Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 8:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am availible to answer some questions
RE: I am availible to answer some questions
'Devout Christian' because regular Christians aren't good enough?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(March 7, 2014 at 2:08 pm)Miss Meng Wrote:
(March 7, 2014 at 11:04 am)Napoléon Wrote: That would require believing in him in the first place.

Everybody has the Lord Jesus Christ within.

~ Miss Meng

Yep... everybody's born a muslim.. but some are lured away from it by their fallacious parents.
Or so the story goes...
(March 7, 2014 at 1:57 pm)Miss Meng Wrote: I know the Lord through a number of portals if you like, there are many ways to come to know the Him. As the spiritual dimension permeates the physical, there is always a portal that opens if you are open, honest and patient.

~ Miss Meng

A number of portals? How many are there? Please describe these and provide evidence for their existence. If you can't, I'll assume they're imaginary.

I absolutely love how Christians dodge the shit out of this.
-God talks to me!
-How? Audibly?
-Well, no...
-You hear God's voice in your heard?
-Not exactly...
-He sends visions that you know for sure can't be hallucinations?
-No...
-Then how exactly does God talk to you?
-HE JUST DOES! YOU CAN'T QUESTION THE DIVINE! YOU HAVE TO HAVE FAITH! I JUST "KNOW"! I FEEL IT IN MY HEART!

(March 7, 2014 at 2:08 pm)Miss Meng Wrote: Everybody has the Lord Jesus Christ within.

~ Miss Meng

I assure you, no man has ever been "within" me lol
Quote:Ah.... so nice of you to drop by.

Thank you.

Quote:First question: where did you get the notion of "Heavenly Father" from?

Through prayer.

Quote:Second question: How do you know that this entity is willing to forgive anything?

Once you come to know Him, you will know when He has forgiven.

Quote:Third: what's to forgive?

There is always something to forgive.

Quote:Fourth: "creator"? where did that come from?!

He created the heavens and the Earth.

Quote:EDIT:
Almost forgot: welcome to the forum! Here's to hoping you have a lovely time around here.
cheers!

Thank you dear!

~ Miss Meng
(March 7, 2014 at 12:34 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(March 7, 2014 at 12:28 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: How can I remove these unsightly rust stains and calcium deposits from my tub?

Vinegar works wonders on calcium deposits, just apply and leave for a few hours, then rinse.
May also help with the rust...

I find Magic Erasers to work wonders! Wink

And Miss Meng, here's something for you to read. And please keep the preachiness to a minimum.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(March 7, 2014 at 1:01 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Awesome! I have some questions.

I welcome any and all questions! Smile

Quote:Were the holes in Jesus's hands any good for wanking? He was male, so he obviously tried. Does the Bible mention how that went?

Jesus had much more important things to attend to in His time on earth.

Quote:When Jesus died, just how many zombies rose from their grave?

Jesus was never a zombie, His rebirth is apart from anything that is "zombie-ish".

Quote:How did a snake learn to talk in Eden?

How do all animals talk?

Quote:Why did Jesus steal that horse? Does that mean I can steal a car "for the lord"?

He did not steal it. He borrowed it. The owners were more than happy to let Jesus ride the horse.

~ Miss Meng
Brilliant. Lots of non-answers.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 7, 2014 at 2:47 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Brilliant. Lots of non-answers.

While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. -Ta'lon
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(March 7, 2014 at 1:37 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: Miss Meng,

How can you believe in a deity for which theists of other deities have precisely the same valid arguments to discount the existence of your deity that you have to discount the existence of their deities?

They are all different manifestations of the One. Him.

~ Miss Meng
(March 7, 2014 at 2:53 pm)Miss Meng Wrote: They are all different manifestations of the One. Him.

Him?
[Image: 3645-neo.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is not the answer Foxaèr 47 5333 October 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer Foxaèr 431 128941 August 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12595 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I've never gotten a good answer to.... Brian37 23 5802 October 23, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The Consistent Asshole Answer to Every Problem Minimalist 3 1869 June 17, 2016 at 9:37 am
Last Post: tacebotedo
  Share Your Untestimony: Prayers that God didn't Answer Rhondazvous 81 21724 November 3, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Answer is - The Greeks Minimalist 16 3295 January 27, 2015 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Questions to answer polar bear 20 3588 October 26, 2014 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Losty
  possible answer to why you should believe jeroenymo 65 11905 October 23, 2014 at 10:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13
Information FOR THE Atheist/Anti-Muslim/Non-Muslim, A Muslim ( Me) is going to answer you kahmed123 47 8638 October 8, 2014 at 8:37 am
Last Post: bladevalant546