Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 11:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes Islam so special?
What makes Islam so special?
I would like to read some muslim opinions on the mohammed caricatures to be precice.

So, if you think it should be illegal and punishable to make fun of islam and it`s prophet, can you give me an argument for your motion which a non muslim might understand and or even agree on?
RE: What makes Islam so special?
I personally do not care if someone makes caricatures of Muhammad. It's not like the cartoons change anything about what I think about Muhammad nor who he really was. But it does tell me that whoever draws those things are probably lacking good manners and respect toward others and that they might even be ignorant. However, the drawings themselves are only drawings. They are not necessarily an accurate representation of the real person ... so ... I don't care. Smile
Rayaan, what about the authentic hadiths to kill those who insult the Prophet?
[Image: Muh37.jpg]
Quote: But it does tell me that whoever draws those things are probably lacking good manners and respect toward others and that they might even be ignorant.

This is an atheism forum. We make fun of all gods and the people who claim to believe in them. The question is, why is your boy "special?"
(March 24, 2013 at 6:46 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Rayaan, what about the authentic hadiths to kill those who insult the Prophet?

I don't know of any authentic hadiths that say that anyone who insults the Prophet should be killed. This may have been the opinions of certain companions and scholars which they passed on to others as "hadiths", but those are not the words of Muhammad himself. I consider those to be secondary hadiths since they are all statements and/or rulings (or "fiqh") started by Muslims generation ago, but not by the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). As a matter of fact, there were many people in Muhammad's time who used to mock him and curse him and they even tried to kill him in order to put an end to Islam even though many of them were people of his own clan, the Quraysh, but he left them on their own. He forgave them, and said that there punishment will be in the next life which is mentioned in the Quran as well:

"Verily, those who abuse Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and He has prepared for them a humiliating punishment." (Surah 33:57)

(March 24, 2013 at 7:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: This is an atheism forum. We make fun of all gods and the people who claim to believe in them. The question is, why is your boy "special?"

I know this is an atheism forum. And I do not think that my god is particularly special because we believe that Allah is the same god as the Judaic and the Christian god. Muslims believe that the Quran, Bible, and the Torah were all sent by the same god. However, the different conceptions of God between these three religions mainly arise from textual corruptions.

"Do not argue with the People of the Book [the Jews and Christians] except in the kindest possible manner, save those of them who are oppressive, and say: “We believe in what was revealed to us and what was revealed to you; our God and your God are one and the same, and to Him do we submit ourselves.” (Quran, 29:46)
(March 24, 2013 at 9:43 pm)Rayaan Wrote: This may have been the opinions of certain companions

Do you believe those companions were possibly making up a ruling? Wouldn't that be innovating in the religion? Didn't they know the dangers of innovating in the religion?

Also, it is recorded that there was consensus among companions regarding this issue, and the generation that followed.
(March 23, 2013 at 7:17 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I would like to read some muslim opinions on the mohammed caricatures to be precice.

So, if you think it should be illegal and punishable to make fun of islam and it`s prophet, can you give me an argument for your motion which a non muslim might understand and or even agree on?

Quote:What makes Islam so special?

islam is only relgion from God unchanged in its original form since the time of revelation. islam is way of Life in this World so people can live happy Life and moral Life and then get reward for it in hereafter in paradise and avoid hell.

Firstly, your storybook is from men, flesh and blood. Same as any other, and just like any other storybook one can avail themselves of a standardized edition that will remain faithful to the original, print after print. What the hell is supposed to be so miraculous about this? I'd be miserable as a muslim, and I'm not looking for any reward in the hereafter, or to avoid any of your fantasies about how I might be punished.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 29, 2013 at 1:18 pm)ciko83 Wrote: islam is only relgion from God unchanged in its original form since the time of revelation.

Since the oldest surviving complete copies of the Quran are from the 9th century, this assertion is without evidence. There is a multi-hundred year gap to account for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7909 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  "Sharia law makes a lot of sense" - Linda Sarsour Starman 73 20300 February 24, 2018 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5518 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33932 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet