Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 1:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
RE: The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave
(April 13, 2014 at 3:26 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(April 13, 2014 at 3:22 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: The Bible is divinely inspired, reveals the truth of Christ as the Son of God, and it's message is consistent through out, and its prophesies come true.

It's written by men, is contradictory throughout, and vague prophecies can be interpreted in a wide variety of ways.

Written by men, inspired by God. No contradictions, prophecies pretty clear to me.
(April 13, 2014 at 3:16 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Mary and Joseph had kids together after Christ's birth.

...and?

(Glossing over how we prove these claims)
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(March 28, 2014 at 10:39 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: We are reminded of this event every day. Not a day goes by where you don't hear His name mentioned, hear a song praising Him, drive by a church, see someone wearing a cross, or hear a verse from the Bible.

Jesus predicted His death and resurrection while He was alive. He tomb was empty on three days after His death. He appeared to His disciples. These men's lives were changed and God used them to change the world. Paul and 500 others have seen the risen Christ. The early church grew greatly even with terrible persecution speaks of the power of this Truth. Greatest evidence is the transformation of millions of lives of born again believers.

No, once you are dead you stay dead. Once the atoms and molecules are destroyed beyond repair, there is no coming back. It is a myth, a story. It was either a con job by the person who started the splinter Jewish sect, or the people who concocted it merely were competitors wanting to start a new religion.

What did not happen was a zombie god surviving rigor mortis. The only thing that story proves is that humans wrote that story and put it in a book. The scientific reality of death does not make such a fairy tale possible in reality.

If the Jesus story were written today people would be wearing either electric chairs or needles around their necks and not crosses. If you are willing to accept that one cannot blow their own head off with a shotgun, then you also need to accept under NO circumstances does anyone ever survive permanent death beyond clinical death.

That story was written by scientifically ignorant people who were competing to have their concocted magic super hero show up in their lifetimes.
(April 13, 2014 at 3:40 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 28, 2014 at 10:39 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: We are reminded of this event every day. Not a day goes by where you don't hear His name mentioned, hear a song praising Him, drive by a church, see someone wearing a cross, or hear a verse from the Bible.

Jesus predicted His death and resurrection while He was alive. He tomb was empty on three days after His death. He appeared to His disciples. These men's lives were changed and God used them to change the world. Paul and 500 others have seen the risen Christ. The early church grew greatly even with terrible persecution speaks of the power of this Truth. Greatest evidence is the transformation of millions of lives of born again believers.

No, once you are dead you stay dead. Once the atoms and molecules are destroyed beyond repair, there is no coming back. It is a myth, a story. It was either a con job by the person who started the splinter Jewish sect, or the people who concocted it merely were competitors wanting to start a new religion.

What did not happen was a zombie god surviving rigor mortis. The only thing that story proves is that humans wrote that story and put it in a book. The scientific reality of death does not make such a fairy tale possible in reality.

If the Jesus story were written today people would be wearing either electric chairs or needles around their necks and not crosses. If you are willing to accept that one cannot blow their own head off with a shotgun, then you also need to accept under NO circumstances does anyone ever survive permanent death beyond clinical death.

That story was written by scientifically ignorant people who were competing to have their concocted magic super hero show up in their lifetimes.

That's what set's Christ apart. He supernaturally conquered death! It goes beyond what science can explain.
(April 13, 2014 at 3:37 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(April 13, 2014 at 3:26 pm)Beccs Wrote: It's written by men, is contradictory throughout, and vague prophecies can be interpreted in a wide variety of ways.

Written by men, inspired by God. No contradictions, prophecies pretty clear to me.

The booke of the Dead. Written by Men, inspired by Egyptian gods. No contradictions and pretty clear to the people who want to interpret it their way.

The bible is literally FULL of contradictions.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(April 13, 2014 at 3:42 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: That's what set's Christ apart. He supernaturally conquered death! It goes beyond what science can explain.

It also goes beyond your ability to confirm it actually happened, I'd remind you.

As to biblical contradictions, here's a little graphic of all of them. Enjoy that.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(April 13, 2014 at 3:57 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(April 13, 2014 at 3:42 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: That's what set's Christ apart. He supernaturally conquered death! It goes beyond what science can explain.

It also goes beyond your ability to confirm it actually happened, I'd remind you.

As to biblical contradictions, here's a little graphic of all of them. Enjoy that.

I will randomly chose one of the supposed contradictions since it would probably take a life time to go through each one and explain it. I'll be back.
Don't hurry.

And also don't imagine that some other asshole hasn't tried the same silly answer before. We have heard them all.
(April 13, 2014 at 4:01 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I will randomly chose one of the supposed contradictions since it would probably take a life time to go through each one and explain it. I'll be back.
Think about that. There are enough discrepancies and outright contradictions in the Bible that you admit that "it would probably take a lifetime" to address them all.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(April 13, 2014 at 4:01 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(April 13, 2014 at 3:57 pm)Esquilax Wrote: It also goes beyond your ability to confirm it actually happened, I'd remind you.

I will randomly chose one of the supposed contradictions since it would probably take a life time to go through each one and explain it. I'll be back.

Hi,
It's me again. He is the random supposed contradiction I chose. It asks where does God dwell.

God dwells in Zion.

Psalm 9:11

Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.

Psalm 76:2

In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.

Joel 3:17

So shall ye know that I [am] the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

God dwells in the heavens.

Psalm 123:1

Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.

Ecclesiastes 5:2

Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter [any] thing before God: for God [is] in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

If God is omnipresent, which He is, He can be everywhere at once. He is not finite as we are. He transcends space and time. Yet, He has designated certain places for particular functions or being places of significance where he can commune with us.

Jeremiah 23:24 ESV

Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the Lord.

Proverbs 15:3 ESV

The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Psalm 139:7-10 ESV

Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits Minimalist 34 6994 December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which Jesus is real? Silver 40 8973 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3357 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  lies, broken promises, racism : the real Jesus jenny1972 6 2100 November 4, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  The Historical Reliability of the New Testament Randy Carson 706 126995 June 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Historical Easter Question for Minimalist thesummerqueen 26 8141 April 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7675 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home. Esquilax 46 10074 June 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Vox
  Jesus Would Role Over In His Grave Cinjin 7 2558 April 19, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  For People Who Think There Was No Historical Jesus Confused Ape 487 235752 May 11, 2013 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist