Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 12:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet peeves?
RE: Pet peeves?
(February 18, 2014 at 8:10 am)Psykhronic Wrote: Again, its not that easy. Cigs are more available than weed. Weed does not quell nicotine cravings, and a lot of people top off smoking pot with a cig. So smoking pot now gives me huge cravings for cigs. Sorry reality is not as simple as you wish it to be. If it were, there would be very few smokers.

Also - not everyone can smoke pot. Many people can, but not everyone.

Actually I was just pointing out that you do benefit from the taxes on cigs. I actually do not like the cancer industry, thanks.

Cigs are more available, so what. Not a good argument at all.

Weed most certainly can work for quitting cigs, try harder. Once you get over that first week or month without cigs, you're done with them.

And no, you need a reality check, people mostly don't smoke weed over cigs because of the illegal status of it, which if lifted tomorrow would put cigarettes companies out of business unless they changed.

Not everyone can smoke pot, but everyone can smoke cigs? what kind of stupid argument is this, I'm sorry. Or you're saying that some people who can smoke cigs can't smoke pot? what the fuck does this statement even mean...

..Points out the benefits of cigarettes taxes, but is not in favor of the cigarette industry...Do you hear yourself? or did you just want to make that point? I could care less about cig tax money, because it would go over to weed, I just said that. C'mon this is getting asinine. All because I have a pet peeve with smoking cigs. Kind of a butthurt bunch tonight just making an inference based on my opinion.

(February 18, 2014 at 8:12 am)Psykhronic Wrote: Lawlz. QT, you sound like a know-it-all college student yearning for recognition and attention. This doesn't make you wrong, but it's awfully pathetic.

Since we're analyzing either other now to obfuscate...

You sound like a little teenager using phrases like lawlz

That's more pathetic to obfuscate after defending the cigarette industry.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
(February 18, 2014 at 8:18 am)Quantum Theorist Wrote:
(February 18, 2014 at 8:10 am)Psykhronic Wrote: Again, its not that easy. Cigs are more available than weed. Weed does not quell nicotine cravings, and a lot of people top off smoking pot with a cig. So smoking pot now gives me huge cravings for cigs. Sorry reality is not as simple as you wish it to be. If it were, there would be very few smokers.

Also - not everyone can smoke pot. Many people can, but not everyone.

Actually I was just pointing out that you do benefit from the taxes on cigs. I actually do not like the cancer industry, thanks.

Cigs are more available, so what. Not a good argument at all.

Weed most certainly can work for quitting cigs, try harder. Once you get over that first week or month without cigs, you're done with them.

And no, you need a reality check, people mostly don't smoke weed over cigs because of the illegal status of it, which if lifted tomorrow would put cigarettes companies out of business unless they changed.

Not everyone can smoke pot, but everyone can smoke cigs? what kind of stupid argument is this, I'm sorry. Or you're saying that some people who can smoke cigs can't smoke pot? what the fuck does this statement even mean...

..Points out the benefits of cigarettes taxes, but is not in favor of the cigarette industry...Do you hear yourself? or did you just want to make that point? I could care less about cig tax money, because it would go over to weed, I just said that. C'mon this is getting asinine. All because I have a pet peeve with smoking cigs. Kind of a butthurt bunch tonight just making an inference based on my opinion.

What the fuck? I'm not arguing that because cigs are taxed = awesome, or not everyone can smoke weed therefore they can smoke cigs. What I am saying is - it's not super fucking simple like you make it out to be, which is not a justification for cigs being legal but it IS why people do not simply just fucking stop. Yes, weed tax could replace cig tax. Fine. And yes I am aware that pot's illegal status keeps many people from smoking it, but you do realize that it's much easier to attain when you can just walk into a store and buy it, right? Dealers can be such a hassle. So yeah, go ahead and misconstrue my arguments. You're not doing anything for anyone.

And if it pisses you off, I'll use 'lawlz' all day long. HATERS GONNA HATE ^_^
(February 18, 2014 at 8:23 am)Psykhronic Wrote: I'm not arguing that because cigs are taxed = awesome

Why bring that up then? it's not a convincing argument to me.

(February 18, 2014 at 8:23 am)Psykhronic Wrote: or not everyone can smoke weed therefore they can smoke cigs

Then why compare the two? Weed most certainly can be used as a substitute smoking method for nicotine because at least THC is appealing, much more so than Nicotine and can overpower it.

But this whole "some people can't smoke weed" argument is a bad because I never said I want everyone to smoke weed, just everyone who smokes cigs, if they must smoke something.

(February 18, 2014 at 8:23 am)Psykhronic Wrote: What I am saying is - it's not super fucking simple like you make it out to be, which is not a justification for cigs being legal but it IS why people do not simply just fucking stop.

I never claimed it was simple to get cigarettes out of society. I was saying the concepts I was bringing up were simple. This is an equivocation. And, people can "just stop" but that's for those with strong willpower, not all of us have that, I agree.

(February 18, 2014 at 8:23 am)Psykhronic Wrote: Yes, weed tax could replace cig tax. Fine.

Great, then there is no logical argument for keeping cigarettes legal if we could hypothetically get rid of them tomorrow, for example.

(February 18, 2014 at 8:23 am)Psykhronic Wrote: And yes I am aware that pot's illegal status keeps many people from smoking it, but you do realize that it's much easier to attain when you can just walk into a store and buy it, right?

Which is a great argument for prohibition of cigs, thanks Smile

(February 18, 2014 at 8:23 am)Psykhronic Wrote: Dealers can be such a hassle. So yeah, go ahead and misconstrue my arguments. You're not doing anything for anyone.

Well if I have I apologize but I don't agree, I think you're the only one who's misconstrued anything. Well, you don't need a dealer; there's plenty of decriminalized states you can get a prescription for it, two states where it's completely legal, and a bunch of other states where you can grow your own pot legally. Again, I don't see how the convenience of something makes your case, whatever your case is, you just seem to be butthurt about me being Anti-Cigarette
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
I live in a state with Medical Pot. It costs 250 bucks to get your license. You have to buy at least a half-ounce from most caregivers, dispensaries are not opened yet. I know pot is gonna become legal soon enough. Hell, I even wonder if hemp could be a good alternative for cigarettes, although straight up pot is likely better. Even in decriminalized states though, you can't just get a prescription. Look, I apologize for how choppy I am talking, I am being drugged on oxycodone, but I am saying - for those who don't "just stop", there is a reason why and shaming them is not going to help. I will concede to the point that cigs should not be legal all day long.

I think your anti-cig mantra does not help those who smoke to quit. The way you go about it, that is.
Fair enough, pskhronic. I could have been less blunt myself.

I sympathize with addiction, I do. Just be fair enough to accept that it's my pet peeve to be around cigarettes or their noxious fumes Smile
(February 18, 2014 at 8:42 am)Quantum Theorist Wrote: Fair enough, pskhronic

I sympathize with addiction, I do. Just be fair enough to accept that it's my pet peeve to being around cigarettes or it's noxious fumes Smile

I am glad we reached this point. You are of course free to hate cigs and their fumes all day long. Just cut us smokers a little slack - we (well, MOST of us) KNOW we're being stupid but addiction is a biiiiitch. If I could slap my teenage self, believe me I would. And yes, when it's quitting time (which is coming up next month!) I shall smoke so much weed. So very much. Weed. Everywhere. Big Grin

Oh, and I actually despise when smokers litter with their butts every goddamn where. Even when there's a smokers pole they'll just throw the butt towards the pole instead of putting it inside. And they stand right in front of entrances to smoke. Aggravating. Or when they fishbowl their houses with cig smoke... ewwww. Even I have limits.
Fus Ro Dah, bitch!
I really need to play Skyrim. My pet peeve is it is not the end of the month yet wherein I shall have the money for a gaming PC and thus games.
Elder Scrolls Online should be out NOW.

That is my annoyance at the moment.
Everyone on reddit (gaming) seems so conflicted over Elder Scrolls Online. I hope it ends up being awesome. A lot of people think the single-player aspect is insanely important to the elder scrolls series. For some reason. I'm not sure where I stand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Foxaèr 8 585 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Your pet stories. Brian37 27 1888 February 4, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Pet pictures The Valkyrie 29 2329 March 6, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pet Peeves with commercial marketing. Brian37 17 1769 July 30, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  My Top 5 Pet Peeves chimp3 40 11190 June 1, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Language Pet Peeve BrianSoddingBoru4 55 7060 February 16, 2017 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pet pleasures Thumpalumpacus 246 24833 November 12, 2016 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  The Pet Peeves Thread Edwardo Piet 372 37850 June 9, 2016 at 1:50 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Is/Are your pet(s) right pawed or left pawed? brewer 15 2990 February 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The pictures topic: Show us your pet(s) rado84 13 4017 July 23, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: robvalue