Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 11:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ex-"New Atheist", Now Christian
RE: Ex-"New Atheist", Now Christian
Ah ok that's alrighty then!
(April 19, 2013 at 1:01 pm)Love Wrote: Well, I did not want this forum to be placed in the "Introductions" forum, hence the reason why I placed it in the "Atheism" thread.

As the moderator who actually made the move, I was guided by your very first complete sentence here, which was "Please consider this to be my introduction." As such, it belongs in the Introductions forum.

(April 19, 2013 at 1:01 pm)Love Wrote: Can we bypass "forum etiquette" and pretend that I have already made the introductions, and place this thread back in the "Atheism" thread? I wanted to answer all the questions that were asked of me.

This is exactly what some of us have been asking you to do and I'm pleased to see that you have now opened a new thread in the forum proper - if for no other reason than because this one's staying right where it should be.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 19, 2013 at 12:43 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Edited because I repeated LP

Love, We do welcome you and your alternative views here, but no one is allowed to go on the offensive in an introduction thread. Also, a person of your varied religious history should certainly understand and even expect a certain level of harassment for arriving on an atheistic website and sharing your theistic views.

You even stated in your opening post that you understood this concept. Undecided
As I understand it he posted in the atheist forum and the thread was moved to the introductions?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Quote:Philosophy achieves nothing by itself.

[Image: th?id=H.5047613990634950&pid=15.1]
ROFLOL

Min, you just got me thrown out of the library - and I'm not even in there!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Sorry.
Meh, it was bound to happen sooner or later..!
Let's see:

You are no longer an Atheist, and you don't believe the Bible, either, but you want to call yourself Christian.

Welcome aboard Mr. Charles Russell!
[Image: earthp.jpg]
I'm sorry but this is wrong. The feeling of love is a chemical reaction in the brain. And I still don't understand how you chose to be Christian instead of any other religion, seems like maybe you were taught Christianity as a child, maybe a family member is Christian and it was the easiest most readily available religion to you. If someone in modern times claimed they were the son of god, would you believe them? Of course not, you would think they are crazy, but why did people believe it during Jesus' supposed time period? Because they were less developed with a smaller understanding of the world.

In the end, you should do whatever makes you happy, but I cannot help but feel that you are undoing yourself. Believing in the Christian god....why not fairies....why not Allah.......they all have zero evidence of existence....may as well believe in unicorns while you're at it.
I wonder how many people have, with absolutely no foreknowledge of the existence of a religion, spontaneously converted to that religion. I'm guessing zero, and it would take a lot of examples of this for me to ever accept the idea that a god communicates directly to anybody. Seems as though he has this tendency to communicate only with those who have already been, at the very least, culturally exposed to the religion (usually right from birth).

I do accept coincidences, but this ain't one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex Christian, relieved to be an agnostic atheist SerenelyBlue 28 4687 September 7, 2016 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  I'm now an atheist Adam Blackstar 29 3495 June 14, 2016 at 3:27 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheist married to Christian - hello! atheistmama 14 2884 November 28, 2013 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 7027 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  New New New Quid 23 5061 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  New poster; relatively new atheist. Creed of Heresy 15 4205 February 21, 2012 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Former agnostic, now Christian lucent 96 50613 September 20, 2011 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  New here, but not a new Atheist mboss 12 4095 June 15, 2011 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  From Christian To Atheist DanielSchaffiro 14 3290 June 7, 2011 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  New member here, and a Christian thechristophershow 30 6593 October 1, 2010 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger