Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I'm Getting Confirmed
RE: So, I'm Getting Confirmed
(January 6, 2014 at 5:23 am)Godschild Wrote: All non-believers should fear hell, and I like it how atheist always and I mean always believe Christians refer to hell when they make a statement that doesn't say anything about hell.

Boy, the first part of that sentence really does take all the oomph out of the second part, doesn't it? Thinking

Quote:Know what that says about those who do that, hell scares them with a fright they can't let go of.

Actually, what it says is that you christians have exactly one argument for your religion, and that is to pretend you have a cudgel to brandish at us: can you really blame us for expecting the same old song and dance? Perhaps you could consider not making threats the go-to argument for your god, and just clam up until you've got some actual evidence?

Quote: Do you really care about how they feel, apparently not if your willing to lie.

GC, not familiar with the concept of a white lie, presumably just tells his wife she looks terrible every time she wears something unflattering, and lends the same unfaltering honesty to the quality of his children's endeavors when they came home from school with their latest drawings. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(January 6, 2014 at 5:23 am)Godschild Wrote: The one thing you can take from this, I did not mean you were going to go to hell.... but is I don't see you in heaven.

GC

Well luckily it's not you standing at the pearly gates deciding whether we get to go in or not. If there really was a god like you believe in he would know each and every one of us deeper than we even know ourselves, information you don't have access to. Keep your fear-mongering to yourself.
Quote: All non-believers should fear hell,

Paradox alert!

That's like saying "everyone who doesn't believe in Santa should be good so he'll bring them toys."

How can they fear hell when by definition THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN IT?!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
I guess he should've said: All believers in hell should fear it. I for one don't fear it, nor death, only what leads to it, eg: a slow painfull time until death due to desease.
awe hell ... we're back to Hell already. Tongue

Why can't superstitious twists keep their insane beliefs to themselves? (rhetorical, I already know why)

Anyway, this is what I'm actually responding to:

(January 6, 2014 at 5:23 am)Godschild Wrote: ... I like it how atheist always and I mean always believe Christians refer to hell when they make a statement that doesn't say anything about hell. Know what that says about those who do that, hell scares them with a fright they can't let go of.

Well, yes and no.
Many of us were former christians. My parents/preachers/teachers used FEAR to keep me on my knees and in the faith since I was six. They imprinted a terrifying image of hell in my mind. They deserve to burn for doing this to a child, but I digress. So yes, hell does inspire fear, it's supposed to.
However, what you are reading is not a direct result of fear. Anger and disgust are the result of the fear that YOU people instilled in the minds of innocents. Perhaps my wrath was created from fear, but you shouldn't interpret what you read as actual fear. It's anger for what you sell.

We no longer believe in hell, but we lash out against it because it is a vile unjust unwarranted absurd tool that christianity didn't even event, but capitalized on in order to enslave the free mind. Like the meme says, "It's your hell, you go burn in it."
[Image: Evolution.png]

Oh and bring me some bacon please when you come back since hell doesn't exist.
[Highlighting, bold, and color added to GC's comments]

(January 6, 2014 at 5:23 am)Godschild Wrote: [Image: gc-hell.jpg]
(January 4, 2014 at 2:37 pm)ChildOfReason Wrote: I love how all you can do is try to scare me with Hell. I'm sorry, YOUR Hell. You know there are tons of other Hells that you should be afraid of if you expect me to be afraid of YOUR Hell?
Still think I should fear your hell?

All non-believers should fear hell, and I like it how atheist always and I mean always believe Christians refer to hell when they make a statement that doesn't say anything about hell. Know what that says about those who do that, hell scares them with a fright they can't let go of.

Or perhaps he was drawing a logical conclusion based on the context of your overt representations, the express and implied context, and his familiarity with impotently threatening Christian twats like you.

(January 6, 2014 at 5:23 am)Godschild Wrote: I wasn't saying anything about hell, I actually had no thought in that direction, you never considered that I was speaking of getting caught in the lie did you, getting caught in a lie not only makes things worse but, the truth also comes out. If you lie and get caught how do you think your parents who love you, whether you love them or not, will feel.

And here is an explicit lie on your part because your post made clear it was about lying "to God," not to other people. The only thing funnier than your impotent terroristic threats is how desperately you try to backpedal and disown them when you're caught out at it. Maybe he doesn't fear hell so much as the behavior of disingenuous, lying Christian assholes like you who make peoples' lives a hell here on earth.

[Image: hell-joke.jpg]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
OP, how old are you?

Do you live at home? Require support from parents?

If >18 and the answer is no and no, then IMHO come out for Beezlebub's sake! We need more "out" atheists.

If you are a minor and/or require support, you could demure -- "I'm struggling to understand, not ready to write such an essay yet, I need time/space to think things through, blah and blah, etc."

Last resort would be complying with the demand to go with the flow, but I understand that may be for the best in some situations.

Religion brings out the worst in people unfortunately.
Since the Christian faith is hardly more than an embarrassing appeal to authority anyway, just write a faith statement along the lines of, "I believe because my parents/pastor told me I should believe because their parents/pastors told them to believe because [insert as many such phrases as you think necessary to make the point] . . . because an old book told them to believe."
The answer to this is easy. Any atheist can regurgitate the stupid things that christians say. Just write down some flowery stuff and read it to them. As for lying, don't feel bad about it. After all, they are the ones that told you the lie in the first place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xhristards - Getting Stupider Every Day Minimalist 10 1275 July 25, 2018 at 5:42 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Catholics getting rid of layers of bullshit. Whateverist 17 2578 September 16, 2016 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why do I waste time at Christian sites, I keep getting banned... SanDiegoGuy 55 8183 July 29, 2014 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: SanDiegoGuy
  Oklahomans getting Jesus-shot from convicted felon TaraJo 4 1743 March 9, 2014 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Mystical