Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Prove Your Own Position without Trying Very Hard
How to Prove Your Own Position without Trying Very Hard
1. Start a thread by inserting an absurd quote from one individual from the Other Side. Linking to a news item from an obscure website also works.
2. Make broad sweeping generalizations about EVERYONE on the Other Side based on the single example cited in Step 1.
3. Express outrage, disbelief or both at the beliefs and actions of the Other Side cited in Step 1.
4. Use foul-language to show that you're all grown up now and that YOU'RE REALLY SERIOUS about not liking the Other Side cited in Step 1.
5. Follow up with obligatory YouTube videos and/or memes mocking the Other Side.
6. Yuck it up with anyone from Your Side who also posts mocking the Other Side using steps 2, 3, 4 or 5.
7. Congratulate yourself and others for really having given the Other Side what for.
8. Thank God that you are not on the Other Side. Oh, wait...

Repeat Steps 1-7 daily to avoid actually thinking about what the Other Side is saying. (And joining them.)
RE: How to Prove Your Own Position without Trying Very Hard
Or post your claims somewhere among those who already believe it.
Dying to live, living to die.
Or you might try coming up with evidence Randy instead of repeating Ad nauseam the same silly shit from your Heavenly Horseshit as if trying to convince yourself.

But, I've learned to expect nothing more from jesus freaks.
(July 12, 2015 at 4:37 pm)Beccs Wrote: Or post your claims somewhere among those who already believe it.

Obviously, that's NOT what I'm doing in this forum, but it's good advice for others.

Thanks! [Image: ani_tiphat.gif]
Lol. Flawless shade, to cite an acquaintance of mine.

Too bad nobody cares I guess. Rolleyes
I think somebody needs a nap.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 12, 2015 at 4:42 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Obviously, that's NOT what I'm doing in this forum [...]

Of course not. You try really hard and fail to prove anything. 

Which is why I'm sure you understand, that any advice - be it sarcastic or otherwise - on successful debating, coming from you, will be met with some skepticism here.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I can't speak for anyone else but I am not trying to prove anything to you or other Christians. It is enjoyable to me to debate and interact with the members of this forum.

In a way, this forum should be freeing for you, Randy. You don't have to look for the hidden message in what members write here. They aren't going to try to trick you or be dishonest to win you to atheism. Wouldn't you rather someone curse you then to be nice just so that they might have influence when you are at your emotional lowest and convert you to atheism?
If you want to prove that god exists first you need to prove that magic in one form or another is real.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(July 12, 2015 at 4:36 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: 1. Start a thread by inserting an absurd quote from one individual from the Other Side. Linking to a news item from an obscure website also works.
2. Make broad sweeping generalizations about EVERYONE on the Other Side based on the single example cited in Step 1.
3. Express outrage, disbelief or both at the beliefs and actions of the Other Side cited in Step 1.
4. Use foul-language to show that you're all grown up now and that YOU'RE REALLY SERIOUS about not liking the Other Side cited in Step 1.
5. Follow up with obligatory YouTube videos and/or memes mocking the Other Side.
6. Yuck it up with anyone from Your Side who also posts mocking the Other Side using steps 2, 3, 4 or 5.
7. Congratulate yourself and others for really having given the Other Side what for.
8. Thank God that you are not on the Other Side. Oh, wait...

Repeat Steps 1-7 daily to avoid actually thinking about what the Other Side is saying. (And joining them.)

Or you could do it this way:

1. Intentionally join a forum consisting of mostly people that reject your silly shit.
2. Vomit up Bible verses and other baseless assertions.
3. Become incredulous when asked for evidence.
4. Point back at Bible as evidence
5. Deflect criticism by concentrating on the words you don't like
6. Cry like a bitch because nobody takes you seriously

The problem with you religious types is that you never actually entertain the possibility that you might be wrong having accepted a system the relies on 'the last word of the Bible or some authority'. Atheists, for the most part, adhere to the bit of science constantly begging to be proved wrong. Your claims of certain knowledge are horseshit. There's no last word. Our knowledge is always provisional. There's no inerrancy, anywhere or anytime about anything. Get over it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1956 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44099 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  VERY Basic Doctrines of Calvinism johndoe122931 18 2374 June 7, 2021 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Spiritual realm is very likely real (demonic possession)? Flavius007 23 1878 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Serious] Trying close to my best to rationalize Christianity sausagerock 65 6284 January 29, 2020 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 11723 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 881 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1499 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8390 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 58102 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith