Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 4:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In a world without God...
RE: In a world without God...
This shit has been going forever. idiots always think the word is ending.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dat...tic_events
Thanks for the reply Drich, I need to get to bed but I shall reply to you tomorrow nightSmile
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(June 8, 2013 at 9:58 pm)Drich Wrote:
(June 8, 2013 at 4:38 am)Zen Badger Wrote: And how do you know the same can't be said of your Jesus?
Promises and prophesies. The promises that the 'other gods' made are empty. The prophecies made by the other gods prophets have failed.

The bible says if one prophecy does not come true, that man is to be considered a false prophet. I have personally taken up the promises of the God of the bible and have looked into them and found them to be true.

And which prophecies might they be?

BTW, here is a quite extensive list of failed biblical prophecies

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Failed_biblical_prophecies
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(June 9, 2013 at 1:22 am)Minimalist Wrote: This shit has been going forever. idiots always think the word is ending.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dat...tic_events

The worst part is that even after doomsday has passed without the doom, the idiots still cling to their cult and their beliefs. Proof they are completely immuned to a data-based reality.
Drich Wrote:How do you know people get flattened by busses? Because you learned from someone else's mistake. That's how society works. We build and learn off of existing knowledge and the mistakes and successes of others.

I know people get flattened by buses do to our knowledge of physics. I wouldn't have to see a person get flattened by a bus to know that it would happen.

Regardless, why do you think it's okay to let a human die due to one, minute lapse in judgement? Are you really that callous, or are you just bending over backwards to defend this argument of yours?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(June 9, 2013 at 12:41 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The prophecies made by the other gods prophets have failed.

Just like your phony god.

Quote:8 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will bring a sword against you and kill both man and beast. 9 Egypt will become a desolate wasteland. Then they will know that I am the Lord.

“‘Because you said, “The Nile is mine; I made it,” 10 therefore I am against you and against your streams, and I will make the land of Egypt a ruin and a desolate waste from Migdol to Aswan, as far as the border of Cush.[b] 11 The foot of neither man nor beast will pass through it; no one will live there for forty years. 12 I will make the land of Egypt desolate among devastated lands, and her cities will lie desolate forty years among ruined cities. And I will disperse the Egyptians among the nations and scatter them through the countries.

Ezeky 29

Total fucking bullshit. All of it.

, so your saying from Migdol to Aswan has been continuously occupied by Egyptians? And not even a 40 period has passed in the 4000 year period from then to now give or take?

By the way where is Aswan and Migdol? Before you point to the modern city, you do know that durning Ezekiel's time it was know by a different name right? So the modern city of Aswan is not the city Ezekiel was speaking of. When are you going to start researching your rants Minnie? This is tyre all over again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aswan

The fact that Migdol and Aswan have been lost to time would suggest the ezikie was right.

(June 9, 2013 at 3:32 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
Drich Wrote:How do you know people get flattened by busses? Because you learned from someone else's mistake. That's how society works. We build and learn off of existing knowledge and the mistakes and successes of others.

I know people get flattened by buses do to our knowledge of physics. I wouldn't have to see a person get flattened by a bus to know that it would happen.

Regardless, why do you think it's okay to let a human die due to one, minute lapse in judgement? Are you really that callous, or are you just bending over backwards to defend this argument of yours?

The same physics that braking systems work off of?
You're cherry-picking again, asshole, and I'm not going to let you get away with discrediting your own bullshit. Please read carefully....if that is possible....

Quote:I will make the land of Egypt desolate among devastated lands, and her cities will lie desolate forty years among ruined cities. And I will disperse the Egyptians among the nations and scatter them through the countries.

Your fucking god keep saying "AND" not " or". There is no period of 4, 40 or 400 years when these conditions applied.

Your bible is bullshit but it is all yours and you are fucking stuck with (all) of it.

I do get so tired of correcting you clowns about what you claim to know.

Your fucking god isn't even a very good braggart.
(June 9, 2013 at 11:26 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You're cherry-picking again, asshole, and I'm not going to let you get away with discrediting your own bullshit. Please read carefully....if that is possible....

Quote:I will make the land of Egypt desolate among devastated lands, and her cities will lie desolate forty years among ruined cities. And I will disperse the Egyptians among the nations and scatter them through the countries.

Your fucking god keep saying "AND" not " or". There is no period of 4, 40 or 400 years when these conditions applied.

Your bible is bullshit but it is all yours and you are fucking stuck with (all) of it.

I do get so tired of correcting you clowns about what you claim to know.

Your fucking god isn't even a very good braggart.

How do you know that what ezekiel recorded was going to happen to egypt did not happen?
(June 10, 2013 at 12:56 am)Drich Wrote: How do you know that what ezekiel recorded was going to happen to egypt did not happen?

Drich, you're talking about the stupid cunt (a prophet) that ate shit, right? Ezekiel?
Err... Written records usually debunk prophesy Drippy
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 45330 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  God so hated the world Foxaèr 99 6952 December 7, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12772 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 60444 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  God is in charge of the world. Foxaèr 93 11802 June 6, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Little children who died without Baptism go to eternal Hell?! Jehanne 34 6338 February 29, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
Exclamation Without God You will Fail! Gods Squad 110 17347 October 19, 2015 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  How to prove Christianity is right without trying very hard Dystopia 6 3766 July 15, 2015 at 5:01 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  How to Prove Your Own Position without Trying Very Hard Randy Carson 59 12052 July 14, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Bad/Good Things That Happen Without the Aid of a Deity Nope 30 9971 June 11, 2015 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd