Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Your Untestimony: Prayers that God didn't Answer
Share Your Untestimony: Prayers that God didn't Answer
My cousin suffered multiple miscarriages because of fibroids. The last time she got pregnant, we were doing a three-way with my sister and decided to pray for her. My sister led the prayer. I never knew my sister could pray like that. It was a fervent, effectual prayer, the kind the Bible says availeth much. I thought for sure if god answered any prayer, it would be that one. My cousin lost that baby in the most emotionally painful miscarriage she’d ever had. Nothing was said about the prayer. They just swept it under the rug and I wondered if I was the only one who noticed how lumpy that rug was becoming.

One day, my cousin was sitting in church during baby dedications. The pastor, bless his heart, was trying to encourage the parents to be good parents, telling them god had entrusted them with the little souls. He was just trying to encourage them, but my cousin took it as an indictment. She ran out of the church in tears convinced that the reason she could not have a baby was because god did not trust her.

She never asked why, if god were in the business of keeping untrustworthy women from having babies, why was her husband’s daughter allowed to be born. Her husband’s daughter was beat up by her other’s lesbian lover. Why god want to pick on my little cousin? “Oh she’s a particularly bad woman. We better not let her have any kids.”

God will answer your prayers about little stupid things that you could do for yourself, but the one’s he doesn’t answer are the ones where people are really hurting, really in need and have nothing else that they can do.

I’m tired of Christians giving their testimonies that do nothing but show how screwed up their priorities are. I want to hear the untestimonies of those who asked god for something that any loving god would have granted.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Share Your Untestimony: Prayers that God didn't Answer
Not an unanswered prayer but a wrong message from god. A dear friend of mine came screeching into our driveway a few years back to see that I was okay. A voice in her head said I was in danger. I was touched and irritated all at once. But she only interrupted dinner and she hasn't made a habit of it, so I'll just take it as good will.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I remember this one clearly, even though it happened as a kid.

My grandmother fell ill and was hospitalised.

My mother, my brother and I, along with myriad aunts, uncles and cousins, spent hours in church praying and, as she got progressively worse, the prayers became more fervent.

But no amount of prayer worked and my grandmother was moved to hospice with cancer and died a few months afterwards, aged in late fifties (the Anderson women tend to drop before hitting 60).
Dying to live, living to die.
My first crush.
Needless to say,God fucked me over.
I wonder where she is now
I prayed for guidance through an uncertain world after the Revolution turned mine upside-down. Didn't even get to his voice-mail. Left alone, I chose to go it alone.

God does not hear the prayer of anyone in a false religion.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I prayed for some chocolate ice-cream. I got vanilla.
F*** you, god!
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(August 20, 2015 at 11:04 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: I prayed for some chocolate ice-cream. I got vanilla.
F*** you, god!

God is racist.

Nothing brown for you!

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
What a sad story, I'm so sorry Rhonda Sad

It seems like in such situations you are saying, "Please God, don't be a cunt and kill my child. I suspect that is exactly what you have in mind. But please don't".
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I prayed to God for maths.

he really is an ass...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prayers don't work so why do religious keep jabbing at it? Fake Messiah 65 9659 August 26, 2019 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  God is not the answer Foxaèr 47 5091 October 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2561 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Share your worldview? psalm531 99 7860 February 13, 2018 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer Foxaèr 431 125712 August 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12230 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I sorta feel like I didn't live up to my Dad's expecatations NuclearEnergy 22 2279 January 2, 2017 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  I've never gotten a good answer to.... Brian37 23 5660 October 23, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The Consistent Asshole Answer to Every Problem Minimalist 3 1834 June 17, 2016 at 9:37 am
Last Post: tacebotedo
  Does your God Only Live in your Mind? Salacious B. Crumb 2 1634 May 2, 2015 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb