Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Mess
Human Mess
We humans are in a mess. Though there have been graver crises, the world has never been more unstable and more dangerous. Diplomatically, militarily and morally. I dreamt that the end is near, but only our gracious Lord knows.
RE: Human Mess
Can you be more specific?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
There is no evidence that your god exists. If you find some sort of solace from imagining a cosmic super hero you'll forgive us if the rest of us think you are out of your mind.
Every subsequent generation thinks the world has gone to shit. It probably has more to do with a person's inablility to cope with the fact that everything will go on without them when they die than anything in reality.

Violent crime is actually down, and life expectancy has never been longer. Old prejudices are being shed, and we are slowly working towards euqal rights for all under the law.

The idea that the world is worse than it's ever been is just a myth propagated by those that morbidly wish armageddon would come before their eyes, like a Chrisitan waiting for their savior to come down from the heavens to smite his enemies.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The biggest mess is the one made by religion.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Oh yea, it's the most horrible now.

I mean back when we didn't have vaccines for small pox or polio, it was still OK. I mean WW1&2, those were ok times. Compared to now, now it's craaazy.
Christian is speaking of the hearts behind the issues, like Christian said the world has seen greater physical crisis. It's the crisis of the heart that the scriptures speak of as bringing the world to an end. The heart of this world has become evil, that is evil compared to God's desire for us, evil to approve of all things God has called unrighteous.

Smile GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
And don't forget the REALLY good old days when shitheads like the OP were burning heretics at the stake.

Those were the days, huh?
I smell poe.
(September 6, 2013 at 11:20 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: I smell poe.

There is a reason it's so hard to tell but I don't think so this time. This seems like genuine bat-shit naivety to me. Why does every age feel it is living in the end days of history?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't mess with Texas religion! Ugh! Ziploc Surprise 27 8288 December 19, 2011 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist