they're representative, just that there is diversity of thought on this topic among Muslims.
Actually is it forbidden in Islam to draw any living thing (human or animals)
It is just more bad to draw prophets (Like Mohamed)
Muslim Scholar...
I am so glad you are here to tell us these things. Drawing the profit is bad, but removing a woman's clitoris is good.

Chewy, take the professor to the back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
(April 17, 2013 at 3:02 am)cato123 Wrote: Muslim Scholar...
I am so glad you are here to tell us these things. Drawing the profit is bad, but removing a woman's clitoris is good.
Islam doesn't allow removing the Clitoris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(April 17, 2013 at 5:02 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote:
(April 17, 2013 at 3:02 am)cato123 Wrote: Muslim Scholar...
Islam doesn't allow removing the Clitoris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what about male circumcision? if Allah doesnt want us to have our foreskin he wouldve have it removed even before we were born.. clearly his 'invention' is not perfect as he claimed it is, what god is that?
(April 17, 2013 at 2:54 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Actually is it forbidden in Islam to draw any living thing (human or animals)
Why?

Quote:It is just more bad to draw prophets (Like Mohamed)

Takes note of my avatar -- will Allah prepare a fiery furnace for my wicked soul? Will some crazed jihadi want to kill the creator of "Jesus and Mo"?
(April 6, 2013 at 5:39 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote:
(April 2, 2013 at 7:04 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: So keeping slaves? Denying women equal rights? discriminating non muslims? denying non muslims outside of the islamic world any rights? rejecting democracy? rejecting free speech? is benefitial and supirior to how we live here???
Explain why???
The answer is very simple
Islam can be proved to be true (Try to refute my proof)

The true God made those rules, if you follow them you will be in Paradise, if not you will go to Hell.

....and you're a 'scholar' you say? Where did you graduate, clown college?

Sorry, but ever you since you used your religion to justify why women are less than human i just find your character utterly displeasing and reprehensible. I am ashamed to be of the same species.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
The Danish cartoons were just tasteless like the nazi portrayals if Jews - don't try to defend that in the name if freedom of speech.

It would be simple if Muslims were just irrational people who hate cartoons but be brae and face reality that maybe a fifth of the world aren't just stupid irrational nutters!

"Women are less than human..."

Biggest growing religion in UK amongst Women

So these women are just stupid then...

Get off your keyboard and face the world as if is you twonks! :-D
Kudos given by (1): Dawud

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8080 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  "Sharia law makes a lot of sense" - Linda Sarsour Starman 73 20965 February 24, 2018 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5663 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 34388 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet