Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 9:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
(October 31, 2013 at 12:32 am)snowtracks Wrote: the multiverse a theoretical construct that would exist outside the U.; therefore is not detectable, thus making it a metaphysics (outside of objective experience) concept only.

A theoretical construct is not metaphysical at all.
(October 31, 2013 at 8:16 am)MindForgedManacle Wrote:
(October 31, 2013 at 12:32 am)snowtracks Wrote: the multiverse a theoretical construct that would exist outside the U.; therefore is not detectable, thus making it a metaphysics (outside of objective experience) concept only.

A theoretical construct is not metaphysical at all.

the atheists are trying but are unable to do away with that stubborn singularity that has theistic implications. they like the idea of something bubbling or even nothing as the cause.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
...Are you trolling me? 1) The singularity conclusion doesn't itself have theistic implications. Do you know what a singularity is? I doubt it. 2) I would stake my lot with the camp that sees the singularity as shoing a flaw in our theories regarding this, since singularities are mathematical objects. We already know at least 1 major flaw, and that's that we cannot describe this properly without a theory of quantum gravity, because our current theories have General Relativity go out the window since it hasn't been synthesized with quantum mechanics.

Further, you don't think God has a cause for his existence, so it's stupidly disingenuous to get mad at atheists positing that as a possibility, except in regards to something that can at least plausibly said to exist.
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
I do not know if I, or anyone else, has stated thus in 49 pages, but I'm stating this now because it's what stands out most of the things I could post.

Atheism isn't going to answer this question, because atheism doesn't answer this question. It's not a cult or religion or belief system or organization (tax-free) or charity (non-profit). It's the absence of ________. Period.

Science, on the other hand, is always trying, striving , blood sweat and tears style, to answer these questions and many more.

The idea, the enormity, the unencompassing immensity of science is, just wow. Science isn't one thing, it's everything. Everything you know about the world is because of science. Earth science, life science, chemistry, physics, neurophysiology, astronomy, fucking simple archery involves science. Certain parts of it are perhaps a little more fundamental, and It's taken hundreds of thousands of people and maybe more to understand and see what's truly going on around us in the real world.
In the world of mythology, it takes one, a few or a handful. Of people who all have the same thought in their heads, as opposed to one or a few or many or groups of science-minded people who perform studies and experiments under controlled conditions and can report similar (if not the same) results.
No, atheism doesn't answer the question, and science hasn't yet either. But where science is taking steps, religion consistently erodes the ladder that tends to make advancement possible.
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
Yeah, wtf is "atheistic origin science?" I heard that a lot of atheists originated from reading the Bible, is that what you mean? Angel

Scientific consensus, however, is rather content with the idea of singularity then universe. And has been mentioned, it is a model based on General Relativity where the equations only make sense for values of time t>0.

Scientific consensus is also pretty content with the of causal origin at singularity, i.e. that before has no meaningful context. And these answers may not be emotionally satisfying, but these are the answers that work. These are the answers that haven't been shown to be, as yet, wrong.

Unlike creation myths - which have all been shown to be myth.
(November 28, 2013 at 11:48 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(October 31, 2013 at 8:16 am)MindForgedManacle Wrote: A theoretical construct is not metaphysical at all.

the atheists are trying but are unable to do away with that stubborn singularity that has theistic implications. they like the idea of something bubbling or even nothing as the cause.

Sorry - but YOU are wrong

There is nothing in a "beginning" of the Universe that requires a "GOD" of religion at all.

Even if the Universe was created by a higher power - there is NO reason to believe a "god" was needed - only a being with the power to start the process of Evolution - ie a "creator" - can possibly be implied even then.

There is no need for that being to have ANY power beyond that of creation - no need for that being to continue to exist After the "creation" - and no support for claims of religion regarding an almighty god at all.
I can't accurately respond to any posts here yet, I'm still laughing at the term "atheistic origin science."
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(November 29, 2013 at 1:49 am)houseofcantor Wrote: Yeah, wtf is "atheistic origin science?" I heard that a lot of atheists originated from reading the Bible, is that what you mean? Angel

Scientific consensus, however, is rather content with the idea of singularity then universe. And has been mentioned, it is a model based on General Relativity where the equations only make sense for values of time t>0.

Scientific consensus is also pretty content with the of causal origin at singularity, i.e. that before has no meaningful context. And these answers may not be emotionally satisfying, but these are the answers that work. These are the answers that haven't been shown to be, as yet, wrong.

God is supra-dimensional to the cosmic timeline. He is not usher along by it's one-directional cause-effect property or control by it in anyway. It is known by deductive reasoning that He has access to at least to two dimensions of time and probably a time plane where He is able function with an infinite amount of time dim's.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
(December 3, 2013 at 9:29 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(November 29, 2013 at 1:49 am)houseofcantor Wrote: Yeah, wtf is "atheistic origin science?" I heard that a lot of atheists originated from reading the Bible, is that what you mean? Angel

God is supra-dimensional to the cosmic timeline. He is not usher along by it's one-directional cause-effect property or control by it in anyway. It is known by deductive reasoning that He has access to at least to two dimensions of time and probably a time plane where He is able function with an infinite amount of time dim's.

"Known by deductive reasoning"?

Prove it, snowflake.
(December 3, 2013 at 9:29 pm)snowtracks Wrote: God is supra-dimensional to the cosmic timeline. He is not usher along by it's one-directional cause-effect property or control by it in anyway. It is known by deductive reasoning that He has access to at least to two dimensions of time and probably a time plane where He is able function with an infinite amount of time dim's.

And Spiderman can do whatever a spider can. Are we going to continue talking in handwaving, baseless speculation, or are you going to get to the point of demonstrating your claims?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2477 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1439 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4171 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2974 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10374 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1839 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15422 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6386 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9954 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19314 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer