Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 1:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Mess
RE: Human Mess
(September 7, 2013 at 6:47 pm)Christian Wrote: When lives are transformed and empowered to live Godly lives through a personal relationship with Christ, one knows beyond reasonable doubt that God is real.

False. God has nothing to do with changing one's life or the lives of others. The comfortable delusion of god's existence may only give you the false security of happiness.

Making the decision to better one's own life and changing the lives of others for the better is mere humanity. No god involved.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:Well, what should we expect from atheists living in the midst of people who believe in a Creator?

It takes a special kind of fool to believe in a "creator."

You must be the star of the class.
(September 7, 2013 at 6:47 pm)Christian Wrote: Well, what should we expect from atheists living in the midst of people who believe in a Creator?

When lives are transformed and empowered to live Godly lives through a personal relationship with Christ, one knows beyond reasonable doubt that God is real.

My neighbourly advice to everyone is to first experience the life changing relationship with Christ.

Thank you for being so condescending but you might just as well say, just get the lobotomy and then decide if you don't like life better. No thank you.
(September 7, 2013 at 6:47 pm)Christian Wrote: Well, what should we expect from atheists living in the midst of people who believe in a Creator?

When lives are transformed and empowered to live Godly lives through a personal relationship with Christ, one knows beyond reasonable doubt that God is real.

My neighbourly advice to everyone is to first experience the life changing relationship with Christ.

When christians or religious people start talking like this, i just see a lot of words and no real content.

(September 7, 2013 at 6:49 pm)Faith No More Wrote: My neighborly advice is to keep your neighborly advice to yourself.

You need to keep hour delusions to yourself, son.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 8, 2013 at 12:11 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: When christians or religious people start talking like this, i just see a lot of words and no real content.

That's because there isn't any content! Usually the theists here at least attempt some kind of argument, but this guy's basically just said "you atheists are wrong. To stop being an atheist, start being a christian. Then you'll be right."

Fucking christ... Angry
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(September 6, 2013 at 10:11 pm)Christian Wrote: We humans are in a mess. Though there have been graver crises, the world has never been more unstable and more dangerous. Diplomatically, militarily and morally. I dreamt that the end is near, but only our gracious Lord knows.

I'm a human... and I think I'm alright... 2 feet, 2 legs, 1 torso, 2 arms, 2 hands, 1 head.... everything seems to be in its rightful place... no mess, here!

The world is unstable?... I blame the politicians... and, before them, the clerics... and, before them, the tribe chieftains... well, you see... it's the ruling class that's to blame for most of the crap that happens in human societies. However, it's one of those cases where "you can't live with them, you can't live without them".
So societies have evolved, slowly towards keeping the most people well and happy.
Around the world, this evolution hasn't been homogeneous, and there have been a few mishaps which seem to de-evolve, but, overall, it's better now than ever.

I dreamt that someday all humanity would benefit from the same advancements I benefit... until then, I can only condemn stupid leadership where I see it, however I'm fully aware that I'm incapable of replacing that leadership.
So I live and let live. Leaving a few thoughts here are there, a few ramblings, a few ideas, a bit of me.

Christian, I asked if you could be more specific. That was more vague. You went the wrong way.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 7, 2013 at 6:47 pm)Christian Wrote: My neighbourly advice to everyone is to first experience the life changing relationship with Christ.

I actually already went through something like that. It had to be about....12 years ago?

Yeah, I got over it.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(September 8, 2013 at 11:58 am)CleanShavenJesus Wrote:
(September 7, 2013 at 6:47 pm)Christian Wrote: My neighbourly advice to everyone is to first experience the life changing relationship with Christ.

I actually already went through something like that. It had to be about....12 years ago?

Yeah, I got over it.

Hmmm .. are you sure you did it right? Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't mess with Texas religion! Ugh! Ziploc Surprise 27 8463 December 19, 2011 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist