Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet peeves?
Pet peeves?
Is there anything that a coworker, friend or significant other does that serious horks you off? Something that, in the grand scheme of things is truly inconsequential but just makes you go 'ARRRRRGGGGHHH!' ?

For me, it's my wife's habit of leaving cupboard/cabinet doors open. She'll open a cupboard, get a mug, pour herself a cuppa, and leave the room with the cupboard door still open. Or she'll put away the marketing, stack the canned/dry goods ever so neatly on the shelves - and leave the door open.

I've said, 'Luv, could you shut that, please?' more times than most people have had hot dinners. No result. This has been going on for 12 years.

*sigh* Love's grand.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Pet peeves?
People who chew really loudly. You know that horrible lip smacking mushy sound of someone with too much food in their face hole.
I like things to be symmetrical. I also don't like to see something be just a little on top of something, or just barely attached to something. It's a little weird because I can be disorderly a lot, but if I decide to organize something, it needs to be just so.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

People who shove all in with 8 9 off suit against pocket 9s and hit their straights. Then shove again A Q vs A Q and hit a 4 card flush for their Ace. Then hit a flush again with 2 3 suited against my Q 9 suited. All in the same round.

That really pisses me off!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(January 30, 2014 at 7:42 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: People who chew really loudly. You know that horrible lip smacking mushy sound of someone with too much food in their face hole.

My mother doesn't do that, but she does say "Ahhhhhh" really loudly after a sip of something.

Better than a belch, though.

As for me, I hate pet names when at a store or hotel or some place where "sir" or "ma'am" is more appropriate.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
The fact that a majority of people in the U.S. have replaced all adjectives with the word crazy.

How did you feel when your Mom died?
- It was crazy.

How did you feel the first time you had sex?
- It was crazy.

Did you like the party?
- It was crazy.

How was the President's speech?
- It was crazy.

Do you like your new car?
- It's crazy.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem, otherwise I might be crazy.
Yes the food chewing is by far my biggest pet peeve. There's a guy I work with that sits next to me on break. I've never encountered a more obnoxious chewer. I've told him multiple times that it's disgusting. He's 24 years old and still a virgin. I tell him it's because he probably makes the mistake of eating in front of woman before trying to have sex with them. The thought of his sloppy mouth anywhere near her is going to turn anyone off forever.
I have a coworker that squints her eyes and waggles her eyebrows all. the. time. It drives me bonkers. Why? Why?? Just, stop it!!! Your face doesn't have to perform intricate gymnastics routines every time you talk to me!

She also seems to delight in asking me where I'm going or how my lunch-time runs were or making weird little comments, with the ever present squinting and eyebrow waggles. I know she's trying to make polite conversation (she's sort of new) but it makes me feel like she's keeping tabs on me or that I have to answer to her. Besides, why does she care how my run was? Or that I'm going to the bathroom? Why does she have to make "o0o0o0o0o" type remarks and waggle her eyebrows when she finds out our boss has asked me back to his office like I'm in trouble or like being called back to his office is a big deal? It's not; there are 10 people in my office and we all talk to the boss in his office regularly.

She also seems to be a butter-inner. If I'm talking with a coworker two cubicles over and she wants to eavesdrop, than she should eavesdrop from her own cubicle, don't stand up, walk over to where we are and then just stand there listening. That's creepy. Again, I know she's new(ish) and wants to learn, but lurking is irritating and weird. I'd be perfectly fine with her listening in from her cubicle and then ask me about the conversation when I get back to my desk; that's not weird, no one in our office can have a private conversation unless we leave the office or whisper really really softly or talk through private email addresses so it's not strange at all that someone would ask me about a conversation I had with a coworker that everyone could overhear.

She's basically turning out to be the kind of person that I detest being around. Undecided

Also, it's very irritating when people stand too close to me in line.

Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
The frequent misuse of "you're" and "your" as well as "their" and "they're."

When I wave hello at someone I know and they act like they didn't see me even though they were CLEARLY LOOKING IN MY DIRECTION.

Wedging meat between two halves of a biscuit.

Putting meat on a salad.

Raisins in granola.

When sci-fi consists completely of fiction with no actual science. (Star Trek replicators, for example. Physically impossible.)

When something sci-fi suddenly explains something that happened as "magic." Lazy!
That idiot driver who MUST stop all traffic at least once a week calling unwanted attention to me and walk me across the road

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Foxaèr 8 510 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Your pet stories. Brian37 27 1659 February 4, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Pet pictures The Valkyrie 29 2039 March 6, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pet Peeves with commercial marketing. Brian37 17 1668 July 30, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  My Top 5 Pet Peeves chimp3 40 10991 June 1, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Language Pet Peeve BrianSoddingBoru4 55 6626 February 16, 2017 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pet pleasures Thumpalumpacus 246 20913 November 12, 2016 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  The Pet Peeves Thread Edwardo Piet 372 35475 June 9, 2016 at 1:50 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Is/Are your pet(s) right pawed or left pawed? brewer 15 2886 February 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The pictures topic: Show us your pet(s) rado84 13 3948 July 23, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: robvalue