Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 6:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
And Hells come back to haunt me
RE: And Hells come back to haunt me
Whether I'm aware or not, that IS irony,correct?
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
I'm much more concerned with getting my work done on a daily basis than a concept of Hell.....live your life day to day and don't stress the big issues that will only bring you down.....I know that is the opposite of what they tell you, but in your case, it might be better to stray from the crowd.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(October 26, 2013 at 12:25 am)Owlix Wrote: Whether I'm aware or not, that IS irony,correct?

Maybe in your eyes.
(October 26, 2013 at 1:00 am)catfish Wrote:
(October 26, 2013 at 12:25 am)Owlix Wrote: Whether I'm aware or not, that IS irony,correct?

Maybe in your eyes.

I agree with kitten here. Sorry, Owl. I like you, but no. These are atheist debate forums. Also, somewhere in the description I remember reading that this is a place for atheists and theists to debate. It makes this place richer.

I am prepared to get hit by tomatoes... but this place wouldn't be the same without some of our theists (one of them being catfish). Think about it. What would the threads be like?

All of you would be stuck with me just cruising the forums spreading propaganda for certain areas of the forums that require ID proof. Why would you want that?

Ok... throw them at me. ducks*

A debate requires different view points.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Thanks Owl, you made me agree with Mr Fish. Now I feel soiled.

Big Grin
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 26, 2013 at 8:23 am)Stimbo Wrote: Thanks Owl, you made me agree with Mr Fish. Now I feel soiled.

Big Grin

Think of it as temporarily occupying the correct side of the issue with the catfish. He'll swim away soon, we can be assured.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
You can't swim "away" when you're swimming in the crapper.
Could someone please flush?!?!?
(October 25, 2013 at 9:06 pm)catfish Wrote: lol, you don't know my position on the Bible, do you?

That is exactly what I've been trying to get you to explain!

You claim that there are parts of the Bible that you take literally, and other parts you do not, and that these may differ when compared to many other Christians. You claim to be a 'cherry picker' and seem proud of your selective interpretation.

I'm sure you differ wildly with Sword of Christ on your interpretation of the Bible as it seems he is a literalist. He reads Bible stories and concludes that they should be taken literally, you cherry pick which ones should not.

I want to know by what method YOU decide which stories should be taken literally and which should not. You must have some mental process you go through when reading the Bible to determine which parts you take literally and which you don't.

All I'm trying to find out is what this process is.

You are the one that constantly derides us atheists when we use a literal interpretation when debating Christians. Why not tell us how to read the Bible in such a way as to understand which parts should be read literally and which should not?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Why, why, why does everyone require someone else to tell them what something says?

Read it yourself.
(October 26, 2013 at 9:08 am)catfish Wrote: You can't swim "away" when you're swimming in the crapper.
Could someone please flush?!?!?

I tried. The shit came back after two weeks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1714 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2953 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2838 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christian Hell vs. Other Hells? TrueChristian 17 5187 January 13, 2016 at 12:59 am
Last Post: green.joel2
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 819369 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 40785 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  'it will come back to you' Longhorn 23 5377 June 20, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Christians Come to the Waters... daver49 2 1310 March 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 27053 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  That Day will come as a trap on all the world professor 1458 207133 October 13, 2014 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie